ADVERTISEMENT

College basketball rankings: Preseason Power 36

I think we were like # 273 when Steve was hired. He has been a true BLESSING yet still some kept criticizing him. They don't know how lucky we are that he is our coach. He had a plan and has stuck to it. He has done what so many other coaches have failed to do. We are well respected by most now and in the conversation of good college basketball teams again.

It's absolutely a great sign we've come this far with some under recruited players. It just shows how good the coaching staff is at evaluating and developing talent. Bodes well for the future especially considering recruiting will only get easier with on court success.

Honestly right now, which other B1G coaches would you rather have ? Perhaps Izzo or Painter? Anyone else?

It's absolutely a great sign we've come this far with some under recruited players. It just shows how good the coaching staff is at evaluating and developing talent. Bodes well for the future especially considering recruiting will only get easier with on court success.

Honestly right now, which other B1G coaches would you rather have ? Perhaps Izzo or Painter? Anyone else?
Izzo clearly #1. Painter and Underwood are both very good coaches too.

Neither!

No doubt either could come in here and do well NOW that Pike has things turned around but to do what Pike did? I'm not so sure either could do it.

Regardless, I wouldn't trade our Coach for ANYONE!

There are definitely some better coaches than Pike in the B1G. Izzo for sure and probably Painter, Miller (although his last couple of years have been suspect) and Underwood in my book. Probably Howard too especially since he out- coached Pike twice last year and considering his recruiting ties.
However, he seems to be the perfect fit for us. He turned this shit show around and has a knack for Identifying and developing under-the-radar-kids.
If you had asked my to rank the B1G coaches a couple of years ago, he would have been dead last and now he’s solidly in the top half.

1. The question wasn’t better coaches. Who would you rather have

2. Succeeding at Purdue is different than building Rutgers from scratch

I like that our coach doesn’t berate kids and doesnt get cheerleaders pregnant.

Reactions: rubaseball78
If you had asked my to rank the B1G coaches a couple of years ago, he would have been dead last and now he’s solidly in the top half.

You can’t be serious. Even though we didn’t win a lot of conference games in Pike’s first 2 seasons, every single Rutgers fan saw the grit and tenacity that are emblematic of his teams. It was more than obvious that he was better than the bottom third of B1G coaches from the beginning (Pitino/Chambers tier).

It is true, Steve showed how much RU had improved only months after he was hired. He inherited a team that was 7-25 the previous season and only had 4 or 5 players return yet he improved the team record to 15-18 in his very first season. Many of us saw the improvement and immediately had full confidence that Steve was the right coach for Rutgers. I am so happy and proud that we have such an outstanding representative as our Head Men's Basketball Coach.

See, we didn't have to spend a lot of money, and we didn't have to get a big name. Pitino and Chambers are weak. Miller is way, way overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT