ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Grieco offered by Boston College

Will be another white private school kid who goes there, has a mediocre career and no one ever hears about again.

I was glad he decommited. No idea how he’s getting D1 interest. Auggie Hoffman must be working the phones OT.
He has a handful of pretty decent power 5 offers. Idk why he decomitted but either way he would he one of our best commits based on offers if he stayed.

Will be another white private school kid who goes there, has a mediocre career and no one ever hears about again.

I was glad he decommited. No idea how he’s getting D1 interest. Auggie Hoffman must be working the phones OT.
Lol :chairshot:

I have rooted for Rutgers forever. But it’s hard to second guess the athlete on his choice. Sagarin ratings has (#40) BC rated 81 slots higher than (#121) Rutgers, as well as the numbers showing that BC beats us by 3 TDs on a neutral field. The biggest selling point for us is playing time. He would need a lobotomy if he chose us, and RUskoolie’s analysis misses by a mile, except for the Augie Hoffmann point. Augie is a BC football alumnus, and camps there with his team in summers and comes home with a fat paycheck.

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
Can't argue with a kid's parents who want their son to further his Catholic education after 4 years of parochial high school by attending ND or BC ... or Georgetown, Fordham, Holy Cross or Sacred Heart.

Can't argue with a kid's parents who want their son to further his Catholic education after 4 years of parochial high school by attending ND or BC ... or Georgetown, Fordham, Holy Cross or Sacred Heart.
AGE OLD TIRED EXCUSE.

Lol you're a joke

He'll be a 4 year graduate with a degree who experiences a winning season. Or he can come to Rutgers to be coached by Ash and hope they win 4 games. I'm a Rutgers fan but it would be hard for me to go to Rutgers if I was a recruit right now

Reactions: chrisru99
blah, blah, blah, blah. Hate everything about Ash and Rutgers. Never anything good to say. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
blaha blahh blahh.. Flood was Great. Ash was great but now its clear he sucks..Im jumping off the bandwagon..
sob..blah blah.

AGE OLD TIRED EXCUSE.
His parents paid money for catholic high school when he could have went to his towns for free. What does that tell you? His parents and the kid may value the Catholic school education. BC like it or not is an excellent school and harder to get into than RU. I’m sorry it just is and it’s teally expensive as well. Some people just want that type of education. Personally my boy will go St Peters Prep and I live in New Providence one of the best high schools in NJ but I value what the school offers. Why would a kid with a BC offer want to go to Rutgers right now? Come on be realistic we are a dumpster fire can’t you see how the scramble is on recruiting wise.

Last edited:
His parents paid money for catholic high school when he could have went to his towns for free. What does that tell you? His parents and the kid may value the Catholic school education. BC like it or not is an excellent school and harder to get into than RU. I’m sorry it just is and it’s teally expensive as well. Some people just want that type of education. Personally my boy will go St Peters Prep and I live in New Providence one of the best high schools in NJ. Why would a kid with a BC offer want to go to Rutgers right now? Come on be realistic we are a dumpster fire can’t you see how the scramble is on recruiting wise.
yes Recruiting is bad with Asherror and staff,no doubting that. However that same excuse by some local 'elitist thinking parents' and pushed onto kids, has been around since Schiano days.

yes Recruiting is bad with Asherror and staff,no doubting that. However that same excuse by some local 'elitist thinking parents' and pushed onto kids, has been around since Schiano days.

Oh, that "excuse" has been around forever, and not just at Rutgers. And that's because the "excuse" is true. Twelve years of parochial school education leads some kids and their parents to prefer a Catholic college because the scene is familiar, and because many Catholic colleges are quite good even when they're not at Rutgers' level.

Reactions: 78CollegeAve
Lol you're a joke

He'll be a 4 year graduate with a degree who experiences a winning season. Or he can come to Rutgers to be coached by Ash and hope they win 4 games. I'm a Rutgers fan but it would be hard for me to go to Rutgers if I was a recruit right now

I think you missed my point. I don't want him and I have no idea how he's getting offers other than Auggie Hoffman doing his job and overselling a kid to a school.

Reactions: rutgersal
AGE OLD TIRED EXCUSE.
I know it's hard to believe for some people, but there really are parents ... and students ... who value a college education at the school of their faith, whether it's BYU or BC (or LIberty?), and are more attracted by that than the 2-deep or the W/L record.

I have rooted for Rutgers forever. But it’s hard to second guess the athlete on his choice. Sagarin ratings has (#40) BC rated 81 slots higher than (#121) Rutgers, as well as the numbers showing that BC beats us by 3 TDs on a neutral field. The biggest selling point for us is playing time. He would need a lobotomy if he chose us, and RUskoolie’s analysis misses by a mile, except for the Augie Hoffmann point. Augie is a BC football alumnus, and camps there with his team in summers and comes home with a fat paycheck.
That was this year. If you rooted for us forever you would realize we had better years than BC for a while. The pendulum has swung back but that doesn’t mean we don’t climb past them again. No need to take a shot at RU because of a stupid comment made by someone else.

try jumping off a bridge.
I've been around here alot longer than you and will be here long after your gone...I guess you can take that as im not going to jump off a bridge but thanks for the suggestion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT