ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Win Total Wagers (Rutgers and Opponents)

Wolv RU

All American
Nov 7, 2003
Win total numbers are out for Rutgers and its opponents. One really interesting set of numbers that I've seen for the first time this year are conference only win totals for every FBS team.
Full season numbers are from William Hill (posted here: https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/31653351/win-totals-2021-college-football-season)
Conference only win totals are from South Point (posted here: )

Rutgers (Full season win total = 4; Conference only win total = 2)

Out of Conference Opponents
Temple (Full season win total = 3; Conference only win total = 1.5)
at Syracuse (Full season win total = 3; Conference only win total = 1.5)

Big Ten Opponents
at Michigan (Full season win total = 7.5; Conference only win total = 5)
Ohio State (Full season win total = 11; Conference only win total = 8)
Michigan State (Full season win total = 4.5; Conference only win total = 2)
at Northwestern (Full season win total = 6.5; Conference only win total = 4)
at Illinois (Full season win total = 5; Conference only win total = 2.5)
Wisconsin (Full season win total = 9.5; Conference only win total = 7.5)
at Indiana (Full season win total = 7.5; Conference only win total = 5)
at Penn State (Full season win total = 9; Conference only win total = 6)
Maryland (Full season win total = 6; Conference only win total = 2.5)

I'd take the over on Rutgers to win 4.0 games heavy. It seems that many bad case scenarios would have Rutgers winning 4 games, and much more often Rutgers should win 5 or 6 than 3. I think 2 is the right number for conference only wins.

These odds give an idea that most objectively expect Temple and Syracuse to be poor teams. Rutgers starting 3-0 should be achievable and would make for a fun September.

Does anybody know where I can go to bet the Rutgers o/u? Was thinking of taking a drive to Pennsylvania or Delaware if it’s available.

Over 4 seems like a great bet to make. I don’t see 3 wins or below as a real possibility.

In the age of extra years of eligibility and the transfer portal I don't think I'd go heavy on any full season prediction. That being said, I think it's very likely that RU will win either 3 Big 10 games or all 3 OOC, so 4 for the season looks like it will be beat.

We should drop the Scarlet Knight as our mascot and replace him with Rodney Dangerfield.

tenor.gif

Never recommend betting on Rutgers as a fan.. or any team you are a fan of.

- if you bet against them... will you root for failure for financial interests?
- if you be with them... and they win your bet... sure you'll be happy.. but as a fan you'd be happy with a win without a financial interest
- if you bet with them... and they fail... you will be both disappointed with the loss and angry with them for losing you money

Not worth it, inmho.

Win total numbers are out for Rutgers and its opponents. One really interesting set of numbers that I've seen for the first time this year are conference only win totals for every FBS team.
Full season numbers are from William Hill (posted here: https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/31653351/win-totals-2021-college-football-season)
Conference only win totals are from South Point (posted here: )

Rutgers (Full season win total = 4; Conference only win total = 2)

Out of Conference Opponents
Temple (Full season win total = 3; Conference only win total = 1.5)
at Syracuse (Full season win total = 3; Conference only win total = 1.5)

Big Ten Opponents
at Michigan (Full season win total = 7.5; Conference only win total = 5)
Ohio State (Full season win total = 11; Conference only win total = 8)
Michigan State (Full season win total = 4.5; Conference only win total = 2)
at Northwestern (Full season win total = 6.5; Conference only win total = 4)
at Illinois (Full season win total = 5; Conference only win total = 2.5)
Wisconsin (Full season win total = 9.5; Conference only win total = 7.5)
at Indiana (Full season win total = 7.5; Conference only win total = 5)
at Penn State (Full season win total = 9; Conference only win total = 6)
Maryland (Full season win total = 6; Conference only win total = 2.5)

I'd take the over on Rutgers to win 4.0 games heavy. It seems that many bad case scenarios would have Rutgers winning 4 games, and much more often Rutgers should win 5 or 6 than 3. I think 2 is the right number for conference only wins.

These odds give an idea that most objectively expect Temple and Syracuse to be poor teams. Rutgers starting 3-0 should be achievable and would make for a fun September.

The Rutgers line for its opener v. Temple is now out. Rutgers is favored by 13.5 as posted at William Hill.

The Rutgers line for its opener v. Temple is now out. Rutgers is favored by 13.5 as posted at William Hill.

With all the transfers and extra eligibility, for all teams not just RU, I'm wondering just how one judges the line the first week or two of the season.

Never recommend betting on Rutgers as a fan.. or any team you are a fan of.

- if you bet against them... will you root for failure for financial interests?
- if you be with them... and they win your bet... sure you'll be happy.. but as a fan you'd be happy with a win without a financial interest
- if you bet with them... and they fail... you will be both disappointed with the loss and angry with them for losing you money

Not worth it, inmho.

Can someone send me the link for 4 o/u wins. My guy is busting my balls now saying hes only seeing 4.5-5

Given last season's CFB-wide weirdness with the pandemic, I am basically tossing the results as not reliably representative of the state of things for all teams across the country. Also seems like there have been tons of transfers in and out of lots of football programs around the nation. Which, for me, makes predicting how RUFB does this season harder than usual.

I don't gamble on sports. If making predictions on RU's season win total using my heart, I'd predict 7 wins.

But if betting, and therefore predicting with my head, not my heart, I'd agree with the win total projection for us in the linked article. I also predict 4 wins as most likely outcome. More wins are obviously achievable, especially if we don't suffer any serious injuries to any of our key starting players.

As always, I hope we exceed my expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT