ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy MSG stuff here

Anyone know if there are RU sections for seats or are we just dispersed everywhere? Looking at tickets but don’t want to be surrounded by MSU fans.
This is directly from an email from my ticket rep. The RU sections are:
  • Courtside (in front of section 10, 11, 12)
  • Sections 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12
  • Sections 105-109 & Sections 115-119
  • Sections 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 104, 110, 114, 120
  • Sections 201 - 211

I assume you are talking about me. If so. For starters I NEVER said that one game wasn't a home UM game. (well maybe I did way back the first post but not once since I learned I was wrong). But that didn't change a darn thing on the rest of the math and situation or questions. Doesn't matter anymore.

If indeed this wasn't pushed by Izzo and Rutgers indeed decided to do this I've got nothing more to say. After letting SHU off the hook last year it is certainly in their wheelhouse to make such decisions. Hopefully we'll win this game and obviously Rutgers doesn't really need the cash from playing at the RAC. Wonder how Jersey Mike's feels about it?

But yeah. That was a home game for UM. OK?
I'm not sure what you meant by letting Seton Hall off the hook. Other than challenging them to a duel, I'm not sure there was anything to be done.

If we win the next 2 and are 16-6 going into MSG, the game will have some hype locally. I could see 9- 10K RU fans in that scenario .

• Haha
Reactions: RUinLondon
Rutgers was given 7000 tickets. Per the phone conversation I had with the ticket office yesterday they have very few left. The 7000 Tix were meant only for season ticket holders but they are offering what they have left for any RU fans that call in.

Based on other threads on this topic, a lot of RU people bought directly thru ticketmaster.

This will be a RU home game.

Just looked at TicketMaster and StubHub and think I'm going to lower my projections as a result. There are still a ton of good seats left and MSG is clearly not opening some sections in anticipation of a smaller crowd. 7,500 RU fans, 4,000 MSU fans, 1,500 corporate/neutral. Total attendance 13,000.

I wish this wasn't a noon tipoff.
You can ONLY look at ticketmaster...that is for tickets sold and there are prob a couple hundred left on there for sale. Stubhub is secondary market so at least tickets will be sold for a larger crowd.
As far as the balance between RU & MSU that ratio is way too low IMO. RU will have 2-2.5x MSU easily in terms of fans there.

🤮🤮

Rather watch Adam Korsak punt at the NFL combine. OR

Watch the episode of What’s Happening when they are at the Doobie Brothers concert and ReRun is dancing and his tape recorder falls out of his jacket.
Knicks/Celtics was a great game other night

🤮🤮

Rather watch Adam Korsak punt at the NFL combine. OR

Watch the episode of What’s Happening when they are at the Doobie Brothers concert and ReRun is dancing and his tape recorder falls out of his jacket.

Classic! So good they had to make it into two episodes!

Last edited:
I was at the 2020 game against Michigan at MSG. It was designated as a Michigan home game as it was orginally scheduled for Ann Arbor. I thought it was at least 65/35 in favor of RU in the stands. Maybe I was overly influenced by where I was seated. Going back to the NIT final in 2004, the Mich fans near us were absolutely shocked by the amount of RU fans and the intensity. Students came out in force. Granted, that game meant more to RU than Michigan who is used to going to the NCAAs. Herve almost got us the championship!
I agree. It was at least 60/40 ru. Unfortunately we did not play well so the ru contingent never really got rolling.

As far as the balance between RU & MSU that ratio is way too low IMO. RU will have 2-2.5x MSU easily in terms of fans there.
It always amuses me how some RU fans on this board completely underestimate how much larger and more rabid most Big Ten fanbases are than ours. Michigan State is probably the Big Ten’s most storied and successful basketball program and has fans all over the country, including a big contingent in NYC. Predicting 7,500 RU fans and 4,000 MSU is not at all an insult. It’s actually a compliment.

It always amuses me how some RU fans on this board completely underestimate how much larger and more rabid most Big Ten fanbases are than ours. Michigan State is probably the Big Ten’s most storied and successful basketball program and has fans all over the country, including a big contingent in NYC. Predicting 7,500 RU fans and 4,000 MSU is not at all an insult. It’s actually a compliment.
Well aware of B1G fanbases and proximity to NYC for many of them to attend this game.

MSU will not bring nearly as many fans as UMich did last time we played at MSG. A lot depends on their game today against Purdue if fan excitement is there or not also. As mentioned previous, they are not bringing their students based on ticket allotments and gave those back to Rutgers--very different

• Haha
Reactions: RUinLondon
Rutgers was given 7000 tickets. Per the phone conversation I had with the ticket office yesterday they have very few left. The 7000 Tix were meant only for season ticket holders but they are offering what they have left for any RU fans that call in.

Based on other threads on this topic, a lot of RU people bought directly thru ticketmaster.

This will be a RU home game.
If RU sold close to 7000 then we probably get close to 10,000 with fans buying directly
Depends if we really sold that 7,000

ADVERTISEMENT