ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Steve Hayn Signed

We are paying our assistant less than what we established Young would earn last year when his old contract was signed.

Pike must’ve had a lot of leverage in this particular negotiation. I don’t know about the interviewees from the outside. It’s impossible to know for certain without inside into. But interesting to note nonetheless.

We are paying our assistant less than what we established Young would earn last year when his old contract was signed.

Pike must’ve had a lot of leverage in this particular negotiation. I don’t know about the interviewees from the outside. It’s impossible to know for certain without inside into. But interesting to note nonetheless.

You keep looking for things that just aren't there...enjoy the ride and summer....maybe watch the US Open Golf or enjoy a beverage....

Hayn is picking up a significant bump in comp and I've mentioned for months that Jay Young was compensated in line with what a 3rd assistant coach usually earns minus any bonuses etc.... This range is what a 3rd assistant usually picks up in most programs in 2019-2020.

You keep looking for things that just aren't there...enjoy the ride and summer....maybe watch the US Open Golf or enjoy a beverage....

Hayn is picking up a significant bump in comp and I've mentioned for months that Jay Young was compensated in line with what a 3rd assistant coach usually earns minus any bonuses etc.... This range is what a 3rd assistant usually picks up in most programs in 2019-2020.

Holy hell im not looking for anything you need to calm yourself and stop trying to call me out for things I’m not saying.

Holy hell im not looking for anything you need to calm yourself and stop trying to call me out for things I’m not saying.

Of course you are. You closed your post “interesting to note nonetheless”. What is interesting to note? That Hayn is being paid a comparable salary to Young? Or that Hayn’s salary is in line with most 3rd assistants in the B1G? Why is that interesting to note?

Last edited:
The options were probably grabbing a MM assistant (like what Seton Hall did when Halloway left last year) or promote from within.

Of course you are. You closed your post “interesting to note nonetheless”. What is interesting to note? That Hayn is being paid a comparable salary to Young? Or that Hayn’s salary is in line with most 3rd assistants in the B1G? Why is that interesting to note?

Of published big ten assistant salaries Jay Young was second to last. It appears that Hayne will be least paid Coach when it comes to published salaries.

Of course we pay Knight and Hobbs very competitively tied 6th on that same list at $300K in 2018 (key to note this does not include performance bonuses for any coaches which drops us considerably in last seasons figures).

If nothing else it shows that @NewJerseyHawk was wayyyyyy off when stating Rutgers would come out wayyy ahead with the Young’s replacement and that money would not be an issue. I’m not naive enough to have thought that nor do I believe it will hurt our performance in 2019.

I think from a very objectionable view this is “interesting to note”.

Please stop trying to assign something to my posts that’s not there. There is nothing in between the lines here other than what some of YOU are making up.

Reactions: kcg88
From August 2016---"According to updated contracts obtained by MLive via the Freedom of Information Act, Fife and Garland will both earn $266,500 in base salaries next season, while Stephens, Izzo's associate head coach, will earn $287,000."

Michigan's third assistant, Saddi Washington, was just published at $303,000. Michigan.

So our first year third assistant is being paid within shouting distance of what all three assistant coaches at one of the best programs in the country and the best team in our league were paid three years ago, and less that 80k less than the third assistant gets at the richest program in our league.

Pikiell got the guy he wanted after a thorough search. Full stop. You make posts that are wrong all the time.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2016/08/michigan_state_basketball_assi.html

Last edited:
I never stated anything about way ahead....but nice try....what i did state that there's not an issue on salary and your numbers are off for Hobbs and Knight. Young was comped as a 3rd assistant and Hayn is being comped at the same range. There would be no reason to pay Hayn more than Young as a 3rd assistant, when he doesn't possess the track record that Young did with Pike.

You will have more than ample time and places to create your next item with Pike. Just stop being so thirsty about it....when RU doesn't win 22 games or the B1G is significantly weaker this coming season, you're going to have plenty of time all year long....

Live look-in at our friend @RUsojo trying to find new and creative ways to take shots at Pike and RU hoops while maintaining a straight face explaining away his defense of Chris Ash....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT