ADVERTISEMENT

DaChe Williams leaves RU program

There must be a reason for all these transfers. The real reason would be appreciated if anyone truly knows.
Could be playing time.
Checking her stats ( though only 10 games was probably because injured most of the year) makes me think playing time might be the issue and being a grad transfer she's not going to have to sit if she wants to keep playing college ball.
Think s he only played one year after coming from Winthrop transferring there from Northeastern.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
I can't get excited about this. It's likely playing time, and as Mad said, she could play immediately elsewhere as a grad student.
Nothing to see here IMO. There are much larger issues to be solved for the upcoming season.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Stringer had the resume to attract top tier national recruits which resulted in national rankings,NCAA final four appearances and relevance in college basketball.Those days are quickly disappearing and Rutgers administrators must decide when its time for a change .The glory days are over.

Stringer had the resume to attract top tier national recruits which resulted in national rankings,NCAA final four appearances and relevance in college basketball.Those days are quickly disappearing and Rutgers administrators must decide when its time for a change .The glory days are over.
You're right about :" Rutgers administrators must decide when its time for a change " and I bet that ( becides me) most RU WBB fans agree with that statement and many of them won't oppose Hobbs making a change if he thinks change is needed.

As for national prominence and final four appearances : that's what we all should want to return to and if Hobbs can bring in a new HC that has the resume that looks like that Coach could make it happen, I would support the move.
But a hire on the cheap move I'd oppose.
c.Vivian Stringer deserves more respect from the Rutgers Administration and RU WBB fans to allow her to be terminated and replaced by someone that's more of a gamble than a quality hire.
This season ( in my opinion) will be a make it or break it one concerning CVS' future as the RU WBB HC.

Only 10 players on the roster.Thats no good.
If you notice the freshmen recruits aren't being counted yet.
I believe 4-star forward Jada Wright is committed and Mael Lakissa Gilles ( a Canadian National team member from E S Saint-Laurant HC) is another Class of 2017 member

If you notice the freshmen recruits aren't being counted yet.
I believe 4-star forward Jada Wright is committed and Mael Lakissa Gilles ( a Canadian National team member from E S Saint-Laurant HC) is another Class of 2017 member
Time to start praying there aren't any major injuries, again.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Started at Northeastern. Transferred to Winthrop. Transferred to Rutgers. Played one year, got her degree, averaged 1.0 points per game. What will be her fourth school? Or is she just giving up basketball?

There are 13 scholarship players.
The returning players - 10
Freshman - Jada Wright 6'2-6'5 (reports vary on her height f/c
Mael Gilles 6'1 g/f
Tekia Mack 6'1 g/f

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT