ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Ron Harper Jr.

Bright future for Harper Jr. I see him getting some minutes(10) behind Omoyuri next year at the 4, and pushing for more minutes at the wing spot(5-6).

Reactions: MV9000
Have seen RHJ a few times and happy to see RU getting him. He can shoot it and attacks the basket. Good passer and good court awareness. Not surprised that he's a first team all state player... congrats Ron.

Sounds like he needs to work on his height. Otherwise, glad he's a knight!

giphy.gif

Irish kid. Private school. Mulcahy? Not our typical catch. Maybe our B1G tournament showing has changed our bait? Hope so.

He will be better than Hughes.

That might be a stretch but it would be great if he was. Hughes averaged 21 points and 10 rebounds a game during the 1990-91 season and was named the Atlantic 10 Conference Player of the Year.

That might be a stretch but it would be great if he was. Hughes averaged 21 points and 10 rebounds a game during the 1990-91 season and was named the Atlantic 10 Conference Player of the Year.

Follow-up question for anyone. I know Keith passed away in 2014 at age 45. Does anyone remember what he passed away from?

The game is different and different conference so I wouldn’t expect those numbers but the kid has a lot of talent. If he works hard which I am sure he will he’ll be special.

After that game, maybe his teammate, Earlington, should reconsider his decision to play hoops in college instead of football? I can’t believe that he will see much PT at St. John’s. Undersized 4 in the BE. In no way can he play the 3.

After that game, maybe his teammate, Earlington, should reconsider his decision to play hoops in college instead of football? I can’t believe that he will see much PT at St. John’s. Undersized 4 in the BE. In no way can he play the 3.
With you there. I know football is dangerous, but he is in an odd place as a player. D1 is similar to nba in that if you don’t have the skills off the bat, you will not see playing time, or you will be recruited over. You have to show some kind of promise quickly, or be placed in the right division on the right team.

Can ERlington succeed at Sj
? Yes. I just thought he’d be better off playing football.

I was surprised Earlington got a schollie to a Big East school. Thought he was bound for the A-10 at best.

If we brought in Harper as a designated foul shooter we'd win 7 or 8 more games

Harper is under rated by the rating services. I'd argue massively so, but for sure under rated. Sad that your senior season doesn't count much and the back half of a senior season doesn't seem to count at all.

Maybe Ron Harper Jr and Tai Strickland (if we land) can talk Naz into coming seeing as he isn't signed with LSU yet. Come on Naz one former RC guy to another pull the trigger

He isnt officially signed yet????

EDIT: 247 has him as signed LOI.

Reactions: dpwhite
ADVERTISEMENT