Votes: 212 78.8%
  • Auburn

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Arizona State

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • Another college

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
I've decided not to vote since after over 50 years of being a fan, I have learned to just not expect really good things to happen.
Therefore, I am not going to jinx the process.

Russ, have you seen him play? My nephew is in meltdown. I know they are only preseason polls, but the Gators are hardly in any Top 25 polls. Is the recruiting going well ? It was a strange season. At times it looked like the wheels were coming off. They can’t keep getting blown out by the Seminoles.

Interesting that all crystal balls on TOS still A$U... we shall see soon enough but would be nice to see some come in for RU

Never sell Bruce or Bobby short in the sometimes unsavory conduct of basketball recruiting.

I hope Batts is right but I've rooted for RU too long not to expect another disappointment.

Reactions: KNELLS
Russ, have you seen him play? My nephew is in meltdown. I know they are only preseason polls, but the Gators are hardly in any Top 25 polls. Is the recruiting going well ? It was a strange season. At times it looked like the wheels were coming off. They can’t keep getting blown out by the Seminoles.
So many questions lol.

I have seen Omoruyi play a few times in person and I have watched a few games online.

UF should not be in any preseason polls imo. UF had difficulty integrating so many new players this season but the good news is that freshmen become sophomores and usually get better. I don't know if Nembhard will come back for his junior season or not, that would be a big blow.

I don't consider a 12-point loss a blowout but okay lol. FSU was a good and experienced team with a potential top-10 draft pick. Also, Mike White has never beaten Leonard Hamilton. Decent chance he won't beat him next season in Tallahassee either.

Through it all, they still won 19 games overall and finished in 2nd place in the SEC East.

The lady in their athletic department who puts together the Gators' non-conference schedule didn't do them any favors.

This one is a real...
_CXkgvofQKZBalXaCXoWpswdMdSipC9ak1iUJ3ICYuwVfVzTHFO1mAYmYp5wbJY_ntnrdNtuHvYhQCNfiCRa7_WrvNBEuQPYSNVg-kRXFacT9pc0LL1HLsZgUYyCHWA

I knew all along RU would be in it 'til the end. Feeling confident.

So many questions lol.

I have seen Omoruyi play a few times in person and I have watched a few games online.

UF should not be in any preseason polls imo. UF had difficulty integrating so many new players this season but the good news is that freshmen become sophomores and usually get better. I don't know if Nembhard will come back for his junior season or not, that would be a big blow.

I don't consider a 12-point loss a blowout but okay lol. FSU was a good and experienced team with a potential top-10 draft pick. Also, Mike White has never beaten Leonard Hamilton. Decent chance he won't beat him next season in Tallahassee either.

Through it all, they still won 19 games overall and finished in 2nd place in the SEC East.

The lady in their athletic department who puts together the Gators' non-conference schedule didn't do them any favors.
Russ, yes 12 points not horrible. I was referring more to the real bad loss the previous season plus losing again this year. Believe me, I would be happy to win at least 19 games a year the last three decades. Do you think Hamilton is a better recruiter, a better game coach or both? Are Florida States facilities better than UF?

Kyk ,
Last week you said you were very confident I believe . Still feeling that way ?
Havent gotten any new intel, granted I havent asked either. Things couldve changed but my guy was pretty confident that RU was in the lead, Auburn 2nd and ASU distant 3rd. This is basketball recruiting tho so nothing would shock me.

also, reading the tea leaves, pike hasnt even contacted top grad transfers like the big man from quinipiac who went to HS at paramus catholic. So thats gotta mean something, no? This part is just pure speculation on my behalf

Reactions: shields
I would have ruled out going to ASU specifically because I can't stand that type of girl.

Having said that, these are stereotypes, and I'm sure the average ASU girl is not the stereotype. But the point is that people's assumptions about what kind of woman a particular guy wants are just a bunch of nonsense mumbojumbo.

Reactions: KevH
Never sell Bruce or Bobby short in the sometimes unsavory conduct of basketball recruiting.

I hope Batts is right but I've rooted for RU too long not to expect another disappointment.
Be careful saying that here. There is a specific group on this board that may criticize you for your personal feelings. We all want this player but the past and who is recruiting him usually comes back to bite us in the ass. All said I also hope for Cliff’s commitment .

I would have ruled out going to ASU specifically because I can't stand that type of girl.

Having said that, these are stereotypes, and I'm sure the average ASU girl is not the stereotype. But the point is that people's assumptions about what kind of woman a particular guy wants are just a bunch of nonsense mumbojumbo.

Some of the posters in this thread make me cringe with their lack of self-awareness. The mindset regarding someone they don't know and their "preferences" is very telling and feeds into the worst stereotypes.

Reactions: Eagleton96
I sure hope you’re right. He’d be a huge get for us in a multitude of ways.

Why so confident?

batts is a SHU fan. He's just trying to jinx us and/or trolling us (and my apologies if batts actually has some type of real intel here).

batts is a SHU fan. He's just trying to jinx us and/or trolling us (and my apologies if batts actually has some type of real intel here).

I know he’s a SHU fan. They often have better recruiting info there than we do here.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
What ever happened to Th3hype? He had some good inside knowledge. Hasn’t posted in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT