ADVERTISEMENT

Dean and Oskar

And you can bet if Miller lands at Vermont or Colgate we’ll face off with them in the NCAA’s and you know who hits the big shot in the closing seconds to shut up all the yardbirds on this board who have dogged him about his offensive game since he stepped on-campus. The College Hoops Gawds have always treated us cruelly.
Non-zero chance

Imho this could be a win-win

I hope each lands in a good spot, with more playing time, greater role, etc.

from all accounts each are really good kids and great teammates. So no reason not to wish them each the best of luck

But, from a basketball perspective, the roster spots were needed to build more quality depth

Last edited:
Wish nothing but the best to all 3 - Palmquist the only one I would have like to have seen a little more of, but even at that I didn't see him being a difference maker by any stretch. At the end of the day Pike had too many of these guys on this team - speaks to the recruiting the past couple of years. Better days ahead both for them, and for us!

And you can bet if Miller lands at Vermont or Colgate we’ll face off with them in the NCAA’s and you know who hits the big shot in the closing seconds to shut up all the yardbirds on this board who have dogged him about his offensive game since he stepped on-campus. The College Hoops Gawds have always treated us cruelly.
The big shot will be the last 3 of his 30 points and his 7th 3. The board meltdown would be epic.

Reactions: shields
These three young guys are the kind that make you proud to be a Rutgers fan, regardless of wins and losses.

So Jalen, Dean, and Oskar, thank you for always giving your all during your time here at RU, whether that was on or off the court. -You will always be part of the Rutgers family and will always be a SCARLET KNIGHT.

These three young guys are the kind that make you proud to be a Rutgers fan, regardless of wins and losses.

So Jalen, Dean, and Oskar, thank you for always giving your all during your time here at RU, whether that was on or off the court. -You will always be part of the Rutgers family and will always be a SCARLET KNIGHT.
Have there been any RU hoopsters any who have not made you proud ? Seems cliche to me.

Why does proud have to be cliche? Weird comment.

Oskar, Jalen and Dean all were good students, class acts and good teammates. Why not be proud?
To me, being proudworthy requires special attributes and special effort. These players are no different than the hundreds who came before them. Same "good students, class acts and good teammates" To me, it takes more.....it takes standing out,

Semantics I guess.

Reactions: RutgersSam
Have there been any RU hoopsters any who have not made you proud ? Seems cliche to me.
To begin with, you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean I have to give it any value. (Spoiler: I don't.)

And if athletes come here, represent the school well, actually go to class, serve the community, and play to the best of their ability whether they be a starter or not, then yeah, it DOES make me proud.

So if that's being "cliche" then I'm perfectly happy to be exactly that.

Sure did. Here it is from Mirriam-Webster:

nonzero​

adjective

non·ze·ro ˌnän-ˈzir-(ˌ)ō
-ˈzē-(ˌ)rō

: being, having, or involving a value other than zero

Did you mean to use the phrase “less than zero”? That might have made more sense in your attempt to snark.
Non zero chance is used most often when the chances of something happening are indistinguishable from zero.

because I get tired of hearing EVERY player "is the first one to practice and the last to leave", "is the best teammate", "is a great kid", "is the reason I love to coach"....these bs statements are so overused they have no value or meaning. And to suggest being proud of XXXX for basically wearing the uniform rings just as hollow to me. should we also be proud of David Wright for his career ? Or Joe Torre ? Or Pike ? Proud of the Amazon delivery drivers ? Proud of my kids for cutting the grass ?

Sure, I respect their efforts. 100%. But to me, a fan, being proudworthy requires more.

Further, the definition of proud includes "of someone who is closely associated". I'm not closely associated with Wright, Pike, Reiber or Amazon drivers, so no, proud doesn't apply by the definition either.

p <.001

??

Last edited:
because I get tired of hearing EVERY player "is the first one to practice and the last to leave", "is the best teammate", "is a great kid", "is the reason I love to coach"....these bs statements are so overused they have no value or meaning. And to suggest being proud of XXXX for basically wearing the uniform rings just as hollow to me. should we also be proud of David Wright for his career ? Or Joe Torre ? Or Pike ? Proud of the Amazon delivery drivers ? Proud of my kids for cutting the grass ?

Sure, I respect their efforts. 100%. But to me, a fan, being proudworthy requires more.

Further, the definition of proud includes "of someone who is closely associated". I'm not closely associated with Wright, Pike, Reiber or Amazon drivers, so no, proud doesn't apply by the definition either.

p <.001

??
297.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT