ADVERTISEMENT

Construction in front of Rutgers Stadium ?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Anyone know what is going on in front of the North Gate at Rutgers Stadium--digging up a lot of concrete right in front of the High Point Solutions sign. Saw a dump truck already filled with old slabs.

They are replacing some of the broken sidewalks as they do every year.
That reminds me of when I went for Army Reserve training decades ago on Sandy Hook. The would repave the main road on the base
every year because there were funds left in the budget. Use it or lose it.

I know Rutgers Stadium is not exactly beautiful,but the new "Air Conditioner Stadium" at The Meadowlands is really ugly--outside and in.

I think HPSS has character just not as much as it would have if the hadn't run out of $. At least it doesn't look like some college stadiums that appear to have been designed by 3 different architects who never spoke to each other.

What would really enhance it would be filling the area on each side of the press box with suites. Looking from the other side it appears they never finished.

I know Rutgers Stadium is not exactly beautiful,but the new "Air Conditioner Stadium" at The Meadowlands is really ugly--outside and in.
While I wouldn't call our stadium beautiful, I would say it is pretty nice. I don't think I can think of too many college stadiums that you would call beautiful. The north entrance of the stadium and the area surrounding it including Athletes' Glen and the 1869 statue is a very nice area.

They are replacing some of the broken sidewalks as they do every year.
I drove by early yesterday and that's what it looked like to me.. finishing touches of plaza sidewalk finishing. I assume I also saw some Academy buses in the Scarlet Lot waiting to go get the players from practice on Livingston or some other player-related transport. I'll let you know if I see anything there on this AM's drive-by.

I think HPSS has character just not as much as it would have if the hadn't run out of $. At least it doesn't look like some college stadiums that appear to have been designed by 3 different architects who never spoke to each other.

What would really enhance it would be filling the area on each side of the press box with suites. Looking from the other side it appears they never finished.
If you're looking at the open space to the left (when viewing from the home side) Is an open area that is used for entertaining special guests/supporters. I've watched a couple of games from there now. There's tables, food, drink etc. (It's even has an outdoor red carpet covering the entire floor area) So it's not wasted space, it's nice secluded area for the admin to do functions during the game. The other side does the same thing generally, but I believe is reserved for Athletic Director only. You are correct that it looks "unfinished" That was on purpose in the original design. They knew in 1994 they would not be able to sell suites, so they built the stadium with the idea that if needed those areas could be portioned into suites. So the basic infrastructure was put in.

Has anyone seen the building of the new Falcons stadium? May be the best stadium in sports. It's sick.

If you're looking at the open space to the left (when viewing from the home side) Is an open area that is used for entertaining special guests/supporters. I've watched a couple of games from there now. There's tables, food, drink etc. (It's even has an outdoor red carpet covering the entire floor area) So it's not wasted space, it's nice secluded area for the admin to do functions during the game. The other side does the same thing generally, but I believe is reserved for Athletic Director only. You are correct that it looks "unfinished" That was on purpose in the original design. They knew in 1994 they would not be able to sell suites, so they built the stadium with the idea that if needed those areas could be portioned into suites. So the basic infrastructure was put in.

At least one of those areas can be purchased by anyone for groups of 50.
We are having a work event at the party deck for the Howard game.
http://www.scarletknights.com/tickets/group-hospitality.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT