ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The things I learn on this board will never end. Very interesting. And cool. Maybe I should get over those commercials already.
If you buy the entire Peloton system it very expensive. What you see on TV commercials is the complete system. Bike and monitor mostly but there are easy ways to set up a smart TV and use any indoor trainer or you road bike to use it by just getting a membership online.

It definitely slowed it and prevented it from overwhelming the healthcare system. And if you put yourself in complete lockdown and/or wore an N.99 mask, you'd keep the virus from infecting you.

Nothing like a hurricane. Horrific analogy.
Actually you are wrong about the N95 masks. Many hospital workers still got sick. The first two sick employees at my store caught it from their spouse who were both Emergency Room workers, who were the only people that always had the N95 in the beginning. Agree it slowed it down. But it hasn't stopped it at all. We've taken a pandemic and just streched it out for 5 months and counting. I said all along. We have been just kicking the can down the road. The US total numbers prove that.

I'd rather gain 200 pounds and die than be like one of the silly people in a Peloton commercial. I guess if you live in a city, it's a thing, but if you live in the suburbs, why not ride a bike outdoors?
You can and people most likely went out and spent money on a good bike

My neighbors who think the entire covid thing is a hoax and who is a gym rat just outfitted his basement and my buddy who is a contractor and had 3 gym memberships said he will never go back to a gym,

Several years ago, I bought one of these off of Craigslist for $100. These vintage Schwinns are the shit.
9 Tabata/HIIT cycles of 30 sec/90 sec, and you are fried. Sometimes that workout is more draining than a 3 hour mountain bike ride with hills.

FhOwt28.jpg
That is one of the best work out equipment you can use

I have one in my basement

You can and people most likely went out and spent money on a good bike

My neighbors who think the entire covid thing is a hoax and who is a gym rat just outfitted his basement and my buddy who is a contractor and had 3 gym memberships said he will never go back to a gym,
I've never seen so many cyclists on the road everywhere. I ride nearly everyday. Philly is crazy. Every bike store has sold out of bikes and any equipment you can think of. And hard routes I have taken solo for years I see people on obscure routes I never saw before.
Funny story from last week. 3 of us were out last week planning a group ride. Looking at alternatives. We were riding through Haddonfield from Philly when we caught up to a solo rider who asked where we where headed. We said A.C. through Hammonton. He laughed said I'm good to Hammonton can I join up. We were thrilled to have another guy take a spin up front. By Hammonton we were 11 cyclists with us. There were 7 of us that finished up in A.C. Awesome.

Reactions: thegock
Actually you are wrong about the N95 masks. Many hospital workers still got sick. The first two sick employees at my store caught it from their spouse who were both Emergency Room workers, who were the only people that always had the N95 in the beginning. Agree it slowed it down. But it hasn't stopped it at all. We've taken a pandemic and just streched it out for 5 months and counting. I said all along. We have been just kicking the can down the road. The US total numbers prove that.

I said N.99, and there's also a 100, but no matter, we agree it slowed it down, not stopped. The implication of the quote that there's nothing we can do but throw our hands up is what I disagree with. You can't slow down a hurricane so you just have to watch it wreak unfettered havoc. This is not that.

Reactions: Greg2020
I said N.99, and there's also a 100, but no matter, we agree it slowed it down, not stopped. The implication of the quote that there's nothing we can do but throw our hands up is what I disagree with. You can't slow down a hurricane so you just have to watch it wreak unfettered havoc. This is not that.
How is it different? We are just taking a Hurricane and having it stall for 5 months. The end result is the same. Devastation.

How is it different? We are just taking a Hurricane and having it stall for 5 months. The end result is the same. Devastation.

No, we're taking a hurricane, weakening its intensity and preventing the worse devastation it could have caused.

Huh? What? We are the worst in the world by any number group you use.

It's not particularly confusing. No one's comparing us to the world.

If we took no measures, we'd be much worse off. A hurricane puts you Completely at the mercy of nature. The analogy was terrible.

It's not particularly confusing. No one's comparing us to the world.

If we took no measures, we'd be much worse off. A hurricane puts you Completely at the mercy of nature. The analogy was terrible.
How we would be much more worse when we are the worst??

How we would be much more worse when we are the worst??

Again, not comparing to other countries. Comparing solely to hypothetical US that did absolutely nothing, left society fully open with no restrictions at all, ever.

Just stop. There are plenty of article and studies that say masks help. Nobody says they are perfect. Bottom line is the measures we have taken in NJ have greatly reduced transmission. That is a fact. Cannot be argued. Again I have never really understood what you are arguing for. If it is literally gyms then maybe I get that. If it is to go back to normal then no way. Indoors should only be open with masks only. Restaurants not open indoors. Not yet. Have to wait another 4-6 months. I would say that if by the new year no vaccine or cure looms close then we might have to reconsider things.

Again, not comparing to other countries. Comparing solely to hypothetical US that did absolutely nothing, left society fully open with no restrictions at all, ever.
So you ignore what has happened in every country and are still saying what we did was the best?? Seriously?

Just stop. There are plenty of article and studies that say masks help. Nobody says they are perfect. Bottom line is the measures we have taken in NJ have greatly reduced transmission. That is a fact. Cannot be argued. Again I have never really understood what you are arguing for. If it is literally gyms then maybe I get that. If it is to go back to normal then no way. Indoors should only be open with masks only. Restaurants not open indoors. Not yet. Have to wait another 4-6 months. I would say that if by the new year no vaccine or cure looms close then we might have to reconsider things.
So why does NJ have the worst numbers in the country?

So you ignore what has happened in every country and are still saying what we did was the best?? Seriously?

What in God's name are you reading??! I never said what we did was best. That was not ever what we were talking about.

Remember that quote you copied and pasted? That's what we're talking about.

What in God's name are you reading??! I never said what we did was best. That was not ever what we were talking about.

Remember that quote you copied and pasted? That's what we're talking about.
Yes I remember the post. You keep saying that what was done prevented more people dying and getting sick. You are 1000% wrong.

Gyms are open in a Pennsylvania, there is a upscale gym in my town. It was very popular and has gone through multiple expansions over the years, including a major one last year. The owner is now considering closing until conditions improve because people have not returned since it reopened.

Gyms are open in a Pennsylvania, there is a upscale gym in my town. It was very popular and has gone through multiple expansions over the years, including a major one last year. The owner is now considering closing until conditions improve because people have not returned since it reopened.
Philly is not one of those areas that has reopened gyms.

So why does NJ have the worst numbers in the country?
Because we got hit right at the start when nobody really understood what was happening. We have the perfect storm for the the virus. Congested living in one of the largest travel destinations in the world with probably the largest mass transit situation there is. We are the perfect breeding ground for this virus. That’s why it is impressive how well we are doing over the last two months.

Because we got hit right at the start when nobody really understood what was happening. We have the perfect storm for the the virus. Congested living in one of the largest travel destinations in the world with probably the largest mass transit situation there is. We are the perfect breeding ground for this virus. That’s why it is impressive how well we are doing over the last two months.
So no where else in the world faced the same? C'mon. Stop the excuses.

Not on our level and nobody has knocked it out in a similar situation to us without even greater restrictions than we have put in. We would be at zero or close to it if we kept the same restrictions that we had in March and April. That’s not realistic though so we are where we are today and that is fine. Trying to kee things open as much as possible while living with some level of transmission.

Not on our level and nobody has knocked it out in a similar situation to us without even greater restrictions than we have put in. We would be at zero or close to it if we kept the same restrictions that we had in March and April. That’s not realistic though so we are where we are today and that is fine. Trying to kee things open as much as possible while living with some level of transmission.
Japan used our National model that was in place years ago. The US became 50 separate countries making up there own rules as they went along. We suffered greatly because of that.

Of course they did. But if you’re comparing a state like NJ to a country, it’s not a great comparison. Gotta compare with a territory within a country that has similar population density.

Of course they did. But if you’re comparing a state like NJ to a country, it’s not a great comparison. Gotta compare with a territory within a country that has similar population density.
Japan is nearly the same in density. Their percent is like 4% of deaths per 100k. US50+ plus mostly due to NJ. The highest in the nation. Please stop.

Yes I remember the post. You keep saying that what was done prevented more people dying and getting sick. You are 1000% wrong.

So if we did nothing - no shutdowns, no masks, no regs - we would have had the same exact numbers and result, as of now?

Is that what you're signing your name to? Pretty much the Sweden argument, only from the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT