ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi

cfech

Redshirt
Jul 30, 2019
With this new kid Shema taking a visit and seemingly only one available scholarship with the other commits, does this mean the staff is putting a backup plan in place. I have been following him for a while and it seems if Kentucky wants him he will go there, but if not Rutgers has great shot.

I will say that I'm somewhat surprised we're not even sniffing around on any guards in this class at all. Of course that can change in the spring too.

Reactions: JQRU91
With this new kid Shema taking a visit and seemingly only one available scholarship with the other commits, does this mean the staff is putting a backup plan in place. I have been following him for a while and it seems if Kentucky wants him he will go there, but if not Rutgers has great shot.

Jerry Carino thought that it was us or Arizona State are the two likely options but that we'd have to "do someone a favor" to get a recruit of that magnitude. Arizona State has already hired someone close to him.

Jerry Carino thought that it was us or Arizona State are the two likely options but that we'd have to "do someone a favor" to get a recruit of that magnitude. Arizona State has already hired someone close to him.
Who and in what capacity?

So are we to assume Bobby Hurley is going to hire RC's head coach? or Cliff O's AAU coach?

So are we to assume Bobby Hurley is going to hire RC's head coach? or Cliff O's AAU coach?
Doubtful, but that would not be against any rules if they are hired as an assistant coach.
Arizona State hired Rasheen Davis as an assistant back in late September. Was at UMASS, has a great relationship with Omoruyi and his mentor. Has ties to NYC.

I will be mildly surprised if Omoruyi picks a school that doesn't wear Nike.

I was at a basketball tournament during the holidays, and mention to a friend, if it wasn't for Nike we all be bare footed. Fan, players, and officials all had on nikes. Talking controlling the market.

Doubtful, but that would not be against any rules if they are hired as an assistant coach.

Arizona State hired Rasheen Davis as an assistant back in late September. Was at UMASS, has a great relationship with Omoruyi and his mentor. Has ties to NYC.

ah yes the old sneaker dollars kicking around the AAU contacts to influence or straight up buy a recruit

I never understood that concept. Why choose a school based on the shoe? It's not like he has a contract with the shoe company. Also, after the FBI situation with Adidas, Nike, and others, people will take cover until things cool off.

I never understood that concept. Why choose a school based on the shoe? It's not like he has a contract with the shoe company. Also, after the FBI situation with Adidas, Nike, and others, people will take cover until things cool off.

They ain't taking cover. Nike slips some money to someone who slips some money to someone who gives some to the player.

Basketball recruiting is icky.

It's not so much the player picking a school because of the shoe.... it's all of the adults around him (AAU coaches, etc) who may be in a particular shoe company's orbit, who are encouraged to push their players toward colleges within that same orbit.

It's not so much the player picking a school because of the shoe.... it's all of the adults around him (AAU coaches, etc) who may be in a particular shoe company's orbit, who are encouraged to push their players toward colleges within that same orbit.
When will adults let kids be kids?

What @RUChoppin said

Also, I'm sorry to say this but, if you think people will take cover until things cool off after the FBI situation, you really need to rethink things. Guys that were involved in that stuff just reassessed and changed the way they were doing things.

Look at the recruiting classes Arizona and Auburn are getting for 2020. All of that happened despite a FBI cloud hanging over those schools.

I was hoping the FBI investigation would clean things up but...

When will adults let kids be kids?
God I love recruiting!!!

*When a parent or guardian appears to be high on a fan's favorite school*

Fan: Listen to your mom/dad/guardian Joey Recruit. They have your best interest at heart.

*When a parent or guardian appears not to be high on a fan's favorite school*

Fan: When will adults let kids be kids?

God I love recruiting!!!

Fan: Listen to your mom/dad/guardian Joey Recruit. They have your best interest at heart.

I'll be the first to admit recruiting is dirty. I went to Colorado because of dirty recruiting. I saw it as a coach too, but you would think people would take a short break after a few colleagues got busted. I'm no longer in the game so I'm out of touch... I guess.

What @RUChoppin said

Also, I'm sorry to say this but, if you think people will take cover until things cool off after the FBI situation, you really need to rethink things. Guys that were involved in that stuff just reassessed and changed the way they were doing things.

Look at the recruiting classes Arizona and Auburn are getting for 2020. All of that happened despite a FBI cloud hanging over those schools.

I was hoping the FBI investigation would clean things up but...
So basketball recruiting has come down to Nike kids/schools vs Adidas kids/schools? Damn and here I thought the James Cann 1975 movie Rollerball was just a cool sci-fi fantasy. They should take it farther and create their own fake Universities.

Yeah but he really had me at that interest in majoring in engineering at a good school

God I love recruiting!!!

This isn't about what the fans want. It is about what is in the best interest of the student-athlete. Parents/guardians/mentors should be focused on what is best for the student-athlete. They shouldn't be using the kids for their own ambitions or what is best for shoe companies. It is unconscionable if the corruption is causing parents to shirk their responsibility.

The FBI needs to make more arrests.

So basketball recruiting has come down to Nike kids/schools vs Adidas kids/schools? Damn and here I thought the James Cann 1975 movie Rollerball was just a cool sci-fi fantasy. They should take it farther and create their own fake Universities.
Don't forget the street agents or Under Armour haha. Rollerball huh, well we don't yet have a world central supercomputer, known as "Zero".

Or do we?
This isn't about what the fans want. It is about what is in the best interest of the student-athlete. Parents/guardians/mentors should be focused on what is best for the student-athlete. They shouldn't be using the kids for their own ambitions or what is best for shoe companies. It is unconscionable if the corruption is causing parents to shirk their responsibility.

The FBI needs to make more arrests.
Oh but it is. The fans want good players, and generally think their favorite school is a good fit, so if the parents/guardians/mentors favor the fans' favorite school the fans are happy. If they don't it turns into "let the kid make his own decision." I see it on every message board, even the boards for blue blood schools.

I get doing favors for top 10 kids ie: evan mobley, cade cunningham but omoruyi really? I mean he is good but not near the level of those guys, not even naz reid.

xkiesterx said:

[/quote]
Jared Guarranto’s father.

Mp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT