ADVERTISEMENT

College football starts tonight

I'll try to stay up ! I'll be listening to Massillon , Ohio vs Mentor via the internet radio broadcast.

Next weekend, with RU and the rest of the great games will be awesome !

I need to get an iced coffee to help me stay awake, but I'm happy college football is here again. There is also an FCS game tomorrow afternoon. I believe it is ND State vs Charleston Southern, who both were in the FCS playoffs last year.

Be great if they wore the retro unis

hawaii-retro-football-uniforms.jpg

COkHJ3iU8AAlpfn.jpg

Reactions: Finster Baby
In 1974 RU played at Hawaii and a huge on field brawl broke out that later evolved into Hawaii fans fighting with RU fans.

Reactions: FastMJ
Did anyone see the opening segment, before kickoff, of students outside the stadium? There was a group cheering, each from different schools. The girl in the middle of the shot had an RU shirt on!

Watching that now - one of the announcers sounds like he should be announcing Australian Rules football.

Enjoyed watching the game to open the season. Cal's offense looked explosive as usual. Davis looked good although different from watching Goff last year. Thinking back, Goff's release was much quicker and that really benefits an up-tempo spread relying on timing.

Cal's running backs all return and they're good each bringing a different skill set. However, all new wide receivers and they use a lot of them. Good to see true freshmen contributing such as Robertson and Stovall. Hansen is primed for a big season as he returns although not a primary target last year.

It's Cal's defense that will cause major angst this year. I don't recognize many names, but then again I only watched Cal a few times last year. Nickerson who led the team in tackles IIRC left to join his father at Illinois. The season is young.

ADVERTISEMENT