ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
because trying to impose fines is going down a slippery slope. I see the mayor of Miami Beach will give out $50 fines for those not wearing masks on the beach.....lol
I agree the outdoor nature of the beach adds a different element.

But if we as citizens did not want to have the gov't impose restrictions, if we want people to stay healthy, if we want the economy to remain somewhat functioning, why don't we voluntarily wear masks? Keep the gov't out of it?

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
I think it's bizarre that people are still refusing to wear masks, but here we are.

I agree people should be wearing masks in stores and government offices and banks, yes...but since Fauci and the CDC f'd up the messaging its hard to put the genie back in the bottle

and again there is no clear cut evidence that masks are the end all be all, see my article posted above, see the cdc and who statements, see the NE Journal of Medicine

Reactions: King of S
I agree the outdoor nature of the beach adds a different element.

But if we as citizens did not want to have the gov't impose restrictions, if we want people to stay healthy, if we want the economy to remain somewhat functioning, why don't we voluntarily wear masks? Keep the gov't out of it?

why....why should healthy people wear masks...it wasnt done in other pandemics...the sick wear it, perhaps those who are at risk should be sheltering until the vaccine instead of putting the stress on the rest of us

and nobody bring up the grandma and grandpa argument since obviously no one cared about them in March and April

where does NJ rank in daily and total deaths..thanks..compare to those 3 states...can you bring up the numbers of daily deaths and total deaths..thanks
We all know NJ has had way more deaths then those states. The idea is to not have those states see spikes in deaths. We are already seeing increases in deaths in each of those other states.

But todays daily #'s show

Edit updated #'s

AZ with 88 deaths.
CA with 83
FL with 49
TX with 44
NJ with 36.

Not sure if those are the final #'s as Texas and maybe Cali tend to have results continue to come in later in the day. FL and AZ are most likely the final daily #'s.

Last edited:
and where is the line drawn for the goal to not where masks...when does it end...who determines that, what is the data point..no one is telling us that..when is it okay and why

so we have a whole bunch of things in life that we deal with that are RISKS...life is about risks....when you start thinking that way you will start questioning just what is the end game and why Co Vid has caused us to say wait the government has to control your risk....maybe we will wear masks for the next 50 years...good luck with that society

We all know NJ has had way more deaths then those states. The idea is to not have those states see spikes in deaths. We are already seeing increases in deaths in each of those other states.

But todays daily #'s show

AZ with 88 deaths.
CA with 71
FL with 49
NJ with 35
TX with 25.

Not sure if those are the final #'s as Texas and maybe Cali tend to have results continue to come in later in the day. FL and AZ are most likely the final daily #'s.

i thought the goal was to flatten the curve...we all knew spikes would happen. Whats the end game here..can you explain, seems the goalsposts are moving towards keeping people locked down until there is a vaccine

and im not posting this to troll..i am seriously asking these questions because no one in public health or government or media is answering these questions. In the meantime data is trickling in that our public and mental health not even getting to economic health is rapidly deteroriating

murders up, drug overdoses up, suicides up

I agree people should be wearing masks in stores and government offices and banks, yes...but since Fauci and the CDC f'd up the messaging its hard to put the genie back in the bottle

and again there is no clear cut evidence that masks are the end all be all, see my article posted above, see the cdc and who statements, see the NE Journal of Medicine

I'll ignore the obvious political reply here but, get over Fauci's mixed message from early March. Some people want to find any reason possible to act like children. That goes for both sides.

and where is the line drawn for the goal to not where masks...when does it end...who determines that, what is the data point..no one is telling us that..when is it okay and why

so we have a whole bunch of things in life that we deal with that are RISKS...life is about risks....when you start thinking that way you will start questioning just what is the end game and why Co Vid has caused us to say wait the government has to control your risk....maybe we will wear masks for the next 50 years...good luck with that society
The gov't does need to control risks when the hospital systems are threatened to be over run.

I'll ignore the obvious political reply here but, get over Fauci's mixed message from early March. Some people want to find any reason possible to act like children. That goes for both sides.

its not political. Fauci said on 60 minutes interview that healthy people should not be walking around wearing masks...i didnt make that up, do you want to see the video

Reactions: LETSGORU91
drug overdoses up bigly the past few months...washington post linked

Eb2tJy7XgAAAL7C
Yep, we can't keep the country shutdown until there is a cure or vaccine.

Reactions: LC-88 and biker7766
i thought the goal was to flatten the curve...we all knew spikes would happen. Whats the end game here..can you explain, seems the goalsposts are moving towards keeping people locked down until there is a vaccine

and im not posting this to troll..i am seriously asking these questions because no one in public health or government or media is answering these questions. In the meantime data is trickling in that our public and mental health not even getting to economic health is rapidly deteroriating

If people would wear masks then we could get people back to work, and help the mental health aspect, but we also don't want the gov't to mandate masks.

But what is the end game? It is to buy time until treatments or better yet a vaccine get here. We have seen results in terms of the former, some decent early results on the latter.

We do know that if we let this thing run freely it kills in mass.

If people would wear masks then we could get people back to work, and help the mental health aspect, but we also don't want the gov't to mandate masks.

But what is the end game? It is to buy time until treatments or better yet a vaccine get here. We have seen results in terms of the former, some decent early results on the latter.

We do know that if we let this thing run freely it kills in mass.

who does it kill en masse? what is the actual death rate when all is said and done and you add up all those peeps who already had it without knowing or currently have it and are asymptomatic

how is England doing now, how about Italy

interesting....can you tell me why the Javits Center and Navy ship were never used

84% of nj deaths still coming from nursing homes
I can't. I don't quite understand it.

But it didn't sound like they were ever set up to treat covid patients. It was more to pull non covid patients out of harms way.

Should they have used it? I think so.

Would it have cut fatalities in any significant way? I don't know.

apparently its just Savannah and basically just for any retail store or public enclosed case and they will hand out masks to you before they end up givining you a fine, its more shock value than anything else.

I have no qualms about masks in any stores or post office, banks, etc...its in an open aired environment or on the streets that I am vehemently against
Is Savannah the hot spot for GA? If yes, it probably makes sense.

But it didn't sound like they were ever set up to treat covid patients. It was more to pull non covid patients out of harms way.

why wouldnt they send elderly patients there to recover instead of to nursing homes to kill more

also no one is answering why antibody testing is being downplayed in this country, i would think its something that we would welcome, wouldnt everyone want to know if they had it or not

do people who had coronavirus and recovered or had antibodies get to not wear masks

Three thoughts:

1) This is a seat belt for a pandemic. Some people are good drivers, some people are bad drivers, some people are good drivers who have the misfortune of crossing the intersection at the same time as a bad driver. Some of us are healthy, some of us are sick. Most of the healthy will stay healthy, most of the sick will confine themselves to home. Some of the healthy will have the misfortune of running into a sick person. Seems like masks can reduce the consequences.

2) If masks are mostly just theater because situations like the above are few and far between, they are still worth it if they make people feel better. @sunsetregret likened them to airport security procedures a few months back. To which I say, that’s not a bad thing. Whatever gets the consumer comfortable and confident again should be warmly embraced by all of us.

3) I did a Rick Perry on this one

Alex Berenson is a source of disinformation. That was a small group of people who were already hospitalized tested. That was not a random sampling. Alex claims hospitalizations aren't going up from Corona and that it's elective surgeries and people there for the surgeries are testing positive. He has no idea what he is talking about.

Figures as much. Was thinking no way NC is that high.

Reactions: Greg2020
Three thoughts:

1) This is a seat belt for a pandemic. Some people are good drivers, some people are bad drivers, some people are good drivers who have the misfortune of crossing the intersection at the same time as a bad driver. Some of us are healthy, some of us are sick. Most of the healthy will stay healthy, most of the sick will confine themselves to home. Some of the healthy will have the misfortune of running into a sick person. Seems like masks can reduce the consequences.

2) If masks are mostly just theater because situations like the above are few and far between, they are still worth it if they make people feel better. @sunsetregret likened them to airport security procedures a few months back. To which I say, that’s not a bad thing. Whatever gets the consumer comfortable and confident again should be warmly embraced by all of us.

3) I did a Rick Perry on this one

I dont necessarily disagree...however the moral shaming going on is the perplexing thing. The data is still flimsy on actual protection and mandating things go down a slippery slope of overreach by government.

again I wear masks in stores and I think that should be basic requirement everywhere indoors so dont have an issue with that...but again where is the finish line..who gets to determine that...when you government and media determine that you are going to run into problems

Last edited:

Javits Center and the US Navy hospital ship Comfort were set-up to care for covid patients.

No One knows the answers . The whole thing behind the shutdowns was so hospitals wouldn’t be overrun

No One knows the answers . The whole thing behind the shutdowns was so hospitals wouldn’t be overrun

but now they are saying masks are the most important thing...so why did we shutdown at all then, why didnt we just wear masks and social distance while keeping most things open

remember half the deaths came from nursing homes

why wouldnt they send elderly patients there to recover instead of to nursing homes to kill more

also no one is answering why antibody testing is being downplayed in this country, i would think its something that we would welcome, wouldnt everyone want to know if they had it or not

do people who had coronavirus and recovered or had antibodies get to not wear masks
Because antibody testing has had issues with accuracy, as mentioned at length for a while in the old thread.

but now they are saying masks are the most important thing...so why did we shutdown at all then, why didnt we just wear masks and social distance while keeping most things open

remember half the deaths came from nursing homes

Hindsight is 20/20. If the whole country did a real shutdown together in March/April for a month this might be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT