ADVERTISEMENT

Football DE Ryan Keeler enters Transfer Portal

Didn’t keeler have a solid offer list out of high school? Seems strange that he hasn’t landed somewhere by now.

I have not looked within the last week but I have occasionally looked up the list on players in the portal and the last time I looked at a list was last week and there were many, and I mean many, players who were still uncommitted and available. Practice starts in a week or two for most teams so a lot of players entered the portal and have no where to go. So, yes, many of the players are suffering from a poor decision.
Couple of thoughts pop in my head and I have no clue on all of this:

- with the Covid year there are probably more than normal players available
- also due to the extra year teams have less slots available
- kids dropped down to lower levels all of the time. They probably have time to catch on somewhere? Maybe
- I think the portal is give and take. It allowed us to beef up our OL but some of these kids are now without a home.
- we have no idea on our kids who transferred out and why but I’m guessing it was to find playing time or get closer to home. I have no bad feelings towards any of them no matter the reasons they chose to move on

Vegas, baby!

Good luck, Ryan!

Las Vegas GIF

Best wishes Ryan. I always enjoyed your enthusiasm for RU football. Nice of you to keep the RU, color scheme upon transfer. I had to zoom in to see if these were Scarlet Knight unis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Nobody wants to accept being the back up and fighting for the starting job . This is the big change over the years. These kids want everything handed to them or they are leaving.
So many assumptions in this post.

Sometimes the kids above you are better than you, and you will never catch them. Coaches may have had an honest conversation about this, as they should.

Hope he finds success at another school.

ADVERTISEMENT