ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Rickard Back to Stony Brook

mikemarc1

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2005
Interesting...

Takes a job back at Stony Brook after only a few months here. Will coach women's basketball..

Anything to read into this?

Seems like he and his wife thought the travel from NJ out to wherever they live on LI was going to be easier. Good for him.

Thru work I could pursue a Masters on the City's dime at some REALLY good schools. But there were going to be times where I was going to have to be in-residence at those schools for some significant time (wife's words - lol), not really an online option. Once she found that out and the fact the Masters doesn't give me anything in my wallet (kinda of like Dan not really being able to coach and really get involved) other than saying I did it, we agreed to pass said lets not do this.

If this works for Dan, who are we (not you guys, the ones to follow) to complain.

Reactions: NYKnightFan
Wish him the best he is doing what he feels right for him, family and future.
Only will wish him well and sure this decision is best for all involved.

Seems like he and his wife thought the travel from NJ out to wherever they live on LI was going to be easier. Good for him.

I remember reading his bio on the Stony Brook site when he was hired. It said he lived in Port Jefferson, which is further out east on Long Island. Sounds like a tough commute if he did not move to Jersey. If he did move to Jersey, his wife would have a long commute to work at Stony Brook.

ADVERTISEMENT