ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 has hit the Illinois football team.

Although - unless I miss my guess - they should be able to field a team in time for our Nov. 14 game. That is, if they're actually diligent enough about monitoring things (unlike Wisconsin .. cough cough).

• Wow
Reactions: redking
They can play during the built-in bye weeks...oh wait!

I wonder how much the CFP committee phone has been ringing this week with that dolt Warren begging the selection timelines to be pushed into feb...

winter football...some of you were cool with that, right?🥶❄️☃️💨

Reactions: Plum Street
Warren and the B1G initially decided the safest way was to cancel the season for the Fall. Given the spring and summer infection rates, and the current data at the time of analyzing myocarditis rates among the conference's athletes, not an unwise decision. They realized the financial implications, witnessed other Power 5 leagues getting back on the field and changed course. Safety of the athletes and mitigating the spread of infection are paramount. It's not a big deal the conference doesnt have a bye week or two to absorb infection clusters. Infections are gonna happen...it has happened. More cancellations are likely in store and a good chance teams can have multiple weeks where they cant play. Bye weeks might have helped, but there is a chance they wouldn't even matter if teams have multiple weeks of suspended activities. Enjoy the football while we have it.

Warren and the B1G initially decided the safest way was to cancel the season for the Fall. Given the spring and summer infection rates, and the current data at the time of analyzing myocarditis rates among the conference's athletes, not an unwise decision. They realized the financial implications, witnessed other Power 5 leagues getting back on the field and changed course. Safety of the athletes and mitigating the spread of infection are paramount. It's not a big deal the conference doesnt have a bye week or two to absorb infection clusters. Infections are gonna happen...it has happened. More cancellations are likely in store and a good chance teams can have multiple weeks where they cant play. Bye weeks might have helped, but there is a chance they wouldn't even matter if teams have multiple weeks of suspended activities. Enjoy the football while we have it.

Way too logical.

Must hysterically repeat the same complaints and flailing accusations, over and over again ...like a real man😒

The SEC ‘tests’ for COVID-19 the same way they ‘test’ for anabolic steroids or the way they ‘test’ for academic performance.

Yes, their testing is a disgrace. So many dead bodies on all those teams. Truly tragic, then they have 20% of fans in the stands on top of it! I can't believe they are giving people the freedom to make their own decisions here. They should be following what NJ and Michigan do...and Europe too. Europe is great, masks everywhere and bolted into the home. Definitely won't lead to any spikes.

Reactions: SF88
Yes, their testing is a disgrace. So many dead bodies on all those teams. Truly tragic, then they have 20% of fans in the stands on top of it! I can't believe they are giving people the freedom to make their own decisions here. They should be following what NJ and Michigan do...and Europe too. Europe is great, masks everywhere and bolted into the home. Definitely won't lead to any spikes.
Nope - not taking the bait. If you can't understand that it's not just the athletes, but it's trying to control the spread of the disease, then it's not worth arguing with you. All I'm gonna say is, yes, you are correct, COVID-19 has not affected anyone in SEC country.

Nope - not taking the bait. If you can't understand that it's not just the athletes, but it's trying to control the spread of the disease, then it's not worth arguing with you. All I'm gonna say is, yes, you are correct, COVID-19 has not affected anyone in SEC country.
It's definitely not worth it. You're wasting your time with the "rounding the curve" crowd.
BTW, Jimmy Kimmel had a great video on his show the other night where he showed a series of clips of people rounding curves. Absolutely hilarious.

Big really blew it. September was the month to play football. They should have done a August -October season. What a mistake
I sure hope RU doesn't have a COVID outbreak of it's own starting Monday. Would be a terrible shame to miss the Ohio State game.

Well said. We also didn't have the daily antigen testing back in August and it's the way to go for testing regularly. Also, in this year of COVID, either the B1G will name division winners with some incomplete seasons on time or the playoffs will wait for us and the Pac-12 and just do it in January, which isn't a big deal.

Reactions: LETSGORU91

If you are under 69 years old you have a 99.8% survival rate. You're acting looney tunes thinking that everyones grandma will die.

Reactions: bac2therac
I wonder who they played last Saturday
What's missing in these pictures?

5f99bf00aa0bf.image.jpg

USATSI_15124076.jpg

5f9739dd02954.preview.jpg

Then we shouldn't be shutting down. That has led to people losing their businesses, savings, drug abuse going up, suicides up, domestic abuse up, etc.
Reasonable people with co-moribidities, like a few people in my family, have kept themselves mostly sheltered and out of stores, restaurants, etc. Family (us) and friends help them with shopping so that they can avoid or minimize exposure to the virus. That is the reasonable way to proceed. There is a thing in this country people seem to forget- personal responsibility for your own health and well being. That includes keeping yourself in good physical condition by following a reasonable diet and an exercise regimen. But for many people, they are too busy gouging themselves with garbage food and the only exercise they get is pointing their fingers at others.

Reasonable people with co-moribidities, like a few people in my family, have kept themselves mostly sheltered and out of stores, restaurants, etc. Family (us) and friends help them with shopping so that they can avoid or minimize exposure to the virus. That is the reasonable way to proceed. There is a thing in this country people seem to forget- personal responsibility for your own health and well being. That includes keeping yourself in good physical condition by following a reasonable diet and an exercise regimen. But for many people, they are too busy gouging themselves with garbage food and the only exercise they get is pointing their fingers at others.

Agreed. Protect the elderly and those who are seriously compromised. Everyone else wants and is getting on with their life.

Agreed. Protect the elderly and those who are seriously compromised. Everyone else wants and is getting on with their life.
I would have replied sooner but my WiFi is not working in my basement. I had to cpme upstairs to use the Loo and saw this thread. I’ll be back up to check it in 5 hours. Mask is on along with face shield.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
All common sense stuff. just like social distance and wearing a mask.

Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT