ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Rieber Video

I think some people were questioning this kids height... he looks all of 6'9" to 6'10" matched up with Myles.

Good video

He will develop into one of those stretch 4/5s you see on teams like Gonzaga, Dayton, San Diego St., Creighton, etc. That will just make your team more versatile.

I love the added length on our roster. Reminds me of the top Syracuse teams where everyone had long wing spans to threaten passing lanes and contest shots.

If Reiber has a decent stroke from 15+ feet at his size, that's a great wrinkle in the offense. And you can't teach size, which doesn't get tired. I like it.

I'm always excited to see which Frosh can cut it an which can't. I don't see that Reiber has the height or strength to play Center in a B1G game. I think he brings something different at the 4 that can work. Obviously he's going to have to put in some time with the team stylist.

I'm always excited to see which Frosh can cut it an which can't. I don't see that Reiber has the height or strength to play Center in a B1G game. I think he brings something different at the 4 that can work. Obviously he's going to have to put in some time with the team stylist.

Yeah definitely not a Center. He’s a modern Stretch-4 who has height. If he develops on offense, he will be a matchup problem for opposing defenses.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
His game reminds me of Reuvers on Wisconsin (Reuvers was a more highly rated recruit, just talking style)

So happy for the whole team and coaching staff. They all seem to be good people attracting good people. Hopefully, that continues indefinitely. When asked about his goal.. he names a TEAM GOAL... a PROGRAM GOAL. Love that. Though I do have a pet peeve about long hair or complicated hair.. I get it.. personal choice.. I just think that with all they have to be concerned about with playing and school.. seems like a distraction to me. (yeah, I know, okay boomer.. get off my lawn).

Reactions: nealbo1
What a crazy difference AAU and all the other club teams out there makes. When I was balling your 6'4 -6'5 guy was your center and had hands of stone, couldn't dribble and only thing in repertoire was post moves. Your 6'10 guys could be PG's today

What a crazy difference AAU and all the other club teams out there makes. When I was balling your 6'4 -6'5 guy was your center and had hands of stone, couldn't dribble and only thing in repertoire was post moves. Your 6'10 guys could be PG's today
Reminds me of when Magic Johnson played point, D'd up by some little fast guy.... very tall guys SHOULDN'T be able to act as a point.. the ball has to travel too far on every dribble to match his stride and height.. little guys should be able to take it away.. rather easily.. however.. with Magic.. the NBA allowed him to use his off-arm to just hold the defender back.. and all leagues allowed him.. and everyone else.. to have the ball defy gravity and change direction mid-dribble... what used to be called a carry.

But, yeah.. big men ball skills and coordination have improved a great deal.

So happy for the whole team and coaching staff. They all seem to be good people attracting good people. Hopefully, that continues indefinitely. When asked about his goal.. he names a TEAM GOAL... a PROGRAM GOAL. Love that. Though I do have a pet peeve about long hair or complicated hair.. I get it.. personal choice.. I just think that with all they have to be concerned about with playing and school.. seems like a distraction to me. (yeah, I know, okay boomer.. get off my lawn).
Disagree with your thoughts on hair but lucky for you he got a haircut

ADVERTISEMENT