ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Kirst on US Sixes roster for the '22 World Games (not 23)

Kirst scored 5 goals in the US win over Germany yesterday. US dominated, 27-10. They play the UK and Australia this weekend.

No surprise. UK and AUS will do better but I doubt it will be close. I think Canada will be VERY tough in sixes, might even be favored.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I wouldn’t put them as the favorites. Certainly their unique skills are beneficial but it’s not box lacrosse and out of bounds is most certainly in play. I would say we have a decidedly large athleticism advantage.

Team hasn't even broken a sweat yet. Moving onto the Semis tomorrow vs Japan. US Women's Team already won the Gold.

Last edited:
Team hasn't even broken a sweat yet. Moving onto the Semis tomorrow vs Japan. US Women's Team already won the Gold.

They'll break a sweat against Canada. Are you getting the games on cable? I thought they were going to be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, but no luck.

Japan over the Native team is a huge win for them. They are quietly becoming a lacrosse crazed nation. I used to remember kids from there at lacrosse camps. They keep progressing. Great to see.

Reactions: bigmatt718
It's really interesting to see the sixes and how it develops. It's pissing off the purists but it's going to spread the game even faster, in particular, to areas where there isn't field space, i.e. inner cities.

Reactions: Terry_2426
Japan beating the Native American team is very impressive. US vs Japan coming up at 3 pm. Most likely will face Canada for Gold should they take care of business.

Japan over the Native team is a huge win for them. They are quietly becoming a lacrosse crazed nation. I used to remember kids from there at lacrosse camps. They keep progressing. Great to see.

Lyle Thompson and Randy Staats out injured didn't help the Native team. Nonetheless, Japan and Israel seem to be catching up to the UK and Australia. Surprised Germany hasn't progressed more, as they've been in these tournies nw for more than 30 years.

Sadly, Australia lost state sponsorship of the sport. It's going backwards there which is really sad to see. For the size of that country, they have some tremendous athletes. Odd considering they are mostly of English decent. The are decidedly different though. Love sport, the outdoors, and the water.

Sadly, Australia lost state sponsorship of the sport. It's going backwards there which is really sad to see. For the size of that country, they have some tremendous athletes. Odd considering they are mostly of English decent. The are decidedly different though. Love sport, the outdoors, and the water.
What you think the English don't have athletes?? Their culture is inclined towards outdoors.

They have some I guess, though I'd suspect not as many as other similar sized nations. Not as many as Australia for sure which is smaller.

ADVERTISEMENT