ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pikiell went to watch Braeden Moore

@Russ Wood how is a guy with 32 offers and a whose who of P6 offers only a 3 star recruit in the rivals database.

can you reasses this?
Had a so so AAU season and was downgraded by several services. I did not personally see him but if you are a shooter and you go cold for a while it’s going to happen. You may hang your head or not get back on defense as it becomes a head trip. Finally, you go into a game and hit two OMGs and your back. Let’s hope he’s back when he get here.

@Russ Wood how is a guy with 32 offers and a whose who of P6 offers only a 3 star recruit in the rivals database.

can you reasses this?
I haven't been part of the Rivals player rankings process since the May 2021 update so I won't be reassessing his ranking. Having said that:

A) Many of Moore's offers came in 2020 when coaches couldn't go see guys play in person. I think quite a few programs slow played Moore and/or backed off, because they liked other guys more, once they were able to see guys in June and July. If enough schools do that, it can almost be like a domino effect.
B) Speaking only for myself, I question whether he can play SF at the HM level. I think Moore is an average athlete, not very quick but he can shoot it well. I like him more as a space-4 if he can add strength/weight.

I haven't been part of the Rivals player rankings process since the May 2021 update so I won't be reassessing his ranking. Having said that:

A) Many of Moore's offers came in 2020 when coaches couldn't go see guys play in person. I think quite a few programs slow played Moore and/or backed off, because they liked other guys more, once they were able to see guys in June and July. If enough schools do that, it can almost be like a domino effect.
B) Speaking only for myself, I question whether he can play SF at the HM level. I think Moore is an average athlete, not very quick but he can shoot it well. I like him more as a space-4 if he can add strength/weight.
And there in lies the rub because Moore has been pretty adamant that he is not a stretch four that he is a guard (or wing) and that begs the question how he will fit or how willingly and able would he be to transition.

I was a bit surprised we took his commitment when we did timeline wise.

And there in lies the rub because Moore has been pretty adamant that he is not a stretch four that he is a guard (or wing) and that begs the question how he will fit or how willingly and able would he be to transition.

I was a bit surprised we took his commitment when we did timeline wise.
Well, good luck to him.

At the end of the day there are really just two positions on a basketball team: 1. On the court; 2. On the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT