ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado and Nebraska back to B12?

Bill Snyder may be getting really confused in his old age if he thinks Nebraska is giving up B10 money to return to the shaky B12 ship..

Nebraska is still buying in to the Big Ten, but they'd jump back to the Big XII for less stability and less money. Riiiiiiiight. Bill Snyder's family may need to start looking for a comfy assisted living facility for Coach...

Yeah we heard the same rumblings about BC years ago. Crazy ex girlfriend syndrome.

Big 12 Conference is crazy. Crazy Aunt in the Attic, crazy. Why would a university want to go back to the attic?

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
Colorado couldn't leave the Big 12 quick enough. No way any of those schools go back to that basket case of a conference.

And I thought that the nonsense posted here was silly, this is straight up completely insane and stupid to almost unthinkable levels.

Reactions: Local Shill
Bill Snyder may be getting really confused in his old age if he thinks Nebraska is giving up B10 money to return to the shaky B12 ship..
^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^
Texas A&M and Missouri would be my guess of the two schools wanting back into the B12.
Texas A&M??? Good god, no! Getting into the SEC was a godsend for them: no more playing second fiddle to UT. There is no way in hell they'd ever go back to that.

The biggest mistake to happen to the Big 8 was letting former members of the Southwest Conference into the league and forming the Big 12. Colorado fingerprints are all over this mistake. Colorado was thankful the Pac 12 still had interest in them after making it known shortly after Arizona and Arizona State enter the Pac 10. When offered officially, CU ran so d*mn quick the Pac 12 it wasn't even funny. No way in hell they are going back. Denver may have the feel of Big 8/Big 12, but Boulder is Berkely lite all the way.

Don't all the conferences except the SEC have some form of a GOR? If that's the case again you're asking school presidents to go through the hassle and for not even a good reason in this case. One of the more out there theories and that's saying something lol.

Last edited:
From what I've read around the always truthful internet about it is that it would be Missouri and Colorado. Missouri folks just don't think they fit in in the SEC and Colorado is not really making any more money and are isolated away from all the Pac schools. Somewhat how WVU is in the Big 12. None of its going to happen so it really don't matter. I do wish NU would have stayed in the Big 12 tho. JMO.

From what I've read around the always truthful internet about it is that it would be Missouri and Colorado. Missouri folks just don't think they fit in in the SEC and Colorado is not really making any more money and are isolated away from all the Pac schools. Somewhat how WVU is in the Big 12. None of its going to happen so it really don't matter. I do wish NU would have stayed in the Big 12 tho. JMO.
Mizzou at least doesn't have a GOR to contend with but they're making more money in the SEC hard to see them wanting to leave. I guess I can't blame them, I too long for the days of the great leadership of the BE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In its current form, or the old Big 12? Have to admit it's a mess. Just invite 2 of your friends for B1G western expansion and you'll be good. Shift Purdue to the East.

In addition, you have to like the fact that Nebraska is starting a temp. annual rival game with Ohio State.

Texas A&M and Missouri would be my guess of the two schools wanting back into the B12.

Officially the stupidest thing uttered on this board all year...A&M has raked in SO much money and done well in the SEC...why the **** would they ever go back!?!

Three is much chance of this as the Buckeyes moving to the AAC...get it?!?

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
No you don't, because then you wouldn't have met us!
And you would still be dodging us like you did back in the 70's and 80's when we were real good. I think your coach, Ozzy Osbourne, was afraid we'd beat you guys.

Huskers agree you guys had a great conference untl UT F'd it up for all

Saw on UConn site that some UT or OU sources say they want in to B1G by 2017. I would like this.

Ultimately the plan going south is

Big Ten East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers

Big Ten West
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Oklahoma
Texas
Wisconsin

Reactions: RURM85

Big Ten East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers

Big Ten West
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Oklahoma
Texas
Wisconsin

That is my Dream B1G 16 member conference. I would be shocked if that happens however.

Big Ten East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers

Big Ten West
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Oklahoma
Texas
Wisconsin

That would be the SUPREME Conference in all the land. SEC would have nothing on us. One can dream.

Missouri wanting back into the Big 12 I doubt it. They covet an invitation to join the B1G. During B1G's initial expansion they were certain they would get an offer. They are AAU making them a nice academic fit for the B1G.

That is my Dream B1G 16 member conference. I would be shocked if that happens however.
It's actually a 18 member conference and for names like Texas/OU/ND I could see a conference go past a logistically more feasible 16 but I don't see it ever happening either and definitely not anytime soon even if you thought it had a legitimate chance.

The more I read and hear (politicians), the more I think it'll stay as a P5 with Texas/OU in the B12 or P4 but not with everyone at 16 teams like is popular opinion.

It's actually a 18 member conference and for names like Texas/OU/ND I could see a conference go past a logistically more feasible 16 but I don't see it ever happening either and definitely not anytime soon even if you thought it had a legitimate chance.

The more I read and hear (politicians), the more I think it'll stay as a P5 with Texas/OU in the B12 or P4 but not with everyone at 16 teams like is popular opinion.

I missed the 2 other schools.

To be clear i am 100% happy with 14. In fact if the Big Ten never adds another school for a 1,000 years I would be 100% happy about that.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
You would have to be crazy to go back to a conf with UT. I can understand the G5 schools wanting in but any school that escaped UT cannot want back in with them. It is suicide.

ADVERTISEMENT