ADVERTISEMENT

Curbello is available

Take him in a heart beat. Curbello is a genuine talent. Lack of players around him and a terrible scheme forced him into putting up every late shot clock heave for the Johnnies. He is good. Selfishness doesn't bother me a long as he can be coached. Lose Jalen. Gain Curbello and we are a much better team.
Looked like a turnover machine to me

Reactions: MiloTalon13
No Way Reaction GIF

Reactions: MiloTalon13
My general theory is that teams can live with one knucklehead but any more and you've got problems. The rest of the roster is set chemistry-wise. Also, once a guy has to transfer twice he usually starts to get the message. Teddy Allen did not work with Bob Huggins or Fred Hoiberg but finally got it together by the time he got to New Mexico State. And we badly need his playmaking.

Again, definitely not my first choice but if we struck out with those options I'd give it a shot. I understand Pikiell (and many others) don't feel that way.
He is a playmaker alright. He makes the play end in a turnover

He's the type of player that this team could have used the one game a week where we went 10-12 minutes without getting a basket. Just hand him the ball and say, "put some points on the scoreboard." Then take him back out again when we're out of the funk. It might work; it might not - but it's infinitely better than running the three man weave at the top of the key for 25 seconds, then shooting a contested three.

We were 10th in the league in turnovers. If we're gonna be bad at that we might as well get some dynamic creation to go along with it.
Didn’t see him play at St. John’s. At Illinois he screwed up a team with Ayo and cock burn

He's a talented player and the notion that he could be used off the bench for instant offense is interesting. But I agree with the majority that he's not a fit here.

Reactions: shields
He’s a guy who needs the ball in his hands, but is a TO machine, can’t shoot from deep, struggles to finish in traffic and can’t shoot FTs. Occasionally he will make a highlight reel pass, but just not enough of them to offset the stuff I mentioned above.

I don't think he's landed anywhere, but if you can't pass the initial and very flexible screening by Rick Pitino, you know something is serious wrong with the potential player. Pitino makes players into a difference makers, but you have to put in the work.

Sometimes, when teams don't perform (Illinois a couple of years ago), it takes some people a few minutes to figure out the problem, or it eventually surfaces a year or two later.

I don't think he's landed anywhere, but if you can't pass the initial and very flexible screening by Rick Pitino, you know something is serious wrong with the potential player. Pitino makes players into a difference makers, but you have to put in the work.

Sometimes, when teams don't perform (Illinois a couple of years ago), it takes some people a few minutes to figure out the problem, or it eventually surfaces a year or two later.
Pitino got rid of the entire team except one guy.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT