ADVERTISEMENT

Colonia's Antonio Alfano entered transfer portal

Based upon what do you say, "looks like he wants to come home".

This kid has an attitude problem that all the physical tools in the world won't change. Saban doesn't need a head case to work on,h he has too many other kids ready to step up.
The article that I cited, "It was reported at the time that he was entering the transfer portal to be closer to his sick grandmother. . . ."

Some of you guys are just a little nuts. You don't want a 5 star recruit with 4 years of eligibility left because he might be a head case. As if a head case would somehow destroy the chemistry in the locker room of a team that is likely to be registering back-to-back 1-11 seasons. He might be tough to coach, really, isn't that why we are going to be paying the next coach all that money. Jeez, a 5 star recruit from Colonia and our fans are too snobbish to want him because he might contaminate our pristine football program. And you wonder why some winning coaches may not want to come to this bastion of football purity and morality.

Last edited:
The article that I cited, "It was reported at the time that he was entering the transfer portal to be closer to his sick grandmother. . . ."

That was a cover story to deflect attention by his parents IMO. He didn't officially enter until weeks later after that tweet.

Reactions: SHUSource
It's amazing to me how some of you could read my post and rush right to your keyboards to grind your axe that Schiano isn't the only answer for Rutgers.

NO SH!T SHERLOCK!

The very open, honest and blatant gist of my post is that Alfano needs a disciplinarian as a coach to even keep him near the field. If Rutgers hires someone outside that mindset, Alfano could come here and wind up being dismissed as a problem just the same as he would any place else without a disciplinarian. Therefor, dipsh!ts, Alfano needs Schiano more than Schiano needs him.

I guess I needed to preface it all with the disclaimer "In the particular instance that Alfano is interested in Rutgers. You know, like the OP implies"

Holy cow the boobery in here.

That was a cover story to deflect attention by his parents IMO. He didn't officially enter until weeks later after that tweet.
What, you don't think a Jersey kid might get homesick being thrown into the backwoods of Alabama and want to come home? If anyone here doesn't think Fran Brown isn't already on top of this situation and is actively recruiting him to Temple you are kidding yourselves. Even if we don't make a play on this kid we may very well see him for the next 4 years up close and personal creating havoc for our next coach. 5 star kid from Colonia with 4 years of eligibility left enters the transfer portal and has no criminal charges outstanding that we know of and we have fans that want to pass on him because he may be a head case and difficult to coach. Unbelievable.

What, you don't think a Jersey kid might get homesick being thrown into the backwoods of Alabama and want to come home? If anyone here doesn't think Fran Brown isn't already on top of this situation and is actively recruiting him to Temple you are kidding yourselves. Even if we don't make a play on this kid we may very well see him for the next 4 years up close and personal creating havoc for our next coach. 5 star kid from Colonia with 4 years of eligibility left enters the transfer portal and has no criminal charges outstanding that we know of and we have fans that want to pass on him because he may be a head case and difficult to coach. Unbelievable.

What you don't think that massive problem children don't get into trouble whether they are in NJ or elsewhere?

Stop being so desperate that you're willing to take a flyer on a kid because of his star rating.

The kid was basically graduated so they could get rid of him in Colonia. The only thing that may straighten this kid out is either (A) the Army/Marines or (B) a jail cell.

It's why so many are saying pass and have in every thread between this board and the Round Table since his name came up at the end of August.

I have heard too much “oh he isn’t a Rutgers Man” type talk on this this board over the years.

How about we take the most talented players who will come here and just try to win?

How about we don't accept the transfer back of every kid that blew us off and helped put us in this hole? He's not a NJ kid he's a bama kid now.

How about we let coaches do the vetting and then let them make the decision. Of course that doesn’t give us a lot to criticize but it makes sense to me. To judge a kid based on stories, rumors, and speculation is a little rash.

. . . .
The kid was basically graduated so they could get rid of him in Colonia. The only thing that may straighten this kid out is either (A) the Army/Marines or (B) a jail cell.

. . . .
You don't know this kid other than what you have read. As far I have read he has never been charged with a crime, to state that he needs to go to jail to "straighten" out on a public forum where you hid behind an alias is reprehensible.

Bring Alfano, Guarantano, the younger Devera, n etc back. We have a roster full of practice squad players right now.

Or some spaghetti and meatballs at Teps

I miss the old days having dinner at Teps after throwing back a few at Butch Kowals next door.

My close neighbor for many years in Middletown (Nelson) was a Teps owner and his son Mike was the chef.

The Chicken and Veal Francese dishes at Teps were the best I’ve ever had. Mangia!

You don't know this kid other than what you have read. As far I have read he has never been charged with a crime, to state that he needs to go to jail to "straighten" out on a public forum where you hid behind an alias is reprehensible.

Sorry to burst your delusional bubble but he's been heavily discussed on the pay side.

You don't want this kid unless you're willing to deal with the negative press coverage when he goes off the rails. Red flags all over this kid.

But hey it's Rutgers where fans will ignore these things and then throw stones when it happens.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...school-as-potential-transfer-destination.html

Colorado appears desperate enough to take on Alfano....almost assuredly will accelerate the firing of new/1st time Head Coach Mel Tucker, but when you get 5 or 6 years guaranteed money irregardless, you're only going to earn an extension by taking on high major risk players.....maybe in the hills of the Rockies, Alfano stays of the radar.

What a joke. NFL talent just gonna end up in a downward spiral.

Welcome home, Antonio!

Zro82.jpg

There is no chance in Hell Schiano and Rutgers extend a scholarship to Alfano unless there is more to this story... the earliest signs of trouble were prior to his attending Colonia High School...a physical freak per se but missing some important neurons between his ears... too much hype as a young kid... his lineage and bloodlines were always the pre high school hype... how many of us would have loved to have those physical intangibles? Don’t think he actually understands what he is pissing away.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Greg excels with this type of kid.

On the DL is he an inside or edge rusher? I’m penciling in my 2 deep right now for RU FB 2020.

Please show your work, which kids that have this many red flags has Schiano excelled with in his career?

ADVERTISEMENT