RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
On this Sunday afternoon...

--ranked Indiana plays rv Purdue
--ranked Michigan State plays ranked Rutgers
--ranked Iowa plays Illinois

and

--unranked Ohio State plays unranked Michigan.

So...

--the ranked team games are only on streaming BTN plus
and
--the unranked team game is on broadcast BTN.

Hey, BTN, it's a new season. Get your (football-influenced) pre-disposition-prejudiced-head out of your a$$, and make adjustments to what is actually happening on the B1G WBB courts.

---------

Unless it's a total blizzard, we'll be at the RAC on Sunday, and I do have a subscription to BTN+, but still the lack of respect is still annoying.

-----------------------------

Incidentally, also, the B1G women's basketball page also barely ever mentions RU. And no player ever gets a weekly honor mention. (I know CVS likes it when we go unnoticed and underestimated. Me, not so much.)

In fairness, Rutgers is not usually IN the discussion for sports. We are in a pretty old and established league where many are still not happy Nebraska got in, much less Maryland and RU.

More Rutgers-as-The-Little-Sisters-of-the-Poor resignation. We gotta get over that.

This is the Big Ten. When Ohio State and Michigan play, in any sport, it is always the biggest game of the day. This is what we signed up to be a part of when we joined the conference.

It was much worse in the ACC, where every team was expected to cancel practice and bow down in deference during the week when Duke and North Carolina played...

This is the Big Ten. When Ohio State and Michigan play, in any sport, it is always the biggest game of the day. This is what we signed up to be a part of when we joined the conference.
Yeah ... games with the 2 biggest rivals don’t matter much.

On this Sunday afternoon...

--ranked Indiana plays rv Purdue
--ranked Michigan State plays ranked Rutgers
--ranked Iowa plays Illinois

and

--unranked Ohio State plays unranked Michigan.

So...

--the ranked team games are only on streaming BTN plus
and
--the unranked team game is on broadcast BTN.

Hey, BTN, it's a new season. Get your (football-influenced) pre-disposition-prejudiced-head out of your a$$, and make adjustments to what is actually happening on the B1G WBB courts.

---------

Unless it's a total blizzard, we'll be at the RAC on Sunday, and I do have a subscription to BTN+, but still the lack of respect is still annoying.

-----------------------------

Incidentally, also, the B1G women's basketball page also barely ever mentions RU. And no player ever gets a weekly honor mention. (I know CVS likes it when we go unnoticed and underestimated. Me, not so much.)

What approach will sell the most subscriptions?

More Rutgers-as-The-Little-Sisters-of-the-Poor resignation. We gotta get over that.
And thrilled we have a team trying to break us thru the barrier. We need a championship in a significant sport badly.

Games decided to be televised are made before the season...Rutgers has been aired alot in btn in the past during bad seasons

These complaints are unwarranted

Reactions: LtCol144
Games decided to be televised are made before the season...Rutgers has been aired alot in btn in the past during bad seasons

These complaints are unwarranted
Yes, I agree the complaints are unwarranted for the reason you indicate - the decisions were made far in advance. That's true across the board - does anyone think ESPN is really excited about Notre Dame / Tennessee on their Thursday showcase - #1 against, well, currently, a train wreck?

I don't think that Rutgers Women's Basketball has gotten any more coverage than you would expect in past seasons - certainly not a lot. I don't do the BTN+ much (I do subscribe) but I watch almost everything on DirecTV and don't really remember seeing very many games on BTN (the network iteself). Now, football, I thought, got good coverage. We watch those games as well. I don't watch men's basketball and have no idea, if you were referring to Rutgers "over all".

Gave RU lead story, ranked them #1 in power rankings and mentioned CVS in connection with MLK day.
Yeah but what were those "oh that's cute" comments about lol.
I actually get them but that seemed a bit demeaning. What they were was a good look at how were viewed in the league. Won't believe until we prove it. Why we need just that. Finally getting the credit. Need to keep it up this time.

ADVERTISEMENT