ADVERTISEMENT

Country Music to outperform Syracuse football

Feb 4, 2004
Scranton, PA
Reactions: bori_blanco
http://www.nunesmagician.com/2016/7/14/12184410/syracuse-football-florida-georgia-line-attendance

Syracuse athletic officials are worried that no one with show up for the season opener of Syracuse vs. Colgate because a country music concert is happening across town at the same time.

God, I hate country music but if I had to choose between the two I'll be watching people in cowboy hats rather than helmets.
Kiss the Music City Bowl goodbye and that includes Colgate's chances too.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2016/7/14/12184410/syracuse-football-florida-georgia-line-attendance

Syracuse athletic officials are worried that no one with show up for the season opener of Syracuse vs. Colgate because a country music concert is happening across town at the same time.

God, I hate country music but if I had to choose between the two I'll be watching people in cowboy hats rather than helmets.

We don't play them anymore and are in different conferences so I don't care about Syracuse. I've cut the cord...

Reactions: ATIOH
MrScrew & I are currently in Nashville & heading to Memphis tomorrow. We are learning to love country music. #NashvilleIsAwesome

Reactions: miker183
Florida Georgia linneisnt really country. However, if they played close to RU same day we played 1AA we would lose fans.

...On the beach in Altantic City Saturday September 3rd 4PM-FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE. frankly know little of their music (my TM voucher tickets for them, did well) and much prefer to see the Jimmy Buffett (Aug 17th) and Zac Brown Band (Sept 1st) AC Beach shows but it's possible I'll be there instead of watching the game (could catch in a bar)-especially if my tailgate buddies go (hghly doubtful).

Theoretically since the game is away if I have the money and time I'd think about camping in the area-and catching both Zac and Florida Gerorgia Line. Also remote tailgate "group" possibilities as at least one of our crews frends (BigEastPhil) is supposedly in AC for another great show (brian Wllson) around that time. ZZ Top and Greg Allman (great set at PNC last year) play PNC the same night as Zac.

Colgate is a real party school. Their fans may well outnumber Cuse's in the parking lot.

MrScrew & I are currently in Nashville & heading to Memphis tomorrow. We are learning to love country music. #NashvilleIsAwesome
Pick a theme song the RU Band could play at one of the games, something a little up tempo. Sounds like it's a fun time in Music City. Enjoy !

It will be really funny if the Florida-Georgia Line concert is sold out and in the dome you can hear crickets!

They should combine the two. Like the time we went to play at Buffalo and they had the Village People as half time entertainment.

ADVERTISEMENT