ADVERTISEMENT

Could nightmare football situation

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Impact other major sports, i.e. MBB, and WBB. Also posted on WBB board since I know most here don't go over there. These athletes want to go where there fellow buddies go.
Thank God for CVS and her reputation over 25 years. Pike seems to be on the up and coming list.
Really interested to hear from you all.

UConn WBB seem to have no problem with their football team being worse than ours even is for the past 5 years. Kansas men’s b-ball same thing. Who your head coach ie who is going to develop you is more important than anything in recruiting. WBB will be fine and MBB is in great hands with Pike. Football is having a historically bad season and is behind the 8 ball due to having less money than all the teams we play but it won’t last forever we’re too big a school and athletic department and even core fan base for this kind of bad to be permanent

kljl.png

Reactions: drewbagel423
Impact other major sports, i.e. MBB, and WBB. Also posted on WBB board since I know most here don't go over there. These athletes want to go where there fellow buddies go.
Thank God for CVS and her reputation over 25 years. Pike seems to be on the up and coming list.

I think CVS (and her salary) is the biggest waste of athletic department resources that we have at the university. And that includes paying our former AD to go away. Except for the players and their families and a handful of fans, nobody cares about women's basketball. It's irrelevant ... but it sucks up money.

And to be honest, MBB is largely irrelevant, too. Ask UCONN. They had one of the best mens basketball programs in the country (and the premiere WBB program) for decades and their athletics department is currently falling apart because frankly nobody cares and no conference wants them.

Football drives the bus; there are no other "major" sports.

Reactions: beaced and RUNVA
No... see Purdue and Kansas..

Both terrible football programs for decades at a time.

Women’s basketball is not a major sport. What the hell are you talking about? Do you think women’s basketball recruits follow football players when choosing a program? I’ll cut to the chase. Almost nobody cares about women’s basketball and it is not connected to football in any way, with the exception of football subsidizing stringer’s bloated salary.

Monmouth fans coming next September will put more money into the athletic department on one Saturday than WBB will put in the whole year.

I think CVS (and her salary) is the biggest waste of athletic department resources that we have at the university. And that includes paying our former AD to go away. Except for the players and their families and a handful of fans, nobody cares about women's basketball. It's irrelevant ... but it sucks up money.

And to be honest, MBB is largely irrelevant, too. Ask UCONN. They had one of the best mens basketball programs in the country (and the premiere WBB program) for decades and their athletics department is currently falling apart because frankly nobody cares and no conference wants them.

I agree. Football sucks because of CVS's salary.

We just had two bad coaches, Rutgers was in a bowl game 5 years ago. You overreacting SOBs.

Ash sucked and he was fired (good news) we will get a much better HC and turn this around. No need to go into full blown panic mode.

We just had two bad coaches, Rutgers was in a bowl game 5 years ago. You overreacting SOBs.

Ash sucked and he was fired (good news) we will get a much better HC and turn this around. No need to go into full blown panic mode.
Explain panic mode please?
Is it possible being the worst college offense in the history of college football, coupled with the fact we have 6 games remaining where the odds are pretty good we won’t score an offense touchdown or throw for 50 yards in a single game worth panicking about to your average fan?

lol... the task of turning this shit show around is a titanic undertaking

Reactions: RUaMoose
Explain panic mode please?
Is it possible being the worst college offense in the history of college football, coupled with the fact we have 6 games remaining where the odds are pretty good we won’t score an offense touchdown or throw for 50 yards in a single game worth panicking about to your average fan?

lol... the task of turning this shit show around is a titanic undertaking

Yes, Ash was really that bad, that is why he was fired. I would be in full blown panic mode if Ash wasn't fired and Rutgers was total cool with letting him finish the season.

MBB was in a much worse place than football is now, it was the WORSE team not in the Big Ten or Power 5 but in the whole NCAA. Yet fairly quickly that no longer became the case. We are not even the worse team in the Big Ten anymore which is the top conference for MBB. Every year we are getting better.

Big Ten Wrestling is the most elite wrestling conference in the country, MUCH harder than football, and yet in the years that we joined the big ten we creeped up and are verge of becoming one of the top programs in the country.

Football can be turned around, it was only 4 years ago that we went bowling. The bleeding has stop. This season is a lost, but the nightmare is over. I will take this awful season if it means landing a great HC. That is a easy trade.

Purdue has been a terrible football program for decades?...not even close.

Well...I'd like to disagree with this statement...We are almost EXACTLY on par with Purdue the 2 decades...why isn't anyone screaming from their fan base that the sky is falling?...AND they've been getting the full B10 payout for years!!!

Purdue RU
2019 2-4 1-5
2018 6-7 1-11
2017 7-6 4-8
2016 3-9 2-10
2015 2-10 4-8
2014 3-9 8-5
2013 1-11 6-7
2012 6-7 9-4
2011 7-6 9-4
2010 4-8 4-8
2009 5-7 9-4
2008 4-8 8-5
2007 8-5 8-5
2006 8-6 11-2
2005 5-6 7-5
2004 7-5 4-7
2003 9-4 5-7
2002 7-6 1-11
2001 6-6 2-9
2000 8-4 3-8
108-134 106-133

Tell that to the nearly 20 million viewers who watched Virginia-Texas Tech game. You wouldn't call those two schools ratings powerhouses.
Outside of the tournament college basketball ratings are pretty low. Using a national championship game as a reference point is very misleading. There is a reason the Big East conference is in shambles and the ACC lags behind the other conferences in TV revenue. Football pays the freight.

Well...I'd like to disagree with this statement...We are almost EXACTLY on par with Purdue the 2 decades...why isn't anyone screaming from their fan base that the sky is falling?...AND they've been getting the full B10 payout for years!!!

Purdue RU
2019 2-4 1-5
2018 6-7 1-11
2017 7-6 4-8
2016 3-9 2-10
2015 2-10 4-8
2014 3-9 8-5
2013 1-11 6-7
2012 6-7 9-4
2011 7-6 9-4
2010 4-8 4-8
2009 5-7 9-4
2008 4-8 8-5
2007 8-5 8-5
2006 8-6 11-2
2005 5-6 7-5
2004 7-5 4-7
2003 9-4 5-7
2002 7-6 1-11
2001 6-6 2-9
2000 8-4 3-8
108-134 106-133

I was responding to someone who said Purdue has been a terrible program for decades.
It’s far from the truth, my response had nothing to do with us.

Last edited:
Yes, Ash was really that bad, that is why he was fired. I would be in full blown panic mode if Ash wasn't fired and Rutgers was total cool with letting him finish the season.

MBB was in a much worse place than football is now, it was the WORSE team not in the Big Ten or Power 5 but in the whole NCAA. Yet fairly quickly that no longer became the case. We are not even the worse team in the Big Ten anymore which is the top conference for MBB. Every year we are getting better.

Big Ten Wrestling is the most elite wrestling conference in the country, MUCH harder than football, and yet in the years that we joined the big ten we creeped up and are verge of becoming one of the top programs in the country.

Football can be turned around, it was only 4 years ago that we went bowling. The bleeding has stop. This season is a lost, but the nightmare is over. I will take this awful season if it means landing a great HC. That is a easy trade.
I have no idea what your point is... my point is the resurrection of this shit show football program is a monumental task...end of story.

Outside of the tournament college basketball ratings are pretty low. Using a national championship game as a reference point is very misleading. There is a reason the Big East conference is in shambles and the ACC lags behind the other conferences in TV revenue. Football pays the freight.

There are a lot more basketball games.

The point is that Football and MBB are the only two sports that make money. Been that way for decades.

For some people to pretend that it isn't the case is just beyond stupid.

WTF are you talking about?
I was responding to someone who said Purdue has been a terrible program for decades.
It’s far from the truth, my response had nothing to do with us.

come on bro...stop with your sniper attack on my post.
I'm debating your statement that Purdue was hardly a terrible program.
I just added RU in there to show that we have the same results as Purdue.
The stats debunk your premise that Purdue is not terrible...in fact they are in the same shits show we are in.

we totaled 75 yards of offense in out last game. we had 1 yard passing on 5 attempts on saturday. we have been outscored 165 to 7 in 4 conference contests.we just lost 35 - 0 to INDIANA. this program is an all time, in all of football history terrible.

we totaled 75 yards of offense in out last game. we had 1 yard passing on 5 attempts on saturday. we have been outscored 165 to 7 in 4 conference contests.we just lost 35 - 0 to INDIANA. this program is an all time, in all of football history terrible.

So what? Ash has been fired. I will be more than happy and trilled to trade this season for a better HC. That is a very easy trade to make.

So what? Ash has been fired. I will be more than happy and trilled to trade this season for a better HC. That is a very easy trade to make.
you've traded the next two seasons too, and that is if things go well. this program as it stands today is an absolute laughingstock. from the AD on down it is a dumpster fire. i feel terrible for the players.

you've traded the next two seasons too, and that is if things go well. this program as it stands today is an absolute laughingstock. from the AD on down it is a dumpster fire. i feel terrible for the players.

ASH HAS BEEN FIRED.

I can't stress that enough, please stop acting like he wasn't fired. Sorry but time travel doesn't exist, we can't go back in time and hire someone else. Being upset that time travel doesn't exist will not change anything. Hiring a better HC will.

ASH HAS BEEN FIRED.

I can't stress that enough, please stop acting like he wasn't fired. Sorry but time travel doesn't exist, we can't go back in time and hire someone else. Being upset that time travel doesn't exist will not change anything. Hiring a better HC will.

Oh yeah. What about Mr. Peabody, Sherman and the WABAC machine??

4e6fe45f3aae8c182e1520dbf5c65ad0.jpg

Purdue has a NFL QB in the league right now.
Ok, Drew Brees is hurt and he did last play for them in 2000, but he is still in league.

:)

ASH HAS BEEN FIRED.

what the are you talking about? i like your optimism, but don't act like i'm irrational. this team is one of the worst college teams ever assembled, in the history of the sport. it is most definitely time to hit the panic button. we are at rock bottom with an ineffective administration and an underfunded budget. ash being fired means sh1t. firing ash does not win us 1 game. getting a capable new coach could win us a few. as we type this program is terrible and getting worse. for football coaches, rutgers is a professional black hole. it destroys everyone it can suck in with one exception, Greg and certain members of his staff. let's at least be honest . Rutgers football as an institution is a one long terrible joke. for god's sake, the original post in this thread asks if football is bad enough to screw up women's basketball.

Last edited:
what the are you talking about? i like your optimism, but don't act like i'm irrational. this team is one of the worst college teams ever assembled, in the history of the sport. it is most definitely time to hit the panic button. we are at rock bottom with an ineffective administration and an underfunded budget. ash being fired means sh1t. firing ash does not win us 1 game. getting a capable new coach could win us a few. as we type this program is terrible and getting worse. for football coaches, rutgers is a professional black hole. it destroys everyone it can suck in with one exception, Greg and certain members of his staff. let's at least be honest . Rutgers football as an institution is a one long terrible joke. for god's sake, the original post in this thread asks if football is bad enough to screw up women's basketball.

:eek:...kinda melodramatic no?

7N0v.gif

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge

FB indeed DOES drive the bus. BUT,it depends on who the bus driver is as to whether it gets to it's destination or not.

Reactions: RU#1fan

I forget the kids name but two years ago we had a kid verbal to the football program. Then he took an official visit to Chapel Hill and attended a home basketball game where the atmosphere was electric. He decommitted from RU and chose UNC on the spot.

So there is an example of how being good in one sport can help you get recruits in other sports.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Monmouth fans coming next September will put more money into the athletic department on one Saturday than WBB will put in the whole year.

Considering that they'll probably be walking away with their first win over a FBS team, they should be especially generous.

come on bro...stop with your sniper attack on my post.
I'm debating your statement that Purdue was hardly a terrible program.
I just added RU in there to show that we have the same results as Purdue.
The stats debunk your premise that Purdue is not terrible...in fact they are in the same shits show we are in.
I’m looking at a different win/loss record for Purdue over the last 30 years to present than you.

Eddie Jordan's team in 2016, his last year, was not the worst team in Div 1 (I assume this is what you mean and not really "whole NCAA" which would include Div 2 and 3). While that team was really bad, it was 24th percentile meaning 24% of the 350 Div 1 teams were worse (I am using Sagarin Ranking which is readily available and perfectly adequate for this purpose). They were indeed the worst Power 6 team (Power 5 + Big East) with Boston College being the next worst P6 (40th percentile). The closest B1G team was Minnesota @ 48th percentile.

This year's football team is currently 10th percentile across across the 130 FBS teams (again using Sagarin rankings) which means 10% of the teams are worse . Unfortunately we are the worst in P5 with the next nearest team being Vandy @ 20th percentile and Illinois is nearest B1G team at 21st percentile.

Given this strange version of RU athletics "Sophie's Choice", I would rather try to fix Jordan's basketball mess than Ash's disaster; there are no limitations on % of scholarships that can be turned over in a year and just a couple of players can make a huge impact for basketball. With football you can only award 25 new scholarships in any year and rebuilding the depth on both the offensive and defensive lines is going to take some time.

ADVERTISEMENT