ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Snyder on Podcast -Talks College and Rutgers Experience

Not very flattering for GS. Hey stupid is as stupid does.
Or McNulty (the QB coach).

I did not get the impression CS was trying to slag any of the coaches or spilling any dirt. He answered the questions honestly.

Here's the story on Greg.

Details reasons for transferring- thought he had a mature, reasoned answer. Not whiny. Said he never said he was going to transfer to other players. He made his decision, and told one other player right before it was announced.

Think he is talking about McNulty here (his 1st QB coach)-- @NickRU714 :
Also, probably McNulty must have been on Langan, as this was the 2019 season?

Reactions: redking
Sounds like Gary is starting to lose it, not surprised. All his bizarre antics and random bouts of misplaced anger show a guy detached from reality.

Why TF is Greg calling players out for motivating the team? How is that against “the culture”.

Haha haven't had a chance to listen yet.

I'm intrigued. Based on comments so far, sounds like people are trying to disparage the greatest OC in RU history?
Unacceptable.
It's like a 2 minute max snippet of how McNulty was berating the QB for performing poorly and yelling about how their jobs and families depend on the players performing well. It's no secret that I am a Cole Snyder fan, but I think he showed a lot of maturity in how he handled the question and comment on the situation. He said something like not understanding how worrying about what the coach was ranting about was going to help the on field performance.

"Wrote down on his notepad"?

WTF... Is Gary like friggin' Rainman or something? "October 24th, Cole was mean to me... He wouldn't let me watch Wapner..."

Look, it's no secret I'm not a huge GS fan. But I really do think, at this point, he's bit off more than he can chew.

"Wrote down on his notepad"?

WTF... Is Gary like friggin' Rainman or something? "October 24th, Cole was mean to me... He wouldn't let me watch Wapner..."

Look, it's no secret I'm not a huge GS fan. But I really do think, at this point, he's bit off more than he can chew.
Gary probably learned it from the Kim Jong Un School of Authoritarianism. Big notepad guys, those two.

Reactions: RU4Real
Seems like a good kid but probably is not doing himself any favors with some of what he said here. You’re not doing him or RU any favors by posting it either.

Overall he was pretty positive about RU but the usual suspects will turn it against our coach as always.

The fact is, if he stayed he had a good chance of playing this year but I can’t blame him for leaving if he didn’t feel he was getting a fair shot. Happens everywhere all of the time but much more so today.

Seems like a good kid but probably is not doing himself any favors with some of what he said here. You’re not doing him or RU any favors by posting it either.

Overall he was pretty positive about RU but the usual suspects will turn it against our coach as always.

The fact is, if he stayed he had a good chance of playing this year but I can’t blame him for leaving if he didn’t feel he was getting a fair shot. Happens everywhere all of the time but much more so today.
He said nothing wrong, and he will be fine in life. Some people don't cower in fear about speaking the truth. YHe answered questions honestly, and he did not come across as bitter or out to say anything controversial. I don't owe anybody any favors, and in fact, RU and RU football owes me a lot of favors so it is all good for me. If they want to kick me on the curb for being honest, that is their loss, not mine. Besides, this was posted on the Round Table, and wonder if anyone got their undies in a wad over it on that board.

Some of us don't slurp all of the kool aid dispensed out of the Hale Center. We call it as a we see it. When good, we say good. When bad, we say bad.

Agree on last part, but he did well leaving. Gavin was annointed, and put ahead in the pecking order. I don't begrudge the coaches for that decision, but it is a bit odd that happened without the new kid doing something to earn his stripes. Instead of whining about it, Cole was a good teammate, did what was best for him, and found a place where he had a fair shot. Nothing wrong with that.

I've kept up with college football news (on the national level), over the last few months, specifically news of hirings. It's not like the schools that are doing all the hiring are USC, Texas, and ND. Some of these are state schools with mediocre programs and so-so budgets. Yet, many of them are able to making staffing hires that are much more impressive than anything we've seen around here over the last 3 years. This lends credence to those folks making the "No one would want to work for Schiano"-argument. But, forget all of that for the minute.

If he's some sort of mad scientist, and his methods are unusual (but do get results), then great. I see no problem with that. There's always going to be some story leaked somewhere - as is the case here with Cole Snyder. College football seems to be littered with coaches doing highly questionable or dangerous things to/with their players. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself, where are the results? In the absence of wins, the coach - his personality, his tactics, his hirings/firings - all start getting scrutinized and he starts losing support. I hope we haven't already passed that tipping point but, unfortunately, I think we have.

I hope I'm wrong and, somehow, he turns things around this year and brings in the wins. Maybe, this isn't a "3-year / 5-year / 8-year Rebuild"-thing. Maybe this just a slow build. But, I'm sure we would've seen a bit more evidence of that by now.

"You win twenty in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes and the press will think you're 'colorful'. Until you win twenty in the show, however, it means you're a slob."

Can't speak to GS but this lines up with what I've heard about McNulty. If you can't explain.... just scream it .... louder? It's a philosophy I guess.
Not an effective one. There's a difference between screaming and talking loudly to reinforce a point. But to take your frustrations out on the players when you are tasked with putting the players in a position to win by screaming at them will rarely yield good results.

As to the Greg story, not similar reaction. What exactly did that episode teach the players?

ADVERTISEMENT