ADVERTISEMENT

Coming to Big Ten Championship

N.W.Ohio Buck

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2004
Me and my son have been to the last 4. We will be at Rutgers for this years. Should get there early afternoon Friday. Any recommendations for Friday and Friday night?

Me and my son have been to the last 4. We will be at Rutgers for this years. Should get there early afternoon Friday. Any recommendations for Friday and Friday night?
Where are you staying and how old is your son?

Home 2 Suites Edison. He will be 20 then.
Check out downtown Metuchen for restaurants and bars. There are a ton of options, Yelp can help you sort through the rest. You'll find a lot of international cuisine in the area.

While you're out here, avoid chain restaurants and support the local stuff, because trust me, it's all really good!!

When we go to events like this (and I was in Pittsburgh for the NCAA’s last year) and to every football bowl game since 2005, we went to where all the fans were. So I would go to the restaurants on George street in New Brunswick. There will be little to no fellow fans in Metuchen or other neighboring towns We had a blast in Pittsburgh hanging out with fans of all schools.

When we go to events like this (and I was in Pittsburgh for the NCAA’s last year) and to every football bowl game since 2005, we went to where all the fans were. So I would go to the restaurants on George street in New Brunswick. There will be little to no fellow fans in Metuchen or other neighboring towns We had a blast in Pittsburgh hanging out with fans of all schools.

Same here which is why we were at the Omni in Pittsburgh. So much fun interacting with all the different fan bases. If you want to get the full experience, need to be in New Brunswick. Metuchen does have a solid downtown but you won’t have that local college atmosphere.

Reactions: Leonard23
Home 2 Suites Edison. He will be 20 then.
You may want to look to stay in New Brunswick at the Heldrich or Hyatt, if you can, as it's a better atmosphere and you can walk to restaurants and campus. Plus they should have busses to The RAC.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I agree on the Hyatt or the Heldrich. If you are going to come to RU/NB only once, might as well do it right and stay downtown. The vibe/experience will be completely different and unfortunately worse if you stay in Metuchen.

On Friday night, most fans will probably be hanging out in Downtown New Brunswick. For dinner, try Stuff Yer Face, Harvest Moon Brewery, or Old Man Rafferty's. However, there's not much parking, so it's best to get an Uber there from your hotel. If you do drive, park in the Church Street parking deck. You can walk to a ton of restaurants from there including the ones I listed. It's also within walking distance of the original campus if you want to check that out.

If you don't you don't go to New Brunswick and stay on the other side of the river, then The Brickhouse is pretty good. There might be some wrestling fans there as well.

Reactions: MS-RU
ADVERTISEMENT