ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Cliff Omoruyi Decision Time for tomorrow

I’m thrilled about having Jones on board. But there’s no way Jones as a freshman is replacing Montez Mathis in our “core”.

And Myles Johnson could still be here.

@Russ Wood any info u can share that led to ur flip on the pick?
For the past few months I'd been checking with two different sources about this recruitment. A few weeks ago, I posted in one of the many Clifford Omoruyi threads, that one source was hearing lots of Rutgers buzz while the other source wasn't and continued to tell me that ASU would be the pick.

About a week ago the source that was saying ASU suddenly started telling me he was no longer sure.

Today I heard from both sources and they both said it's Rutgers. One of them mentioned how it went down but I'm not posting that here lol.

For the past few months I'd been checking with two different sources about this recruitment. A few weeks ago, I posted in one of the many Clifford Omoruyi threads, that one source was hearing lots of Rutgers buzz while the other source wasn't and continued to tell me that ASU would be the pick.

About a week ago the source that was saying ASU suddenly started telling me he was no longer sure.

Today I heard from both sources and they both said it's Rutgers. One of them mentioned how it went down but I'm not posting that here lol.

Oh man...no little nuggets?!?!

Whàaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!?

:CHOP::Chop banana::CHOP::Chop banana::CHOP::Chop banana::CHOP::Chop banana:
giphy.gif

Just need good defense and a few points per game his freshman year, not a lot to ask given his abilities.

Agree. If the minutes breakdown at center looks like this it should be pretty good:

MJ - 22 min
Doucoure - 11 min
Cliff - 7 min

Chad Lykins on Rivals just flipped from ASU to RU. Everybody’s flippin’ all over the place.

Overall and offensively MJ is the best big on the roster but watch Doucoure's D late in the year. Plays straight up without fouling and sets great screens too without fouling. Having bigs that can take up space and not foul is huge. He also perfected the hedge and recover that escaped MJ and Duke also did a nice job on closing out on the corner 3pt shooters.

Hope Duke can contribute a bit offensively this year to round out his game.

Last edited:
With Cliff this team will be sick!

Is it me or is Pike building a Juggernaut?

Lots of hard work to be done between here and there. But it’s definitely exciting to think about how Pike has us trending right now.

Doucoure is better defensively than MJ. There I said it.
Not even close. When Doucoure was in there, we had no shot blocker/atlerer. He had no rim protector presence. We also got horribly outrebounded when he was in there. He did not have the quicks to drop off his man and affect another players shot. Johnson could could and did do that. Smaller players did not look to automatically attack the basket when MJ was in there. They would when Doucoure or Cater were in there. Douc's best attribute was that he did not foul as much as his Freshman year and he was a big body that could bang down low, but he did was no where near as effective as MJ was defensively.

Johnson was one of the best defensive centers in a league of very good centers. CO looks like he has as much or more athleticism as Johnson.

Last edited:
Try this on for size...

Myles at the 5, Cliff at the 4. Not for long stretches, just to show it.

Good luck scoring down low on that!
We couldn't handle UM when they had 2 bigs in the game at the same time. We were winning both games until they went big. This would allow us to match up nicely when we face that again. We would not suffer inside when a stretch 4 or 5 pulls one of our bigs outside.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT