ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m telling you people and N 95 masks can be acquired and I have seen them in stores in the metro area...some people working in specific fields can access them .

I've seen them in Stop N Shop, Amazon and Home Depot

Stopped at the boardwalk at Seaside last night. Packed to the gills. I would say like roaming the halls at the RAC at a basketball game. No social distancing .Some mask wearing. Had to wear masks if going in shops. Long lines to get into The Beachcomber. All in mid 20's. No masks. No distancing. You either take the risk and live or stay under your bed. There are risks driving a car, flying in a plane eating fatty foods.

Reactions: biker7766
Ok let us know what transpires in about two weeks... should make the governor happy.

How many Americans did Trump kill with his 3 month denial of the COVID-19, lack of any leadership and National strategy , and the gutting of the CDC budget over the last 3 years.
Ok Chuck ... Ok Nancy... you never mention Xi and his cronies who actually killed and are still killing millions around the globe... you can’t bring yourself to say that...

Stopped at the boardwalk at Seaside last night. Packed to the gills. I would say like roaming the halls at the RAC at a basketball game. No social distancing .Some mask wearing. Had to wear masks if going in shops. Long lines to get into The Beachcomber. All in mid 20's. No masks. No distancing. You either take the risk and live or stay under your bed. There are risks driving a car, flying in a plane eating fatty foods.
Saw a report of 0 positive cases and 0 deaths in Spain yesterday... that can’t be true .

"Lies" would imply Richie and John both told you this directly, which is complete BS, at least for John, since John and I have been friends for 20+ years now and remain good friends and that's not at all what he told me for TOS. Of course it wasn't "only" those three guys who ended that experiment, but they played a major role in it along with several others, although I went a bit hyperbolic with my post last night as I was annoyed with those three guys for acting like jerks.

John had considered shutting down the CE board on this site multiple times before, due to the inappropriate content and its reflection on the board in general and its impact on the bottom line, as very few were paying premium members (which is all the business cares about) and the tenor of that board, which sometimes crept into the football board, pissed off more than a few premium members. I've never spoken to Richie about what, exactly, led to the CE board here being shut down, so I can't say whether your twitter theory is correct or not for this board.

I do know that someone's tweets had nothing to do with shutting the 24/7 CE board down. If you don't believe that you need to read John O's closing post in the locked "ot-ce" thread on the football board on TOS (or any one of DJ Spanky's posts in that thread). I'll leave it at that, since going further would be inappropriate in this thread. As it is, I shouldn't have even made my comments about the CE board in this thread. In hindsight, it would've been better to not engage - my apologies to the posters in this thread for any derailing that caused - been way too much of that going on in this thread, which is why I'll ignore your other childish comments.

Back to more helpful/interesting (I think, lol) posts shortly, folks...
Glad you acknowledged your mistakes...and thanks for covering all the points in my reply post to you. That said, you can believe the "official line" from the site owners all you want, but at the time there was plenty of discussion and links about Jaybird's twittler smearing the RU CEs and demanding they be shutdown right up to their shutdowns. You want to believe they were just coincidences OK...that's fine for you - end of story here.

Now, just be better with controlling your childish outbursts anytime anyone disagrees with your opinions and the chicomvirus thread(s) can stay on track. ✌

There are posters here, apparently yourself included, who pose the issue as you’re either a coward hiding under the bed or you’re living life normally and ignore the virus.

I go out to restaurants, typically outdoor seating, and bars—sometimes indoors with open windows—at least once or twice a week, even more often recently.

And I think masks should be required in social situations, and the initial lockdown should have been longer in the states that rushed to reopen with laughable policies like Texas, etc.

Gasp...you can enjoy life, and think masks are necessary, and think this administration and some of its allies responded to the crisis the way a baby responds to a full diaper.

I'm not ignoring mask wearing. But there are people here that gasp.......you are on the boardwalk with no mask? For Christ sake they are the same ones walking down the road with masks on.

There are posters here, apparently yourself included, who pose the issue as you’re either a coward hiding under the bed or you’re living life normally and ignore the virus.

I go out to restaurants, typically outdoor seating, and bars—sometimes indoors with open windows—at least once or twice a week, even more often recently.

And I think masks should be required in social situations, and the initial lockdown should have been longer in the states that rushed to reopen with laughable policies like Texas, etc.

Gasp...you can enjoy life, and think masks are necessary, and think this administration and some of its allies responded to the crisis the way a baby responds to a full diaper.
Well then you should have stopped over at Johnson Park Saturday... people walking , families , children ... some wearing masks and some not... some were and some not... most in their 30 to mid 5o’s... many kids over 4-5 not wearing face coverings... beautiful day and nice to see these families enjoying some normalcy for a weekend... we all should be hoping for the science community to strike gold with a vaccine or meds which help prevent the worst case scenario...you could see the joy on the faces of the children... for me being over 70 it was a true poignant moment in time...

Reactions: RocktheRac
Same for officials getting haircuts. How do you think this happened? Republicans and democrats. Pelosi what a cats ass. Setup lol. this old bag should be sent out to pasture already.

Reactions: bac2therac
Glad you acknowledged your mistakes...and thanks for covering all the points in my reply post to you. That said, you can believe the "official line" from the site owners all you want, but at the time there was plenty of discussion and links about Jaybird's twittler smearing the RU CEs and demanding they be shutdown right up to their shutdowns. You want to believe they were just coincidences OK...that's fine for you - end of story here.

Now, just be better with controlling your childish outbursts anytime anyone disagrees with your opinions and the chicomvirus thread(s) can stay on track. ✌

Not much good can come from continuing to argue with you on this, as it's way off-topic, but perhaps you should think about acknowledging your overreaction saying "really shameful lies" and also apologizing to the board for your derailing behaviors, like I did, i.e., be better.

And "childish outbursts anytime...?" lol, very, very few, especially for how hard I get trolled, like you just did with that comment.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020
Not much good can come from continuing to argue with you on this, as it's way off-topic, but perhaps you should think about acknowledging your overreaction saying "really shameful lies" and also apologizing to the board for your derailing behaviors, like I did, i.e., be better.

And "childish outbursts anytime...?" lol, very, very few, especially for how hard I get trolled, like you just did with that comment.

The amazing thing is you continue to bring up political stuff, call out peeps if they don't agree with your "scientific opinion" and poo poo it by saying its ok because I apologized or it can be deleted.

Sorry, your admission proved you were lying about those specific 3 posters causing the shutdowns. And you complaining about the insults and cheap shots you dish out "to anyone that disagrees with your opinion" (no need for your typical dishonest cherry-picking) being called "childish" right after you used that exact same name-calling kinda proves my point LOL. Anyway, I'm about ready to fire-up the grill and take advantage of this beautiful day outside--and you should too. See ya later.

Reactions: bac2therac
More bullcrap by politicians claiming gyms are not safe for you but they are safe for me

More confirmation that this is mostly about power and control

Yup just like the 'whitehouse where everyone there gets tested but many Americans can't get a test. Test for me, not for thee!!!

The amazing thing is you continue to bring up political stuff, call out peeps if they don't agree with your "scientific opinion" and poo poo it by saying its ok because I apologized or it can be deleted.

tenor.gif

I encourage everyone to put BIGRUBIG on ignore and don’t reply to any of his posts no matter how hard you want to. Guy clearly has issues.
Yet you simply can't Sally. [roll]

At least Numbers could man-up and admit he was wrong about what he posted regarding the CE/Politics Boards, to which I replied. Something you should do after your latest weak attempt to censor me, for responding to said post about the CE/Politics Boards. Or just keep stalking me. Whatever, Sally.

Yup just like the 'whitehouse where everyone there gets tested but many Americans can't get a test. Test for me, not for thee!!!

I think anyone can get tested at this point. And why would everyone want to get tested everyday?

"This won't become a pandemic "
Said in January, you then went back in March to edit your post. 🤔

Page-1
I said "this very likely won't become some wild pandemic" and by pandemic I was referring to the 1918 pandemic, which I had made clear in my CE board posts, which are gone (also made that clear in a 2/1 post in the thread you found my 1/26 post in). "Very likely" means it still could become one, as opposed to your misquote using the word "won't." But that's semantics over what you said - as I've said multiple times, I was wrong early on in saying it wouldn't be worse than the flu - I wasn't alone. Not sure what your point is in bringing it back up.

However, by 2/12 (same thread) I was saying it could become a pandemic and from mid-February on (most of those posts lost as they were on the CE board) I had become quite pessimistic about what was coming and my warning levels became even more dire by late February, as more was being learned about the virus and its spread - unlike some who were still insisting the virus would just "disappear" and most on this board who thought I was "fear-mongering" with my dire warnings. Hence us starting quarantine on 3/3, 1-2 weeks before most did, and my starting this thread on 3/4.

Finally, OMG, I edited a post. I look back at my old posts frequently, looking for pieces of info or how I might have framed an argument and sometimes I see errors and typos, which I fix. If I change or add anything substantive, I call it out. If I had wanted to edit my posts to erase my incorrect comments on what this would become in late Jan/early Feb, that would have been simple to do, but I would never do that - there's even a post on page 2 where my post on page 1 is quoted and it also says, "this very likely won't become some wild pandemic," so if I had edited that, it would've been obvious.

This is a complete waste of the board's time, but I felt I had to correct the record.

Reactions: Greg2020
Yet you simply can't Sally. [roll]

At least Numbers could man-up and admit he was wrong about what he posted regarding the CE/Politics Boards, to which I replied. Something you should do after your latest weak attempt to censor me, for responding to said post about the CE/Politics Boards. Or just keep stalking me. Whatever, Sally.
He seems bent on reporting or wanting to ban everyone who disagrees or posts what he believes is inflammatory in scope .. .the let ‘s silence them crowd ... Some of our educated constituents believe in their superiority based upon a piece of paper ...I have news for them and I respect education tremendously... EVERYONE is entitled to a point of view...it may not be yours but that’s just too bad...

He seems bent on reporting or wanting to ban everyone who disagrees or posts what he believes is inflammatory in scope .the let ‘s silence them crowd ... Some of our educated constituents believe in their superiority based upon a piece of paper ...I have news for them and I respect education tremendously... EVERYONE is entitled to a point of view...it may not be yours but that’s just too bad...
It's clearly a sign of weakness.

Sorry, your admission proved you were lying about those specific 3 posters causing the shutdowns. And you complaining about the insults and cheap shots you dish out "to anyone that disagrees with your opinion" (no need for your typical dishonest cherry-picking) being called "childish" right after you used that exact same name-calling kinda proves my point LOL. Anyway, I'm about ready to fire-up the grill and take advantage of this beautiful day outside--and you should too. See ya later.
Wrong again, but not worth getting back into. Disappointing that you can't man up and apologize for your derailing behavior though. But yes, about to go enjoy the day, as it's been a spectacular weekend...

I said "this very likely won't become some wild pandemic" and by pandemic I was referring to the 1918 pandemic, which I had made clear in my CE board posts, which are gone (also made that clear in a 2/1 post in the thread you found my 1/26 post in). "Very likely" means it still could become one, as opposed to your misquote using the word "won't." But that's semantics over what you said - as I've said multiple times, I was wrong early on in saying it wouldn't be worse than the flu - I wasn't alone. Not sure what your point is in bringing it back up.

However, by 2/12 (same thread) I was saying it could become a pandemic and from mid-February on (most of those posts lost as they were on the CE board) I had become quite pessimistic about what was coming and my warning levels became even more dire by late February, as more was being learned about the virus and its spread - unlike some who were still insisting the virus would just "disappear" and most on this board who thought I was "fear-mongering" with my dire warnings. Hence us starting quarantine on 3/3, 1-2 weeks before most did, and my starting this thread on 3/4.

Finally, OMG, I edited a post. I look back at my old posts frequently, looking for pieces of info or how I might have framed an argument and sometimes I see errors and typos, which I fix. If I change or add anything substantive, I call it out. If I had wanted to edit my posts to erase my incorrect comments on what this would become in late Jan/early Feb, that would have been simple to do, but I would never do that - there's even a post on page 2 where my post on page 1 is quoted and it also says, "this very likely won't become some wild pandemic," so if I had edited that, it would've been obvious.

This is a complete waste of the board's time, but I felt I had to correct the record.

👌 Chief

Just accept and move on.

👌 Chief

Just accept and move on.
I have accepted what I actually said - scientists are used to being wrong sometimes, so while it's always disappointing to be wrong, one gets used to it (same with the weather). You're the one misquoting what I said and bringing stuff up from 7+ months ago. I think you're the one who needs to accept and move on. Another example of derailing behavior.

I think anyone can get tested at this point. And why would everyone want to get tested everyday?
For people in high contact jobs or activities (schools/sports), testing frequently, especially if we can deploy the nearly instant antigen tests, allows people to know in close to real time, when they've become infectious and should quarantine, as well as letting contacts of those people know they should quarantine/test themselves. The reality, for most, now, is they don't get results for a few days and sometimes even a week from the standard PCR test and if they don't quarantine while waiting, they're possibly infecting others, plus their contacts have no idea they should be concerned.

Some, including the well known Dr. Mina, have postulated (discussed a fair amount here about a week ago by several) that if we could test everyone regularly who's at risk (not people working from home and going to the store or the park periodically with a mask) for a few weeks and effectively isolate them, we could get the transmission rate close to zero and then only test the few flare-ups that occur, like they're doing in other much more successful countries.

How great it would be if instead of arguing politics/virus/ pandemic/ basement living with 18-25 year old kids at home we were talking about our 44-18 victory over Monmouth this weekend and the start of B1G games.

Reactions: m1ipabrams
For people in high contact jobs or activities (schools/sports), testing frequently, especially if we can deploy the nearly instant antigen tests, allows people to know in close to real time, when they've become infectious and should quarantine, as well as letting contacts of those people know they should quarantine/test themselves. The reality, for most, now, is they don't get results for a few days and sometimes even a week from the standard PCR test and if they don't quarantine while waiting, they're possibly infecting others, plus their contacts have no idea they should be concerned.

Some, including the well known Dr. Mina, have postulated (discussed a fair amount here about a week ago by several) that if we could test everyone regularly who's at risk (not people working from home and going to the store or the park periodically with a mask) for a few weeks and effectively isolate them, we could get the transmission rate close to zero and then only test the few flare-ups that occur, like they're doing in other much more successful countries.
Hawaii has been contact tracing or what they term surge tests... still with over 1700 tracers those people on say Oahu are not giving these investigators the names , places etc. remember this is one one of the most liberal states in the Union...glad today numbers are down from two weeks ago... was also nice to see 7dma down under 800 in the US... the test comes over the next several weeks... not only here but the entire USA.

NJ hospitalizations for Covid at 6 month low today. That me friends is the bottom line and all that matters. We are doing something right and maybe have hit herd immunity.
Don’t suspect herd immunity yet but I think science and medical have given us a better understanding...as long as people use sense...don’t run away in fear and some foreign actors don’t try a duplication of this we will beat it... then we only have to worry about bad actors in our country and they are there.

Reactions: biker7766
More HCQ Hijinks. So sad that TDS, bias and flawed studies tarnished HCQ. Not taking a direct hit at anyone, but, but, but, RCTs!!!

It's a perversion and corrosion of science and medicine.

The linked article is out of Canada.

"Influenced by media accounts, scientific oversight boards often don’t recognize there are distinct phases to COVID-19 sickness, and that what works at one point in the disease may be useless at another — or vice versa, they wrote in Lancet Global Health."

“The scientific community has been no better versed on the complications of COVID than the general public,” Mills said in an interview. “I’m tremendously disappointed in the scientific community and what I see is a lack of critical interpretation of this complex disease.”

Sir Nick White, an Oxford University tropical-medicine professor, confirmed by email that his own planned study of hydroxychloroquine as a preventive was ordered shut down because of the RECOVERY results.

Prematurely ending trials because of misinterpretation and other factors means it’s still unknown whether drugs like hydroxychloroquine could, in fact, be useful as preventives or early in the illness, Mills said.
Instead of a sober exchange of peer-reviewed journal papers, research is often first published on “pre-print” websites or in news releases without review, then reported by journalists and spread through social media.

“Never before have we seen a medical scenario become such a public topic, where you have the president of the United States and the president of other countries weighing in on whether a drug works or not,” he noted. “And then you have the public weighing in on whether they agree with that individual, based on their own politics. This is unheard-of.”

Wrong again, but not worth getting back into. Disappointing that you can't man up and apologize for your derailing behavior though. But yes, about to go enjoy the day, as it's been a spectacular weekend...

Don't forget your mask and stay 6 ft from peeps.🤩

According to Greg 2020, many Americans can't get tested. only peeps in Whitehouse.

Unprofessional of her. She is striking fear to the masses. So if a vaccine comes along she is in other words telling people not to take it.
Yet you and your brother both say 5G and Bill gates tracking microchip in the vaccine everyday, and how its government control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT