ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cliff Omoruyi expanding his game in third season

I expect Cliff to score at 4 levels : Dunking a lot , 6-8 foot low post game; 10-15 mid range game on baseline or at the elbow : and at the three point line. Pike will give him the green light as Cliff plays hard and the NBA wants to see that next level of development. I also think he shoots 70-75% from the line , where he will go a lot as they try and prevent his Dunking.

For those of us that have around a while , this has the potential to be like Jamming James’ junior year , where he clearly was a top 5 player in the country. James was not only an unstoppable offensive player but a tremendous shot blocker especially from the weak side and Cliff has that type of potential as well. His constant running of the court will also add more points to his game as few centers will be able to keep up. I am really hoping the outlet passes are quick and we run on some teams as our athleticism is ideal along with some 3 point shooters. Really excited for Cliff and the whole team.

if they have to hesitate even a millisecond in case it’s a pick n pop, with Cliffs speed on a roll, that’s gonna be almost unstoppable.
yeah..hitting that pick and pop regularly will really open up the lane for him to ake a big step and jam it from just about anywhere.. one dribble only please.. two it gets stolen. biut just the iodea of the guy guarding him moving towards him.. as Cliff puts it on the floor and blows past him to slam it... aww.. that's a beautiful dream. I hope he can it the many FTs coming his way. Could be double-figures from the foul line every night.

Of course, we need our guys to hit threes over a zone to keep defenses from just laying back and doubling/trippling the ball with Cliff.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
yeah..hitting that pick and pop regularly will really open up the lane for him to ake a big step and jam it from just about anywhere.. one dribble only please.. two it gets stolen. biut just the iodea of the guy guarding him moving towards him.. as Cliff puts it on the floor and blows past him to slam it... aww.. that's a beautiful dream. I hope he can it the many FTs coming his way. Could be double-figures from the foul line every night.

Of course, we need our guys to hit threes over a zone to keep defenses from just laying back and doubling/trippling the ball with Cliff.
Cliff only needs 1 dribble to dunk from pretty much anywhere on the court 🤣

Cliff only needs 1 dribble to dunk from pretty much anywhere on the court 🤣
True.. if he takes 2 he is goign slower to the hoop than he should. Always bugged me to see our smaller mobile big men get rejected because they didn't move laterally anough. But the idea is you can cover teh same distance you can with one dribble.. and your continuation.. by going more deliberately and take more than one dribble and go up more vertically.

Cliff has some very rare abilities and attributes and he needs to leverage them all. Get opponents in trouble before they use their advantages on him. Man, I am glad he stayed another year.

ADVERTISEMENT