ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy MSG stuff here

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
The Michigan State MSG game was not scheduled after the schedule came out. I posted about it in August.

No one forced Rutgers to play that game.

Izzo had nothing to do with that schedule issue.

Rutgers will continue to be the obvious team of choice for Super Saturday on an alternating home and away basis.

The only teams that Rutgers doesn't want to play from the Big Ten at MSG are Michigan first and then Indiana. Michigan has a huge NYC alumni base. Indiana travels.

The game at MSG in February should be 90% Rutgers fans,as Michigan State does not travel well in basketball.

Playing at MSG in December has nothing to do with Super Saturday. That is a crazy notion.

Teams like Duke and UNC and at a bit different level UConn,Nova and Syracuse don't play out of conference road games against Power 6 teams,but instead neutral games like at MSG.

I wonder what the ticket allocation between RU and MSU was ? 75/25. ? 60/40? And how many tickets were given to B1G Executives?

Reactions: RUinLondon
Any insight as to why we aren’t wrestling MSU on super Saturday?

Will the double header aspect of it be back in future years?

The Michigan State MSG game was not scheduled after the schedule came out. I posted about it in August.

Rutgers will continue to be the obvious team of choice for Super Saturday on an alternating home and away basis.

The only teams that Rutgers doesn't want to play from the Big Ten at MSG are Michigan first and then Indiana. Michigan has a huge NYC alumni base. Indiana travels.

The game at MSG in February should be 90% Rutgers fans,as Michigan State does not travel well in basketball.

Playing at MSG in December has nothing to do with Super Saturday. That is a crazy notion.

Teams like Duke and UNC and at a bit different level UConn,Nova and Syracuse don't play out of conference road games against Power 6 teams,but instead neutral games like at MSG.
Would love for the Hoosier fans to travel for another beat down.

****, Tom Izzo has taken over RU72's account. That mother****er is everywhere..

Where would MSU rather play RU?

Which time start will best discourage attendance?

Hey Minnesota will give up a home and home maybe three or four years from now so there’s that
giphy.gif

You actually believe 10,000 Rutgers fans are going to show up for this game? No way.
Approximately 10,000 tickets have been already sold.

13,127 (attendance for RU-Michigan at MSG in 2020) is the number we should be shooting to surpass. It'll be tough because of the large contingent of UM fans at the 2020 game. Simply, there are more UM alums/fans than MSU fans in the metropolitan area. If RU continues its winning ways in the next three games (PSU, @Iowa, Minn.), it'll play a tremendous factor in reaching > 13,127 goal.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...s-scarlet-knights-fall-to-michigan-video.html

Approximately 10,000 tickets have been already sold.

13,127 (attendance for RU-Michigan at MSG in 2020) is the number we should be shooting to surpass. It'll be tough because of the large contingent of UM fans at the 2020 game. Simply, there are more UM alums/fans than MSU fans in the metropolitan area. If RU continues its winning ways in the next three games (PSU, @Iowa, Minn.), it'll play a tremendous factor in reaching > 13,127 goal.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...s-scarlet-knights-fall-to-michigan-video.html
I think it happens …predict 14000…if we win twice this week and are ranked ….

I was at the 2020 game against Michigan at MSG. It was designated as a Michigan home game as it was orginally scheduled for Ann Arbor. I thought it was at least 65/35 in favor of RU in the stands. Maybe I was overly influenced by where I was seated. Going back to the NIT final in 2004, the Mich fans near us were absolutely shocked by the amount of RU fans and the intensity. Students came out in force. Granted, that game meant more to RU than Michigan who is used to going to the NCAAs. Herve almost got us the championship!

My son trying to talk me into staying the day and going to that game later

Knicks-Clippers? Not a bad game.
Also Nets-Wizarda at 6 over in Brooklyn (less exciting game with likely Durant out).

Busy busy basketball day in NYC.

Reactions: cm_13
Going back to the NIT final in 2004, the Mich fans near us were absolutely shocked by the amount of RU fans and the intensity. Students came out in force. Granted, that game meant more to RU than Michigan who is used to going to the NCAAs. Herve almost got us the championship!

maui youre welcome GIF

Reactions: patk89
Yes we all do. Except for one poster who apparently can't comprehend it. Or is just trolling.
I assume you are talking about me. If so. For starters I NEVER said that one game wasn't a home UM game. (well maybe I did way back the first post but not once since I learned I was wrong). But that didn't change a darn thing on the rest of the math and situation or questions. Doesn't matter anymore.

If indeed this wasn't pushed by Izzo and Rutgers indeed decided to do this I've got nothing more to say. After letting SHU off the hook last year it is certainly in their wheelhouse to make such decisions. Hopefully we'll win this game and obviously Rutgers doesn't really need the cash from playing at the RAC. Wonder how Jersey Mike's feels about it?

But yeah. That was a home game for UM. OK?

Last edited:
I assume you are talking about me. If so. For starters I NEVER said that one game wasn't a home UM game. (well maybe I did way back the first post but not once since I learned I was wrong). But that didn't change a darn thing on the rest of the math and situation or questions. Shame you folks don't want to comprehend the facts shared or answer the legit questions. But ok. Doesn't matter anymore.

If indeed this wasn't pushed by Izzo and Rutgers indeed decided to do this I've got nothing more to say. After letting SHU off the hook last year it is certainly in their wheelhouse to make such decisions. Hopefully we'll win this game and obviously Rutgers doesn't really need the cash from playing at the RAC. Wonder how Jersey Mike's feels about it?

But yeah. That was a home game for UM. OK?
Talking about the guy who started the other thread... Not you

FTR - missed the window for season ticket holders - need 9 tickets; Ticketmaster limits you to 8 seats, called MSG groups sales, they have a minimum of 10 tickets - seriously!... first world problems I suppose
missing the RAC already

You actually believe 10,000 Rutgers fans are going to show up for this game? No way.
I don't think so either. Assuming MSG is selling tickets to its full basketball capacity (approx. 19,500), I'm going to predict 8,000 Rutgers fans, 4,500 Michigan State, 2,000 neutral and 5,000 empty seats. The noon tipoff will hurt attendance across the board, particularly with RU students who won't feel like trying to make a Saturday morning train after a night of partying.

Last edited:
No trolling or beating a dead horse lol!
Well done and clever but if repeatedly attacked, I’m going to respond. If game were truly about attendance there would be a much better starting time. And lighten up. There was no game this weekend and we were off for five days. This is a message board. Geeze! Have at it! Go RU! And don’t let this happen again! ;-)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights

So you're saying it's Hobbs' fault that we gave up a RAC home game against MSU, where we've blown them out the last two times, so that we might lose to them at a half-filled MSG? Duly noted!

Anyone know if there are RU sections for seats or are we just dispersed everywhere? Looking at tickets but don’t want to be surrounded by MSU fans.

Reactions: RUinLondon
Just looked at TicketMaster and StubHub and think I'm going to lower my projections as a result. There are still a ton of good seats left and MSG is clearly not opening some sections in anticipation of a smaller crowd. 7,500 RU fans, 4,000 MSU fans, 1,500 corporate/neutral. Total attendance 13,000.

I wish this wasn't a noon tipoff.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT