ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very true statement.

If so many agree the media(or certain parts of the media) are not to be trusted, then why do so many people focus on them?

because people are sheep, they dont consume their news from a variety of news sources..they dont ask questions, they accept what is fed to them...I know people find me annoying in this thread but i ask questions, i presents some media and information that the msm does not cover or even ask

ive been following Alex Berenson on twitter and he is a breath of fresh air about coronavirus

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
The overall fatality trends in the country have come down because the states that were hit hard early have seen there deaths decrease significantly from untenable numbers, but that should not be seen as a sign that current case increases will not lead to an increase in deaths.

Check the deaths of states that have had recent spikes in cases, they are trending upward.

well California is hands down leading new deaths but for some reason everytime I turn on the news its about Florida, Texas, and Arizona..hmmm

and NJ is still #3

because people are sheep, they dont consume their news from a variety of news sources..they dont ask questions, they accept what is fed to them...I know people find me annoying in this thread but i ask questions, i presents some media and information that the msm does not cover or even ask

ive been following Alex Berenson on twitter and he is a breath of fresh air about coronavirus
I don't even know who Alex Berenson is, but the fact that you follow him, does that not make him the shepherd and you the sheep?

The data is out there.

well California is hands down leading new deaths but for some reason everytime I turn on the news its about Florida, Texas, and Arizona..hmmm

and NJ is still #3
NJ still being #3 is a warning for all these states currently seeing spikes in cases, these cases linger and the death counts linger for months.

California is the biggest state in the country. AZ and Florida do have higher deaths per population. Texas does not.

Florida's current case #'s, given the population of each state, not to mention positivity rates, is more concerning then Cali's.

Which is not to say Cali is not a concern.

The overall fatality trends in the country have come down because the states that were hit hard early have seen there deaths decrease significantly from untenable numbers, but that should not be seen as a sign that current case increases will not lead to an increase in deaths.

Check the deaths of states that have had recent spikes in cases, they are trending upward.
California's deaths have not trended upwards. Their cases have been trending upwards since mid-to-late May. Same goes for Florida where daily deaths have not risen.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me what they see here:
what about deaths...our daily deaths continue to go down although some keep waiting for them to go up dramatically
and cases in Florida, Texas and Arizona have been rising for weeks yet death rate keeps declining.

Sure they have.

And don't post a link to the FL dashboard.
Worldometer FL:

GVPO2up_TsEWKB-3p8D3i8dmLqWxr2uEA13T5yvGxQDtXxfnrmIgYd3a6TkeMtbDS1svnXjFMv1fNckEvyGstG_Dd--uTsK87Za8JfsTeortJIV2OWqxb_-gofPEHUUwt-0Axto8

Arizona's cases have been increasing since May 27th. There 7-day moving avg deaths was 27 on May 8th and is 36 today:

R1A3ovnjeNWgC6JcnFCG5ZSxSdJ_GZ5OBQkMxDYHWxpKFPaA32GmZ_sh2Qa-PCveTxiuxfFsNhGIQ71PpAWUMffKjCBOOILjAfO10E8-jAopr2aDnLzhTS0uNHPUL3qHJOXFfJMX

Last edited:
Reactions: jreinsdorf
Worldometer FL:

GVPO2up_TsEWKB-3p8D3i8dmLqWxr2uEA13T5yvGxQDtXxfnrmIgYd3a6TkeMtbDS1svnXjFMv1fNckEvyGstG_Dd--uTsK87Za8JfsTeortJIV2OWqxb_-gofPEHUUwt-0Axto8

Arizona's cases have been increasing since May 27th. There 7-day moving avg deaths was 27 on May 8th and is 36 today:

R1A3ovnjeNWgC6JcnFCG5ZSxSdJ_GZ5OBQkMxDYHWxpKFPaA32GmZ_sh2Qa-PCveTxiuxfFsNhGIQ71PpAWUMffKjCBOOILjAfO10E8-jAopr2aDnLzhTS0uNHPUL3qHJOXFfJMX
So we agree the death totals are increasing.

Remember it was just two weeks ago that FL was reporting a new high in cases at 2783.

I mean we could just wait until hospitals and morgues are overrun, like they were in NYC, or we could try to get ahead of the curve.

So we agree the death totals are increasing.

Remember it was just two weeks ago that FL was reporting a new high in cases at 2783.

I mean we could just wait until hospitals and morgues are overrun, like they were in NYC, or we could try to get ahead of the curve.
The 7-day daily case MA has been increasing since June 4th. If you look at that graph and say 7DMA daily deaths are increasing you are an imbecile. Welcome to ignore.

On May 5th Texas 7-day moving Avg deaths was 38. Today is 35.

MjVEZVjTj-VBKpuR2NiL3lLhxGbLjkvjJSfWrZAztBMtEIxLpvnVUw71cDODBkAPmvJde3AzaC1bpZhYzvH1ETImtRZ89TMHQbSGjhdFj7TkdTyguhUF-hJqL__J6LRHK_4V3jlE
So before it leveled off and began to increase again it was higher then it is now?

Sorry man, this is some poor reading fo the data. A pretty obvious increase since June 13th ish.

Last edited:
That is what the CDC is saying. You can have a positive antibody test for Covid that stems from the common cold.
Yes you can but the numbers reported are only for the current virus. If you test for any antibodies it doesn't matter. You are negative unless you test postive for Corona.

So before leveled off and began to increase again it was higher then it is now?

Sorry man, this is some poor reading fo the data. A pretty obvious increase since June 13th ish.
Texas Daily Death chart with trendline:

IH5FLraQ4yXYrEyYpWMbC9Sikem0r1vZ4SdL8lV_GYTWbgPdFEPuQHFk933f3T-4kBfScQS0f50PVORBm_8dszf9ecDLuv5F6jQ91nnw4FBu54mQ3pSoC6qL__QQG6TCcNXiQC9A

Even the recent increase over the last few days is from 26 to 36. That is the big concerning increase? Texas has roughly the same number of cases as NJ and 1/6 of the deaths. The big upward trend is from 26 to 36? GTFO

So according to the CDC you can have a positive antibody if you had the common cold? How inaccurate is that. I had a cold in the last few months so I may test positive. Seems nobody has a clue about this yet.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html

XRcAOjdO.jpeg

Antibody test, not PCR test. So if you're thinking "some of these positive tests are people who had colds," you would be mistaken.

The likely reason is that there are 3 known coronaviruses that cause "common cold".

Reactions: Greg2020
The 7-day daily case MA has been increasing since June 4th. If you look at that graph and say 7DMA daily deaths are increasing you are an imbecile. Welcome to ignore.
You are aware Sunday and Monday reportings are typically significantly lower then midweek reportings and thus drag down 7 day averages?

Also note this Sunday-Monday reporting was significantly higher then previous Sunday-Monday. Almost double last weeks. Which was more then double the same time of the previous week.

Let's check this graph again on Friday. See how it looks.

"Edward Nardell, professor of medicine and of global health and social medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS) and professor of environmental health and of immunology and infectious diseases at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, said that hot summer temperatures can create situations similar to those in winter, when respiratory ailments tend to surge, driving people indoors to breathe — and rebreathe —air that typically is little refreshed from outside"

Weeks ago I mentioned AC and outdoor heat probably being a factor. I spent a horrible summer in Florida one year, and I know how bad heat can get outside. Weeks ago Phoenix was hitting 106-110 F each day.

In a lot of southern and western states its also harvesting season and lot of migrants from Mexico where coming to US to work the farms. Mexico's CV increase, and the US increase are fairly lined-up

Texas Daily Death chart with trendline:

IH5FLraQ4yXYrEyYpWMbC9Sikem0r1vZ4SdL8lV_GYTWbgPdFEPuQHFk933f3T-4kBfScQS0f50PVORBm_8dszf9ecDLuv5F6jQ91nnw4FBu54mQ3pSoC6qL__QQG6TCcNXiQC9A

Even the recent increase over the last few days is from 26 to 36. That is the big concerning increase? Texas has roughly the same number of cases as NJ and 1/6 of the deaths. The big upward trend is from 26 to 36? GTFO
Yeah, came down, and is now going up, it's very clear in that graph. Today they reported their highest death totals since May 21st. Do we think this is not going to continue upward without some sort of mitigation? Even that will take time to show effects.

The concern for Texas is not the right now, it's the future if they let cases spike the way they have been.

It's true they don't want to be anything like NJ at it's worst.

Does this mean you don't understand this? Look at the graphs.

But like I said, let's check back on Friday.
No, we are laughing at how silly you are...

Here is a little help for you. What do you notice about using a 7DMA?

Day Reported (Days reported)
Sunday (M, Tu, W, Th, Fr, Sa, Su)
Monday (Tu, W, Th, Fr, Sa, Su, M)
Tuesday (W, Th, Fr, Sa, Su, M, Tu)
Wednesday (Th, Fr, Sa, Su, M, Tu, W)
etc
etc

Do you see a pattern here? Hint, every day a 7DMA is reported it includes exactly one Sunday and Monday report. Do you now understand why I posted that GIF?

Reactions: ATIOH
valid question I have answered many times but since there are 250 pages in this thread I don't expect anyone to have read it all. However I have been very consistent about masks from day one.
First off I am not against masks at all especially indoors. What I am totally against are posts that I recently replied to that say masks are a leading, and in some cases, the leading factor of stopping the spread. It is a bunch of nonsense. The #1 most important thing we can do is social distance. And it's not even close. However since masks are such a hot button in this society the focus has been nearly 100% about masks. There are countless commercials with famous local and national people telling people to mask up. I saw 3 different billboards the past 2 days in Cape May County about masks. Meanwhile. Social distancing has taken a back seat. Do you think for a second that the South is getting sick because of no masks or packed beaches and bars?
Here is my other problem with masks. We tell people to constantly wear masks but we don't tell them the correct why to wear it. In my store maybe 50% of the people are wearing it wrong. What is worse is the state law requires people to wear a mask to enter a supermarket but they are slowly figuring out that there is no law that they can be thrown out or arrested once they are in the store without one.
As for what other countries did better than the US is countless. First off they were better suited to handle it from a hospital standpoint as the US was way down on the list of ICU beds as a % population. Testing, tracing... #s and I agree on one thing 100%. The US had a playbook to implement. The current leadership choose to ignore it.

@WhiteBus, thank you for responding to my question. I appreciate it and now better understand your point of view.

Given what we are seeing in terms of "case explosion" (outside of NJ anyway), I guess my preference is that we do BOTH - social distance and mask up correctly whenever we cannot be socially distant.

I feel like we could be so much better off and have way less confusion if we had real leadership and clarity of communications, as a way out of this infighting and politicization of this crisis!

My hypothesis re this brutally pointless finger pointing and abdication of leadership is that with the election looming, many politicians are all trying desperately to win in November and are seeing this crisis in a binary fashion as either "not my fault" or "totally his fault". And we the people are suffering terribly for it. It is shocking to me to see how poorly we - as a nation - are doing compared to almost ANY OTHER COUNTRY on earth! WTF? Heck, all of Europe, and even countries most Americans typically think "less" of like Iran, China, Venezuela (!!!) all seem to have recovered better than we have (as best as we can tell).

How did we become such a patchwork of states each one doing its own thing? I do my best to avoid politics but the lack of singular Federal leadership at this time of such crisis PAINS me, and in my opinion, is a huge contributing factor to our situation. That doesn't mean I am all about blaming Trump; as people have stated, important agencies like the CDC haven't exactly covered themselves in glory!

However, the fact remains that we desperately need a cohesive - NATIONWIDE - framework and strategy. We need to win as a nation and not as regional areas or, worse still, red/blue states. That awful path only leads to democracy losing and Putin/China winning! We find it so easy to blame protestors, partying idiots, governors who open states up "too soon", others who are inconsistent in their planning on what to open/close, etc. ALL of that could be muted with a nationwide plan and ongoing clear communications.

Finally, this open/close discussion is a false dichotomy. We need a logical, economically-sound, and science-backed approach to craft a staged, CLEARLY explained & communicated plan to dig out of where we are. Which must be led from the top.

There are frameworks for what to do; for example, #s had posted a McKinsey article on how to get out of this, much of which made sense to me. I'm fervently hoping ...

No, we are laughing at what an idiot you are...

Here is a little help for you. What do you notice about using a 7DMA?

Day Reported (Days reported)
Sunday (M, Tu, W, Th, Fr, Sa, Su)
Monday (Tu, W, Th, Fr, Sa, Su, M)
Tuesday (W, Th, Fr, Sa, Su, M, Tu)
Wednesday (Th, Fr, Sa, Su, M, Tu, W)
etc
etc

Do you see a pattern here? Hint, every day a 7DMA is reported it includes exactly one Sunday and Monday report. Do you now understand why I posted that GIF?

7 day moving average on June 13th. 20
7 day moving average on June 30th. 35.

Almost double in 17 days.

Barely noticeable.

AZ's 7dma bottomed out on May 27th at 12 per day.

Today, a little over a month since, it's at 36. 3x's that average from May 27th.

Is 1000 deaths a month a big deal for a state? Maybe not. But what # is a big deal?

Did you know it doubled in one day between 3/24 and 3/25?
Because of uneven reporting after a weekend session in which 4 deaths were reported over 2 days which brought the average down(see my point above), and then the correction in which 120 deaths were reported over two days.

That is irrelevant to the overall trend though.

Reactions: Greg2020
AZ's 7dma bottomed out on May 27th at 12 per day.

Today, a little over a month since, it's at 36. 3x's that average from May 27th.

Is 1000 deaths a month a big deal for a state? Maybe not. But what # is a big deal?
The goal is to avoid overrunning our ICUs. Flatten the curve has the same area under the curve as without measures. The goal was never avoid casualties as that would require destroying the whole world economy. Without a vaccine or treatment to avoid deaths, we have to accept this for what it is as long as we do not overrun hospitals.

Hopefully we have learned enough to avoid the death rates seen in NY/NJ through earlier and better treatment.

Last edited:
Because of uneven reporting after a weekend session in which 4 deaths were reported over 2 days which brought the average down(see my point above), and then the correction in which 120 deaths were reported over two days.

That is irrelevant to the overall trend though.
Nope it went from 1 to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT