ADVERTISEMENT

Could college football really happen in the summer?

Don't see how it could happen -- coaches are saying they need camps to start in July for the season to start on the dates currently outlined. There's no shot camps are opening up in mid/late May for a July start to the season

If the virus would not be a problem in the warmer months then why is India in such a panic now.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
If the virus would not be a problem in the warmer months then why is India in such a panic now.

It seems that India is in a panic because the leaders there know that the nation doesn’t have a health care system that could handle very much at all, so the harshest measures possible have to be taken when they’re dealing with a population so large.

Don't see how it could happen -- coaches are saying they need camps to start in July for the season to start on the dates currently outlined. There's no shot camps are opening up in mid/late May for a July start to the season
Most camps don’t start until August ...unless a Labor Day weekend game maybe Last week of July

That is the dumbest article ever written. Dumber that people believe it.
No, the article is not dumb. I have no doubt that it is accurate - many options are being discussed and this is one of them. No one is saying or even implying that they are close to a decision.

No, the article is not dumb. I have no doubt that it is accurate - many options are being discussed and this is one of them. No one is saying or even implying that they are close to a decision.
It's beyond dumb. For a host of reasons number #1 is the NCAA is not currently talking about it. This is the writers speculation and has been picked up by many other outlets quoting him alone.

I'm going with NO.

these guys won't even have enough time to get in shape for September, let alone July. and could you imagine the number of heat strokes we'll have among players in the July and August heat, or the number of fans passing out in the stands?

I’d rather they skip the whole season than play in the summer. Is a college football season that important in the grand scheme of things? I don’t think it is and I love every second of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersNYCB1G
It seems that India is in a panic because the leaders there know that the nation doesn’t have a health care system that could handle very much at all, so the harshest measures possible have to be taken when they’re dealing with a population so large.
Also population. This virus spreads easy and densely populated areas are a breeding ground. Maybe we should have been more proactive in NYC, LA, etc but I’m not going to blame DiBlasio or Cuomo for this mess. Nobody saw this being as bad as it is. They’re all working their butts off and I’m in full support to everyone who is out there trying to help the cause. All the whiners should be lined up and given a last cigarette. They are truly the worst people in this world every day but especially now during a crisis.

My partner and I are in the Biotech business.....our specialty is Rx Non-Steroidal Nasal Spray Drug Technology with no known side effects for chronic breathing diseases, that among other things increases Nasal Nitric Oxide to kill viruses, bacteria and fungi.

Through a US partnership that has a manufacturing facility in China for several years, we have been treating millions of Patient in Chinese Hospitals with our Non-Steroidal Nasal Spray..

A week ago, we released a Press Release of the Clinical Features of Covid-19 at Wuhan China as of Feb. 15th and how our Rx Technology with increasing Nasal Nitric Oxide could be used as a treatment of symptoms and as a Preventive for healthy Patients.

It will take over a year to find a vaccine and no one is really addressing the symptoms of Covid-19 Patients and not focusing on the Prevention of the spread of Covid-19....Allergy season (Sneezing and Coughing) is around the corner and the continued use of Steroid Nasal Sprays for Allergic Rhinitis and Oral Sprays with Steroid Sprays will result in the usual 12% to 34% lung infections...spreading Covid and confusion thinking you might have Covid (putting more strain on medical community).

Nasal steroids and other OTC nasal treatments shut down the synthesis of nasal nitric oxide, which then leads to decreased lung functions and a 12%-34% increase in infections, depending upon age or underlying disease.”

In my opinion, there will be no football this summer and a very small chance of football in the fall.

Please stay home until our Governor says it's safe to do so.

Look at the bright side, Rutgers Football recruiting for 2021 is approaching top 10 in the country.

The original article (not the OP) is incredibly dumb. This is the definition of a writer who has nothing else to write about trying to stir people up for clicks. The chance of any sport starting EARLY while thousands are sick and dying is less than zero.

The fact that they're quarantining in Australia, Brazil, Panama and Thailand leads me to believe that hot weather is not a cure all.

ADVERTISEMENT