ADVERTISEMENT

Collin McCarthy

UConn commit. Possible flip from what I hear. Keep an eye on him.
Did UConn have anyone already there playing for them that we would want? I read somewhere that as of today they have 16 players in the portal.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Did UConn have anyone already there playing for them that we would want? I read somewhere that as of today they have 16 players in the portal.
19 I believe from a Thamel tweet earlier today.

Last edited:
19 I believe from a Thamel tweet earlier today.
https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...-the-transfer-portal-at-an-unbelievable-rate/
18, 19, who's counting (except Thamel). Thank goodness we have this guy now!
schianoface_medium.gif

As an independent, UConn football essentially has nothing to play for, so it is not surprising to see so many players wanting to bail. No conference championship and probably very few significant home games to excite the fan base, or what remains of it. The future most likely holds lots of drubbings on the road in "paycheck" games, just like Temple endured during its brief status as a football independent.

Unlike most here, I feel for UConn and their fans. This could have been us, had it not been for Tim Pernetti, whom most here loved but now revile simply because he did what was recommended to him by the university's attorneys. But I doubt that RU would have pulled out of the AAC to return to the non-football BE. I sincerely doubt that doing so will return UConn bball to the glory days of the past. There is less pizzazz in playing Xavier, Butler, and Creighton than there was in playing Syracuse, BC, Pitt, WVU, and Louisville.

As an independent, UConn football essentially has nothing to play for, so it is not surprising to see so many players wanting to bail. No conference championship and probably very few significant home games to excite the fan base, or what remains of it. The future most likely holds lots of drubbings on the road in "paycheck" games, just like Temple endured during its brief status as a football independent.

Unlike most here, I feel for UConn and their fans. This could have been us, had it not been for Tim Pernetti, whom most here loved but now revile simply because he did what was recommended to him by the university's attorneys. But I doubt that RU would have pulled out of the AAC to return to the non-football BE. I sincerely doubt that doing so will return UConn bball to the glory days of the past. There is less pizzazz in playing Xavier, Butler, and Creighton than there was in playing Syracuse, BC, Pitt, WVU, and Louisville.
I think you’re the only one.

I’ve been on several RU road trips and UConn fans were more obnoxious than even philly fans and that’s saying something.

If you want to let it go head over to the Boneyard forum and read the multi page thread on how Rutgers sucks Schiano (Shady) will fail or leave in two years and the B1G will eventually kick us out. That should remind you how insufferable they are. uconn fans can go **** themselves and their FCS level program

I’m far from bitter , happy as heck with Schiano. I’m still laughing at you and all those that fought against bringing him here. LoL. I’m loving and laughing every day.
I fought against nothing. Get your facts stright. You are a bitter jerkoff and on ignore now.

I disagree. While it pales in comparison with the B1G payout, the AAC signed a deal that will pay each school $7 million per year. The reason UConn is going independent is because they are going to invest in their basketball programs because that is their preferred sport. The B1G allows RU to finance a football program in addition to the other athletic programs, whereas if RU was still in the AAC it would feed football and starve everyone else.

If you want to let it go head over to the Boneyard forum and read the multi page thread on how Rutgers sucks Schiano (Shady) will fail or leave in two years and the B1G will eventually kick us out. That should remind you how insufferable they are. uconn fans can go **** themselves and their FCS level program

Glad to see they still hate us. Maybe we should sign them up to come in for a few paycheck games to help them finance their basketball team by sacrificing their football team.

Reactions: redking
He paid an official visit to Rutgers in April, he is from NJ, Ash offered him a chance to play in the B1G and yet he decided to go to UConn.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, it boggIes the mind as to just how bad a recruiter Ash was.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Even though his father played at UCONN, you have to assume that he would want his son to play somewhere that would be a positive. UCONN is a real mess. Many think they will end up dropping down to a lower division or out of football all together.
The number of players entering the portal is astounding and a serious problem for them.

I’m far from bitter , happy as heck with Schiano. I’m still laughing at you and all those that fought against bringing him here. LoL. I’m loving and laughing every day.

I am a Rutgers fan, so I am not going to make the argument, but maybe hold off on the laughing at people until we actually, you know, win a football game. What we are seeing is competence. Which is great, and something we have not had in a long time. But it is a long, long way from here to the Rose Bowl.

Guys...can we wait for a little on-field success before mocking UCONN ? UCONN has a conference title. We were so excited when the PSU sanctions first came down and how did that work out ?

I’ve been on several RU road trips and UConn fans were more obnoxious than even philly fans and that’s saying something.
As far as visiting places, Syracuse was right up there with them. Philly fans were the worst visiting RU. We had an in stadium altercation and Scarlet lot altercations with different groups of Temple fans. Most visiting fans are not looking to start fights.

Udel will be able to beat them.

Guys...can we wait for a little on-field success before mocking UCONN ? UCONN has a conference title. We were so excited when the PSU sanctions first came down and how did that work out ?

We have a conference title, too. They were co-BE Champs in 2007 and 2010, and we were co-BE Champs in 2012.

We've both have had real struggles on the field in recent years.... but the revenue disparity is absolutely massive, which makes it that much harder for UConn to climb back out of the hole (especially as an independent).

Don’t know about their basketball fans, but UConn football fans are the worst college football fans I have ever been around.

Complete scum. The way we were treated up there, twice, was simply disgusting and unparalleled I’m my long history of college football road games.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT