ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina

Knight177lb

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2014
Anyone watch Coastal Carolina against Campbell tonight? They have their turf the exact same color as their jerseys. Pretty cool. They also have a cool nickname, the Chanticleers which actually was Rutgers' nickname for a time.

Reactions: scripts
They call it the Surf Turf I believe!
School invested a lot of money in athletics. I was down on that campus back in the 90’s a bunch of time while on vacation and all. Drove by it a few years back and was amazed by the growth. Even the Costco there in Myrtle Beach sells their apparel.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Don’t sleep on Coastal, they beat Kansas two years in a row (something we couldn’t do) and this year by 2 touchdowns

Reactions: FAMEO.G
Colored football fields are just "bad wrong" as Dan Reeves used to say

FBypRj1.jpg

I was on their campus some years ago for a meeting. It looked like a community college.

I can’t watch their games because of the field. Same goes for Boise and the 1AA with red turf.

My younger son is named after a guy I worked with who was killed on 9/11, Timmy McSweeney from Ladder 3...

mcsweeney_timothy.jpg

His son, Patrick (who is the same age and name as my older boy are still friends) grew up big like his dad and now plays TE for Coastal Carolina...

Patrick_McSweeney_vs_Norfolk_State_3_McCool.jpg

i

Safe to say it's not too hard to figure out who my second favorite team in College Football is these days. Go Chanticleers!

Does Campbell still have only four games this year? Coastal campus is booming. Much harder to get into Clemson now and I would think USC-Columbia must be close to max unless they bought more land than when I lived there. Plus population of South Carolina keeps growing with more from the North moving there.

Wow - I totally missed the boat on this - Coastal Carolina is FBS NOW ?? Wow, I had no idea they joined the Sun Belt. So how many Sun Belt teams beat Big XII teams last week LOL ??!

Coastal over Kansas
Ark St over Kansas State
UL Lafayette over Iowa State

Yikes

Yeah... He wouldve done a hell of a lot better than Ash. At least he have a clue on how to be a head coach

A cardboard cutout of Frank Burns would have been better

Let's not forget Moglia was also close to 70 and apparently not in the best of health.

Doesn't sound like a program builder in waiting.

I totally forgot they won College World Series in baseball a couple years ago. That was awesome. Why would anyone hate on a small school that actually realizes the path to growth can be thru athletics?

I was on that campus early 1990s. I was there 2 years ago. Stark difference

Reactions: tico brown
I totally forgot they won College World Series in baseball a couple years ago. That was awesome. Why would anyone hate on a small school that actually realizes the path to growth can be thru athletics?

I was on that campus early 1990s. I was there 2 years ago. Stark difference
No hate. I think most just don’t like the color of the field.

My bad. I am old school too

I’m biased though because I spent half my summers as a kid in Myrtle. My mom wouldn’t let me go to college there back in the day. Good job mom. If they have to gimmick the field a bit to get kids there I can deal with. Not as bad as Boise St.

My bad. I am old school too

I’m biased though because I spent half my summers as a kid in Myrtle. My mom wouldn’t let me go to college there back in the day. Good job mom. If they have to gimmick the field a bit to get kids there I can deal with. Not as bad as Boise St.
But I think they are beyond the gimmick thing now since they are FBS and in a real conference.

Better than blue or red though. LOL

How about polka dot uniforms? That'll confuse the hell out of em'. We play on a green field should we ban Michigan St. from wearing green?
😊😀High School basketball team in Tennessee agreed with you long time ago
In 1960, Brimm designed Madison’s orange, black and white basketball uniforms with 168 polka dots on each one, including the socks. His intent was to confuse the Rams’ opponents.
635880372000118606-BRIM-UNIS.jpg

Reactions: koleszar
Colored football fields are just "bad wrong" as Dan Reeves used to say

FBypRj1.jpg

Just looking through pictures of that hurt my eyes. I can't imagine watching a game from the stands.

😊😀High School basketball team in Tennessee agreed with you long time ago
In 1960, Brimm designed Madison’s orange, black and white basketball uniforms with 168 polka dots on each one, including the socks. His intent was to confuse the Rams’ opponents.
635880372000118606-BRIM-UNIS.jpg
I really think we're onto something here. Red, White and Black polka dots on the field and uniforms. We'll confuse the hell out of them and cure our slow start woes. Before their eyes adjust Rutgers will be two to three touchdowns ahead. [roll]

Reactions: MADHAT1
Coastal Carolina up to the AP Poll’s #25 and USA Today Coaches Poll’s #24. How do they land two NT’s on their roster with size 6”4’/335 and 6’4”/330?

Joe Moglia, the CEO of Coastal Carolina football, is one impressive guy.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
Coastal Carolina up to the AP Poll’s #25 and USA Today Coaches Poll’s #24. How do they land two NT’s on their roster with size 6”4’/335 and 6’4”/330?

Joe Moglia, the CEO of Coastal Carolina football, is one impressive guy.

They built a brand and that what works for recruiting. Some people laugh at their surf turf, but you know it's them when they're playing.

ADVERTISEMENT