ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi

One of his biggest contribuions in Year 1 may just be to make Myles Johnson better by challenging him in practice, especially on the defensive end.

Myles will need to develop and enhance his offensive skills and rebounding to beat Omoruyi in practice. IMO, one of Myles' biggest issues is his lack of agression at times. He will need to bring it all day, every day against Omoruyi.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the High - Low action, between Myles & Cliff for easy buckets

In think in year one Myles is going to be the one taking Cliff to school.
hope so.. but Choppin's point is a good one. Wouldn't it be great if the competition down low in practice is harder than many game nights.

One of his biggest contribuions in Year 1 may just be to make Myles Johnson better by challenging him in practice, especially on the defensive end.

Myles will need to develop and enhance his offensive skills and rebounding to beat Omoruyi in practice. IMO, one of Myles' biggest issues is his lack of agression at times. He will need to bring it all day, every day against Omoruyi.

Agree. As they say, steel sharpens steel. Having a strong competition each day in practice will only make both players better.

Reactions: Scarlet83
This is one very cool thing I'm hoping to hear a lot about during tv broadcasts. It really shows the players and the school in a good light while shouting out the engineering program.
I may have some stories to tell, like I did during Cliff's recruiting, since I know the RU eng'g school academic support folks pretty well.

This is one very cool thing I'm hoping to hear a lot about during tv broadcasts. It really shows the players and the school in a good light while shouting out the engineering program.
If they are successful.. expect the word versions of "engineer" to make it into a lot of headlines...

"A defense engineered to block shots"

"Engineering Victory"

Reactions: KevH
I may have some stories to tell, like I did during Cliff's recruiting, since I know the RU eng'g school academic support folks pretty well.

Can't wait!

Please let us have some semblance of a season. I won't hold my breath but will stay hopeful.

Reactions: shields

To be fair, Chop, Myles was the victim of some atrociously bad calls, which may have made him a little gun shy. Life in the B1G, where Garza can mug people and Myles gets phantom foul calls.

Reactions: KevH and RUChoppin
Myles seemed to get half his fouls on bad screen attempts. He just needs to stand still and let the guy cut around him, not try to step into the path of the chasing defender.

Reactions: shields
Myles seemed to get half his fouls on bad screen attempts. He just needs to stand still and let the guy cut around him, not try to step into the path of the chasing defender.
agreed he picks up at least half his fouls 20 feet out from the basket yet other teams rarely get called for moving picks against us; just rewatch the Iowa games and see how many illegal screens they set and nothing is called

Reactions: soundcrib
agreed he picks up at least half his fouls 20 feet out from the basket yet other teams rarely get called for moving picks against us; just rewatch the Iowa games and see how many illegal screens they set and nothing is called

Iowa makes illegal screens ...really? Nah, can’t be

Lol...They abuse that rule more Than most

Reactions: rume and RC85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT