ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado St. gets $37.7 million for naming rights of football stadium

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
RU deal with HPS is up in 2021, which was a 10 year, $6.5 million deal. RU should do at least as well as CSU???

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ts-377-million-naming-rights-football-stadium

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- Colorado State University has signed a 15-year, $37.7 million naming rights agreement with Public Service Credit Union for its on-campus football stadium.

Combined with the $20 million anonymously donated to the school in 2016 to name Sonny Lubick Field, the total naming rights revenues of $57 million is among the largest in college athletics.
The $225 million stadium opened last season, bringing Rams football back to campus for the first time in 50 years. The Rams set an attendance record of 192,369 fans, with an average of 32,062. Season ticket sales increased 40 percent to about 15,500.

Reactions: RURM85
One would think we should sell naming rights in this area for a more lucrative offer compared to Colorado State. However I also thought our apparel deal should have been more profitable compared to a few other programs and that didn't quite work out. So I'm not discounting the possibility that not one company will be interested and Rutgers will end up paying some food vendor to stick their name on the stadium. One needs a sense of humor with these issues

Reactions: RUSK97 and koleszar
One would think we should sell naming rights in this area for a more lucrative offer compared to Colorado State. However I also thought our apparel deal should have been more profitable compared to a few other programs and that didn't quite work out. So I'm not discounting the possibility that not one company will be interested and Rutgers will end up paying some food vendor to stick their name on the stadium. One needs a sense of humor with these issues
Chewy Balls Stadium?

weird-restaurant-name-17.jpg

x.jpg

2yFEQ.jpg

Not sure if anyone’s doing the math, but that’s 2.5 million a year to put their name on a stadium that averages 32k in attendance. As a reminder, we get 600k a year. Somebody’s doing something right.

Not sure if anyone’s doing the math, but that’s 2.5 million a year to put their name on a stadium that averages 32k in attendance. As a reminder, we get 600k a year. Somebody’s doing something right.
Our deal was in 2011, but wasn't our attendance near it's peak?

Our deal was in 2011, but wasn't our attendance near it's peak?
I know, there was a lot going on. The economy was still recovering and we seemed stuck in the crumbling Big East at the time, but I just don’t see the deal getting much better in 2020.

Those HPS guys though. I think they get one helluva bargain!

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
how based other NJ based companies... Toys “R” Us... nah.. Bed, Bath & Beyond... maybe not...

All kidding aside

Amazon would be the real Honey Pit.. but they could afford to pay top dollar.

I would much rather the team play in "High Point Stadium" rather than "High Point Solutions Stadium". At least, it sounds as though we weren't paying anyone naming rights. It's a place name. But, if I had my druthers, I'd like for us to go back to "Rutgers Stadium."

County College of Morris in Randolph NJ just announced receiving a $1M donation. Perhaps better days ahead for Rutgers and its deep pocketed alumni.

Couldn't help but notice that in Colorado you can get a stadium built for $225MM. We paid nearly half that amount for a 10K expansion more than 5 years ago. And that didn't cover all they wanted to do with locker rooms and other things.

I'm still holding out for "Jersey Mike's Stadium." It makes so much sense and then hopefully we can get a proper Jersey Mike's inside concession...

When mary jane is officially legalized, sell the naming rights to a marijuana distributor on the condition they leave the name as High Point stadium.

Apparently. Trump doesn't pay to put his name on things.. he gets paid for that.. or rather, did before he pissed off the liberals.
No big deal for a Republican POTUS to piss off liberals. I think his problem is he went and pissed off conservative Republicans too.

Couldn't help but notice that in Colorado you can get a stadium built for $225MM. We paid nearly half that amount for a 10K expansion more than 5 years ago. And that didn't cover all they wanted to do with locker rooms and other things.

Jersey... everything cost 10 times more here.

No big deal for a Republican POTUS to piss off liberals. I think his problem is he went and pissed off conservative Republicans too.
True enough.. Trump is not a conservative. He won because people knew Hillary was a crook.. part of the swamp.. and enough people just wanted to blow it all up. Not exactly "conservative" thinking.

Reactions: rurichdog and theRU
I really feel like our procurement folks let us down. We were still in a recession and it should have been easy for us to get a favorable contract. People pockets were lined on that one.. outside of union labor costs

Except they are sponsors of FUND football. Trust me, I give my friend who works in their corporate office an earful.
Did not know that. Does that guy live off of Ramshorn Drive. Someone from their office lives in my neighborhood.

I think I am done with them if they sponsor the Domers and not RU. Should change their name to Domer Mike's.

Did not know that. Does that guy live off of Ramshorn Drive. Someone from their office lives in my neighborhood.

I think I am done with them if they sponsor the Domers and not RU. Should change their name to Domer Mike's.
It’s my buddy’s daughter. They live in Point Beach. I don’t eat much of their food.

The next deal will be significantly better. As will our deal with Adidas, which will come into focus before the existing contract is up.

Don’t get me started on that jackass
Come on Mike spill the beans, we need a good story during this dead period. And I have a feeling this one's going to be a doozy. O and I heard about the Jersey Mike's guys. The only reason they started supporting RU in some capacity is because we started allowing them to sell sandwiches at RU events. Otherwise they only sponsored the Domed dicks.

Look up what the Minnesota Stadium cost
and the contributions they received
The State of Minnesota included
And in New Jersey we spend our money on.......

ADVERTISEMENT