ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Sanders - Euro shooting.

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
Regardless of the competition, 38% on three shows progress.

I always believed the two things holding Sanders back from a serious NBA look was going left more and 3 point shooting. Highlights I have seen indicates he may have solved the going left issue.

Reactions: DECKRU and MADHAT1
Corey has nice numbers in Poland, 20 a game and 5 or 6 rebounds and assists. His team is 0-4, and has never won the league. He is still only 23. Think if he had listened to Pike more in the two years Pike was his coach, he would be doing much better than playing in a relatively low-ranked European league. His Freshman year, under Eddie Jordan, Corey more or less had the green light. Pike tried to rein him in, particularly on shooting 3's, at which he was not adept. Pike sat him several times in those two years for dribbling into traffic and shooting ill-advised 3's.

It all seemed to come together in our run in the B1G Tournament, as he and Geo sparkled. He would have benefited greatly by staying, but he needed the money for his family. He can kick around for years and make a little money, but he will never get much better. So many guards come out of the US and all the other countries every year wanting to play pro ball. He is just another one. What could have been.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Don’t know how much he has made all the other years playing in foreign countries, but I believe Quincy Douby made a $1,000,000 one year in Communist China.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT