ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Chris Laviano

Yeah Baby

Heisman Winner
Aug 14, 2001
Keep working hard and remember you have a handful of other QB's who all want your job. Ignore the QB haters. They don't know any better. You have the support of your staff, your team and probably 80% of the RU fans. Ignore the vocal minority who love to hate everything.

To the other QB's on the roster, keep working hard. I am sure the hunt is still on with this staff. OSU played 3 QB's when they won the National Championship. If the opportunity arises get after it.

Congratulations, Chris! You've really been through the wars, and gotten back up every time. Now you've got to combine being the toughest SOB out there with being the smartest SOB out there. Get it done, mate.

Reactions: tychicus
Laviano is a tough son of a gun. Good for him. He's the type that isn't going to let anyone out work him.

I am happy that Chris won the job but I hope that other QBs get some meaningful experience this year.

I think he can do a very good job in the new system. Just needs to improve his consistency. I'm sure the situation will be evaluated each week so he needs to have early success to build confidence and get the fanbase behind him. Wish him all the best.

Congrats Chris, hoping you show every Rutgers fan why you won the job while leading the Scarlet Knights to victory .

Go Chris!
-917e406fee7ceb3c.JPG

L threw for 2,247 yards and 16 touchdowns (12 ints) last season. He completed nearly 61 percent of his passes, which is the best by an RU QB since 2008 (Mike Teel). That is something to build on. Looking forward to the udub game.
Yeah he definitely had some shining moments. We are a tough crowd collectively no doubt about that. Most of us know this is a team sport and winning takes around 40 players. QB is the most important but he cannot do it alone. Here is how I look at Laviano:

1. From 2014 to 2015 he was night and day. Much, much better all around. The pro style usually takes time and game experience to develop as we have seen with Teel and Nova.

2. In 2015 he played VERY WELL in games that our team all played well in. In other words, when the team made his job easy, he excelled.

3. There were some games that his job was impossible. Nebraska was one of them. He had no chance. This is not all on him yet some of our fans judge him only by those games. They did the same to Nova (PSU and Va Tech). When a QB has no chance he has no chance and the backup will not do any better than the starter. I am 98% certain of that. The 2% is a miracle situation which you see every 10 years.

4. In games that his job was tough but not impossible he did a fair job. That is the area I look for improvement on. That is what Teel and Nova improved on year by year. If you want the team to win you should hope that Laviano is a better QB this year in tough situations.

Some years ago, a friend of mine was blasting the nation's selection for the next President. He flat out stated, "I will not be rooting for him!". I found this to be stunning.
How can you not be rooting for someone who is going to be carrying your hopes and dreams? His failure becomes your failure.
The coaches have spoken, and there is zero doubt that they think Chris is the best choice to start the season. He may well not be the one who finishes it, but it all remains to be seen.
Quite simply, I am rooting for anyone wearing scarlet.

CL: Just beat Penn State and you will never have to buy a drink for yourself in a bar in New Brunswick ever again. Provided of course you have proper ID to gain entry.

Reactions: demauroj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT