ADVERTISEMENT

Could nightmare football situation

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
impact any recruits still "deciding" where they want to go??? We all know the athletes across sports are thick as thieves. Thank God CVS is back, but will it be enough to bring in a few more "gold stars."
Discuss.
Edit to add men's BB also.

There's always something recruiters have to overcome
Vivian and her staff have to stress the improvements WBB is making , point out RU FB's past success and talk positively about the MBB program's looking better , how football will too and them go for the gusto telling those recruits they can be part of the best RU Athletic program of all and help it become one of the best in the land.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletteK80
impact any recruits still "deciding" where they want to go??? We all know the athletes across sports are thick as thieves. Thank God CVS is back, but will it be enough to bring in a few more "gold stars."
Discuss.
Edit to add men's BB also.
Unlikely

Reactions: ChasRC69
Mostly unlikely, would probably be more accurate.

My very small quibble is that - to some degree - football gives a university a lot of publicity and this hasn't been good publicity. I would argue that, in the real world we live in, this is a negative. If CVS was a tad younger and / or Rutgers Women's Basketball was performing at its best level ever, I can't imagine that football could possibly have any affect on recruiting. At that, because CVS is well known, because Women's Basketball is successful, because facilities are new / good - I think the effect is minimal. But in the quirky world of recruiting, I could see someone - or more likely their parents - perhaps already questioning CVS's age, or whatever - looking at the disaster that is football and wondering if there is a negative to the school there.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Mostly unlikely, would probably be more accurate.

My very small quibble is that - to some degree - football gives a university a lot of publicity and this hasn't been good publicity. I would argue that, in the real world we live in, this is a negative. If CVS was a tad younger and / or Rutgers Women's Basketball was performing at its best level ever, I can't imagine that football could possibly have any affect on recruiting. At that, because CVS is well known, because Women's Basketball is successful, because facilities are new / good - I think the effect is minimal. But in the quirky world of recruiting, I could see someone - or more likely their parents - perhaps already questioning CVS's age, or whatever - looking at the disaster that is football and wondering if there is a negative to the school there.
One thing Rutgers football might do to help the image of all the RU Sports programs is hire someone for the RU FB HC position that will give an instant PR boost to the FB program.
That should help offset the way Rutgers Athletic programs are looked at by recruits and give them reason to think the sport they are being recruited by Rutgers to play has the sport of the school because they took care of their football program

Doesn't have to be Greg Schiano or anyone in particular, just someone the media will feel is a great hire.
Please ideas of who would do that best should be posted on the football board and tell them I sent you

Reactions: Knight Time Fan
"Please ideas of who would do that best should be posted on the football board and tell them I sent you."
MADHAT1 we now know you are not to be trusted if you give advice like this! That board has been on suicide/homocide watch for weeks now.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT