ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One side, lol. There are far more posts in this thread calling Cuomo and Murphy murderers than there are criticizing Trump. This thread was in decent shape until the CE board shut down and then all the folks (on both sides of the aisle) who were arguing incessantly about COVID over there came to this thread, causing Richie to lock the first one and start this one with his warnings, but very few have paid attention to those warnings and this thread has become a mess.

Richie and I have talked about this thread a few times and his strong guidance to me was to ignore the trolling from folks like you and to report inappropriate/political posts and to not make political posts. Unfortunately, while I know it was good advice, not engaging with people, especially when they make wildly inaccurate posts, especially about the science, is just not in my nature and I haven't done well with that advice or with the reporting post advice, as that's not my style (that is clearly T's style, however).

And while I've significantly reduced my political content, occasionally it seems necessary to me bring in politics, especially when there's big political news which is very relevant to the pandemic, like the Woodward tapes with Trump, on the record, demonstrating that he had been lying to the American public about the severity of the pandemic for weeks - are you actually ok with that?

Anyway, you might be right about locking the thread, which may not even matter for me, as I've been strongly considering stopping posting regularly in this thread anyway, as more than half of my time is wasted arguing with people who simply don't understand the science of this pandemic and never will no matter how hard I try to make my points, plus I'm about to get much busier with work. Will certainly make my life easier.

By the way, I actually thought you had a thicker skin and that you might chuckle at the acronym, which has nothing to do with misogyny. Didn't realize you were such a sensitive snowflake. My apologies.

you called me a Dumb C word without any provoking, I didnt have a reply to you or post anything outrageous or political yesterday for you to do that...stop playing the phony high and mighty game

the Woodward tape is irrelevant because Trump had already addressed why he didnt want the public to panic..that was in March... Yes I am actually very okay with that...Fauci backs Trump up anyhow..lmfao.. it doesnt matter what he said, its what he did

Reactions: T2Kplus10
the fact of the matter it doesnt matter what Trump SAID, it matters what was being DONE which included getting the public to buy into a quasi national lockdown which is a miracle all things considered. There were also things being done behind the scenes in prepping and Fauci backs Trump up as well. The idea that the public would buy into a lockdown in early February with a couple of cases is total revisionist history. When we bring up politicians in the thread which will almost always happen at some point, we need to stick to facts, not opinions....ACTIONS. Politicians are all about rhetoric and distortions of truth. Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton they are all the same. Actions speak louder than words

If you believe that Trump should have locked down the country in February then make the argument as to how that was going to be accomplished with a handful of cases. Reme

wait where is the thread when we have Numbers and Evolution calling other people *****...missed that one, oh wait its this one

What did they say when you reported. Numbers? Ball's in mods' court now, no? No sense complaining here.

Reactions: Greg2020
One side, lol. There are far more posts in this thread calling Cuomo and Murphy murderers than there are criticizing Trump. This thread was in decent shape until the CE board shut down and then all the folks (on both sides of the aisle) who were arguing incessantly about COVID over there came to this thread, causing Richie to lock the first one and start this one with his warnings, but very few have paid attention to those warnings and this thread has become a mess.

Richie and I have talked about this thread a few times and his strong guidance to me was to ignore the trolling from folks like you and to report inappropriate/political posts and to not make political posts. Unfortunately, while I know it was good advice, not engaging with people, especially when they make wildly inaccurate posts, especially about the science, is just not in my nature and I haven't done well with that advice or with the reporting post advice, as that's not my style (that is clearly T's style, however).

And while I've significantly reduced my political content, occasionally it seems necessary to me bring in politics, especially when there's big political news which is very relevant to the pandemic, like the Woodward tapes with Trump, on the record, demonstrating that he had been lying to the American public about the severity of the pandemic for weeks - are you actually ok with that?

Anyway, you might be right about locking the thread, which may not even matter for me, as I've been strongly considering stopping posting regularly in this thread anyway, as more than half of my time is wasted arguing with people who simply don't understand the science of this pandemic and never will no matter how hard I try to make my points, plus I'm about to get much busier with work. Will certainly make my life easier.

By the way, I actually thought you had a thicker skin and that you might chuckle at the acronym, which has nothing to do with misogyny. Didn't realize you were such a sensitive snowflake. My apologies.
Dude way out of bounds post. But since you are admittedly protected by Richie your viewpoint is jaded as well. I don't do politics. And the first thread was deleted because of it. Now your are admittedly saying that politics are ok as long as it's your viewpoint because is supported. This thread has become a CE Board thread. Shameful

the fact of the matter it doesnt matter what Trump SAID, it matters what was being DONE which included getting the public to buy into a quasi national lockdown which is a miracle all things considered. There were also things being done behind the scenes in prepping and Fauci backs Trump up as well. The idea that the public would buy into a lockdown in early February with a couple of cases is total revisionist history. When we bring up politicians in the thread which will almost always happen at some point, we need to stick to facts, not opinions....ACTIONS. Politicians are all about rhetoric and distortions of truth. Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton they are all the same. Actions speak louder than words

If you believe that Trump should have locked down the country in February then make the argument as to how that was going to be accomplished with a handful of cases. Reme

wait where is the thread when we have Numbers and Evolution calling other people *****...missed that one, oh wait its this one

1/4 of Americans were under State mandated lockdown orders before, and many more voluntarily staying at home, when Trump gave his “we can’t let the cure be worse than the disease...this country isnt built to be locked down” press conference in March.

Trump didn’t get America to lock down, America locked down, and then the administration went to work on the reopening (sort of).

1/4 of Americans were under State mandated lockdown orders before, and many more voluntarily staying at home, when Trump gave his “we can’t let the cure be worse than the disease...this country isnt built to be locked down” press conference in March.

Trump didn’t get America to lock down, America locked down, and then the administration went to work on the reopening (sort of).
I volunteered to work the gate at the Players Championship. 40,000 entered. On Tuesday morning we got an email from the head of the PGA tour that stated he and the President talked he was assured there was no risk. The tournament and all sports were cancelled within 72 hours. Those cancellations were not driven by the White House.

I volunteered to work the gate at the Players Championship. 40,000 entered. On Tuesday morning we got an email from the head of the PGA tour that stated he and the President talked he was assured there was no risk. The tournament and all sports were cancelled within 72 hours. Those cancellations were not driven by the White House.
But they should have driven by the White House. This country needed a national response not a state by state response

Dude way out of bounds post. But since you are admittedly protected by Richie your viewpoint is jaded as well. I don't do politics. And the first thread was deleted because of it. Now your are admittedly saying that politics are ok as long as it's your viewpoint because is supported. This thread has become a CE Board thread. Shameful

Not protected at all, as I've had multiple posts deleted and rightly so, given a couple of conversations we've had by IM, where he made it clear he didn't want political posts and he's also trying to avoid the constant bickering, which is why he recommended I put folks on ignore rather than arguing with the inevitable petty/trolling posts. Just because we've discussed this thread doesn't mean I have "protection." If making a few posts (or even one post) that had some political content led to an automatic banning, about 50-100 of us would be banned from this thread. Clearly they're not policing this one like the weather board thread I spoke about in another post, where there's simply zero tolerance for politics (although they focus on deleting posts first, not banning).

Also, the first thread wasn't deleted, it was locked - it's still there, thanks to Richie, as I asked him to lock it rather than delete it (since there was still a lot of good content in it) if he felt it had gotten too far out of hand, since we knew it might with the closing of the CE board and it did, which led to that one being locked and a new one started. This thread probably isn't much better to be honest and it's not just politics, it's silly unending bickering too and surely you know you're not innocent on that count. My guess is unless they decide to moderate it more heavily (which takes more effort), it'll continue to be sub-optimal and they might just decide to lock this one, which would be sad, but not surprising given the number of threads that get locked these days.

lol,,,no it didnt happen that way

Reactions: Caliknight
lol,,,no it didnt happen that way
Yeah, it did, as @Barnaby&Neill said. Below is the NYC timeline and the timelines for NY state and NJ and many other states are similar. Apart from financial relief, which was important, the only major thing the Administration did was declaring a State of Emergency on 3/13 after most major sporting events/leagues, social events, entertainment venues, etc. had already shut down. And the Federal SOE didn't "shut" anything down, it simply freed up funds for all kinds of things related to pandemic response, which was important, although way later than it should have been. States shut down on their own, which is exactly not the way to run a pandemic response.

You also said, "If you believe that Trump should have locked down the country in February then make the argument as to how that was going to be accomplished with a handful of cases." Have you really missed my dozens of posts where I painstakingly detailed how the biggest factor enabling our horrific start to the pandemic was the lack of testing? No tests at all in NY/NJ through 3/3 and less than 1000 per day through mid-March, by which time we had tens of thousands, if not over 100,000 infected people participating in the most densely populated/most dense commuting culture in the US, at least (with, by far, the biggest influx of infected people from Europe in the US), prior to things starting to shut down on 3/16. If we had the testing we needed in place by late February, as we should have (as many other countries did), we'd have seen similar numbers ~2 weeks earlier and likely could've shut down 2 weeks earlier and avoided 75-90% of cases/deaths. Here's a post of mine from a couple of months ago, in reply to the same tired old question you keep asking and I keep answering for some reason.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...es-interventions-and-more.191275/post-4587498

t7X0d07.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT