ADVERTISEMENT

Court Club Meeting Yesterday?

Wasn't really secret or a Court Club meeting. The Court Club offering officially ended in February.

Invitation only event for some loyal fans that I helped the staff put together.

Attendees were treated to comments and a video presentation from Coach Pikiell for about 1 hour, followed by a 45 min Q/A. We were then given a tour of the new weight and locker room facilities at the RAC.

All told...Roughly 3 hours of RU basketball in June...Not too shabby!

BTW...

If anyone who was able to be with us wishes to discuss, please feel free to do so...

BK - Thanks so much. Was a great event as is every meeting with Coach Pikiell and Staff. We are so lucky to have him as our HC - and I strongly encourage those sitting on the fence to support the Court Club and join!

I am so excited for the season to start already!

Reactions: eja92 and LC-88
They did the presentation in a RAC concourse? Thank goodness we're getting a new facility!

I know I'm not the first to say it but when the time comes, if Brian is not on that ladder to cut down a little of the net a few of us will not be happy.

I can tell you that Coach gave a presentation showing how we improved in many areas last season over the 2015-16 season stats. He pointed out where we finished in various categories like rebounding, defending the three etc. in regards to what # we were in the nation and what we were the previous year. I think he pointed out between 8-12 categories. It was most impressive. He would like to improve many offensive stats as well. I can also say that he spoke very highly on our four new recruits: Johnson, Baker. Mensah & Kiss. For me it was a real treat.

I can tell you that Coach gave a presentation showing how we improved in many areas last season over the 2015-16 season stats. He pointed out where we finished in various categories like rebounding, defending the three etc. in regards to what # we were in the nation and what we were the previous year. I think he pointed out between 8-12 categories. It was most impressive. He would like to improve many offensive stats as well. I can also say that he spoke very highly on our four new recruits: Johnson, Baker. Mensah & Kiss. For me it was a real treat.

Can you give 1 tidbit that Pikiell mentioned about each recruit, specifically, those that will play this year.....Baker, Johnson and Mensah ?

Here's a tidbit Souf is fast!! Pike said it numerous times and got a chuckle from the crowd. Souf is a gym rat and looks to be leader... really into S&C and boxing too!! With coach van dyke team is going to facility to do some Souf boxing workouts. An important note was all 4 recruits are excellent passers!!!! Another point people complain about easy OOC schedule but we had # 1 toughest schedule in BIG last year. As I said before, we have a great coach who is so buttoned up in every detail and the power point shows it.

Reactions: higgins3
people complain about easy OOC schedule but we had # 1 toughest schedule in BIG last year.

That's pretty laughable. I could put together a baseball team to play in MLB, but we wouldn't come close to winning any of the games. That doesn't mean we get credit for beating up a bunch of semi-pro teams. The OOC schedule is weak sauce. It's the worst in the P5, by a WIDE margin. I don't think many care right now because the team is really bad. Once Pikiell has the team clearly on the upswing, I would hope the OOC gets decisively more difficult. Either you're bush league or your B1G. Pick one, not both.

Last time I checked we're still in the B1G, right?

Once we get a little better and get invited to some holiday type tournaments that will be good enough for the OCC games.

Here's a tidbit Souf is fast!! Pike said it numerous times and got a chuckle from the crowd. Souf is a gym rat and looks to be leader... really into S&C and boxing too!! With coach van dyke team is going to facility to do some Souf boxing workouts. An important note was all 4 recruits are excellent passers!!!! Another point people complain about easy OOC schedule but we had # 1 toughest schedule in BIG last year. As I said before, we have a great coach who is so buttoned up in every detail and the power point shows it.

Very exciting to see how the team shapes up. Souf is on fire. You can kiss that three away. The Baker is heating up.

Anymore? Hahaha. Just having some fun.

Was there any mention of what Pikiell wants to do with that last roster spot still open ?

Rutgers may have had the toughest schedule in the Big Ten last year, but that is largely attributable to our team's level of play. Here is a link for NCAA College Basketball Non-Conference SOS Rankings. Our overall rank is #256. None of the other Big Ten teams are even close, let alone below us. Rutgers season ticket buyers deserve sainthood. And a sports lobotomy.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other

Overall SOS was #92.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/sos

Last edited:
Wasn't really secret or a Court Club meeting. The Court Club offering officially ended in February.

Invitation only event for some loyal fans that I helped the staff put together.

Attendees were treated to comments and a video presentation from Coach Pikiell for about 1 hour, followed by a 45 min Q/A. We were then given a tour of the new weight and locker room facilities at the RAC.

All told...Roughly 3 hours of RU basketball in June...Not too shabby!

How does one get on this loyalty list?

Randomly chosen from over 500 Court Club members past and present. Literally assigned and pulled numbers to make the initial round of invites so as to eliminate any perceived bias (short of the commonality of the Club).

72 invites went out, 54 attended, which was 4 over my "limit" for the evening.

It wasn't meant to be an extravaganza or must see TV...Just a friendly gathering

Reactions: Local Shill
I believe coach said he would like the 13th guy to be a possible starter but I don't know if he meant for this coming season as if he took a regular transfer he would sit out this coming season. I think he wants the best available player.

I believe coach said he would like the 13th guy to be a possible starter but I don't know if he meant for this coming season as if he took a regular transfer he would sit out this coming season. I think he wants the best available player.

I don't know the context in which he said it, but, it sounds like he may be looking at a grad transfer that can compete for the starting center spot. Pure speculation on my part .

ADVERTISEMENT