ADVERTISEMENT

Daton Fix suspended

Per flo he received a one year suspension.
This story is beyond wild... https://www.usada.org/sanction/aaa-panel-imposes-doping-sanction-daton-fix/

"So Chris Perry (Okie State assistant) encourages Daton’s dad (the RTC coach)to start taking steroids and Daton accidentally ingested them huh? Makes sense. Makes total sense. Nothing to see here."

Yup. He claimed he accidentally drank Ostarine from a water bottle his dad had. He grabbed the wrong one and drank it lol
Don't hide the lead that Chris Perry, assistant coach at OKST, apparently recommended Fix's dad get the banned substance, which also isn't FDA approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS-RU
This story is beyond wild... https://www.usada.org/sanction/aaa-panel-imposes-doping-sanction-daton-fix/

"So Chris Perry (Okie State assistant) encourages Daton’s dad (the RTC coach)to start taking steroids and Daton accidentally ingested them huh? Makes sense. Makes total sense. Nothing to see here."
Total joke and he should’ve got 3 years. Accidentally drank his fathers. Wtf. Sounds like Roger Clemens didn’t know that his trainer was injecting his wife with steroids. Lol

Total joke and he should’ve got 3 years. Accidentally drank his fathers. Wtf. Sounds like Roger Clemens didn’t know that his trainer was injecting his wife with steroids. Lol
Accidentally drank his father's roids, which coincidentally were recommended by OKST assistant coach, Chris Perry:

Link to download the full USADA consent award:

Section 4:

4. Mr. Fix was unaware at the time that his father, Derek
Fix, had been using ostarine (under the name “MK-2866”) every day beginning in late December 2019 or early January 2020. Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on the advice of his friend, Chris Perry. According to Derek, he stored the ostarine in his garage refrigerator and would take the ostarine either sublingually or mixed in water bottles with “Vasayo” drink mix. (Vasayo is a health and wellness supplement company for whom Derek’s wife, Mr. Fix’s mother, serves as a representative.) Though the ostarine itself remained in Derek’s garage refrigerator,
sometimes the water bottles mixed with ostarine and Vasayo drink mix would be placed in the refrigerator inside his house.

Reactions: brentx35
John Smith: Throws third brick...errr, water bottle.

NCAA: Under Official NCAA Review.

NCAA: Ruling: 1 year, no NCAA for you, 1 year.

John Smith: Scratches head, befuddled. Takes a sip. Walks off. Well, he tried & tried & tried & tried.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Such bs. Do they really think we are that freakin stupid?
Doesn’t matter if they think we’re stupid, honestly. Only matters that they think the NCAA officials are stupid. I doubt they bought the story but reducing from 4 years to 1 probably reduces the chances of a legal battle.

Is Chris Perry tarnished now? I would think this would hurt OK State in recruiting wars. I can see other programs saying come to PSU/OSU/IOWA, we do'nt need steroids to make your World Champions.

Reactions: rondi
If things unravel at OSU, any chance kids with Bergen Catholic and Blair connections end up at Rutgers?

If things unravel at OSU, any chance kids with Bergen Catholic and Blair connections end up at Rutgers?
tenor.gif

NCAA: We’re suspending Daton Fix

John Smith: Can I challenge that?

NCAA: What do you want to challenge? It’s a cut and dry failed drug test

John Smith: Illegal hands to the face
John Smith: Throws third brick...errr, water bottle.

NCAA: Under Official NCAA Review.

NCAA: Ruling: 1 year, no NCAA for you, 1 year.

John Smith: Scratches head, befuddled. Takes a sip. Walks off. Well, he tried & tried & tried & tried.

Not sure if y'all remember.... (did i say it right? Y'all? lol) But during a match a few years ago, Smith didnt like a call so he threw the challenge brick when there wasnt anything to challenge... He tried to take it back but ref wouldnt let him... "you thre the brick so you have to challenge something" said the ref... Funniest thing i ever saw.... As much as i idled Smith as a wrestler... I cant stand him as an anilyst... He spends more time criticizing refs calls than commentating the match!!

Reactions: rondi
So ... any chance that this incident gets reviewed further? Pat Mineo has exposed some interesting details about the situation. 1 year ban seems like a slap on the wrist for what seems to be going on there.

Those poor wrestlers at University of Central Oklahoma are going to get the death penalty now.

It is an outrage that a legendary coach and program would stoop to this level. College wrestling is having a hard enough time staying afloat. If anyone believes Fix, Smith, and Perry I have a bridge to sell you. One of the “judges” that decided on the suspension was a teammate of John Smith at the Olympics. Not saying the “judge” was bias. It is conflict of interest and doesn’t look good for our sport. Wasn’t there someone else who could have made the decision?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
It is an outrage that a legendary coach and program would stoop to this level. College wrestling is having a hard enough time staying afloat. If anyone believes Fix, Smith, and Perry I have a bridge to sell you. One of the “judges” that decided on the suspension was a teammate of John Smith at the Olympics. Not saying the “judge” was bias. It is conflict of interest and doesn’t look good for our sport. Wasn’t there someone else who could have made the decision?

This story gets stranger and stranger every day. Now someone ruling on a Smith protege was an Olympic teammate of John's? So we have an OK State assistant coach recommending/supplying non approved anabolic steroids which are also used for weight loss to Mr. Fix. Mr. Fix keeps the mixed bottles in the fridge and Dayton mistakingly drinks a previously opened bottle from that fridge. Not to be lost in all this, Ostarine has a 24 hour half life, which means the concentration levels in the body will diminish pretty rapidly and probably will soon be undetected. I wonder if anyone asked Mr. Fix why he would be taking a investigational drug used to promote muscle mass with a side effect of weight loss when it has not been approved by the FDA.

I don’t think anyone truly believes it. I wouldn’t drink an open bottle out of my dads fridge and I’m not an NCAA athlete and my dad isn’t on steroids. If this extremely tall tale were to be true (it’s not), Fix at best is incredibly stupid.

But using common sense, I think a one year suspension is fair. Everyone deserves a second chance. He was served a huge suspension knowing it would be appealed and reduced. If he gets caught again, he needs to get the hammer dropped. Maybe not a life time ban but I’d argue a 4 year minimum. Get him out of the next NCAA/Olympic cycle.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT