ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware up 37-0 over Maine in 4th quarter

I do not recall Dare being 6’7” 240 at Rutgers. Is this a TYPO in his player profile? Or an effort to get an NFL tryout as a TE?

Shoot, he could’ve stayed at Rutgers if he wanted to be a TE.

Anyone see the blatant cheap shot Jacksonville State LB put on Delaware QB? The Jacksonville LB Markail Benton was a former unanimous 4 star recruit who signed with Alabama and saw some time there before transferring to Jacksonville State

Yup... One of the few times targeting should’ve been called.

I'm not saying we "can't lose". What I'm saying is, we are in the B1G. As fans, we aren't supposed to GO INTO an FCS game concerned about the outcome.

We've gotta act big time if we wanna be big time.

One final point -- is a recruit, who wants to win a national championship, gonna be inspired by your terror rabble rousing for the blue hens? C'mon, show some faith. We should stomp these turkeys.
people used to say that about playing the service academies. they were wrong.. they were generally tough games and many legit D1 teams had problems with them. we CANNOT go in assuming a win.. as coaches, players or fans... this team has to EARN every win.

• Haha
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
people used to say that about playing the service academies. they were wrong.. they were generally tough games and many legit D1 teams had problems with them. we CANNOT go in assuming a win.. as coaches, players or fans... this team has to EARN every win.
That more because of their offensive style.

Has Delaware gone back to the Wing-T or the triple option?

So, we are gonna be terrified of losing to Delaware? That's where we are at here? I'll remind you that, as fans, we don't actually put on the pads. We just cheer for the team. We are gonna go into the stadium on that sunny September terrified of losing?

Delaware has a chance to be the FCS champ. I don’t think they do it (imo, they get steamrolled by South Dakota State this weekend, 42-10).

I don’t think people are scared, but correctly recognizing that top tier FCS sometimes take down even ranked FBS opponents. It happens. Top tier FCS is better than a lot of the G5. I think Greg will have a good game plan and Delaware has to show me more before I’d pick them to win vs RU. So, not worried (yet).

Delaware has a chance to be the FCS champ. I don’t think they do it (imo, they get steamrolled by South Dakota State this weekend, 42-10).

I don’t think people are scared, but correctly recognizing that top tier FCS sometimes take down even ranked FBS opponents. It happens. Top tier FCS is better than a lot of the G5. I think Greg will have a good game plan and Delaware has to show me more before I’d pick them to win vs RU. So, not worried (yet).

not thinking Delaware will beat us just it won’t be a 30 point blowout victory at some people on this Board are boasting about.

If Delaware is a tough match up, shut the program down
It will be a tough match up, think about it they have nothing to lose. All the pressure will be on us. I remember when all y friend got on me when Toledo played State Penn. I told them that Toledo wasn't going to be a push over they all laughed at me, on Monday morning I was the one laughing because we kicked their butts😀

So, we are gonna be terrified of losing to Delaware? That's where we are at here? I'll remind you that, as fans, we don't actually put on the pads. We just cheer for the team. We are gonna go into the stadium on that sunny September terrified of losing?
It's all about alphas and betas in this thread...lol.

nice use of the word "terrified".. funny how you thought of that.

That more because of their offensive style.

Has Delaware gone back to the Wing-T or the triple option?
Since 2015, all these P5 teams have lost to FCS teams...

Georgia Tech
Kansas (2x)
Baylor
Iowa State
Virginia
Northwestern
Iowa
Washington State
South Carolina

All I am saying is that it is possible... especially while we are rebuilding. And I guess I am saying playing a very successful FCS team is like playing a service academy.

Reactions: TM94goRU

Georgia Tech
Kansas (2x)
Baylor
Iowa State
Virginia
Northwestern
Iowa
Washington State
South Carolina

All I am saying is that it is possible... especially while we are rebuilding. And I guess I am saying playing a very successful FCS team is like playing a service academy.
Got it, approx. 3% of all P5 games against FCS teams (not counting last year) have resulted in a loss. Glad we have you to do the worrying for the rest of us.

Hope that the New Jersey Players that go to schools like Delaware, James Madison, URI, Elon, etc. stay home and go to Monmouth. No reason they can’t be a national power in Division 1-AA. Nice campus right next to the ocean, brand new stadium, and an administration that supports sports.

Georgia Tech
Kansas (2x)
Baylor
Iowa State
Virginia
Northwestern
Iowa
Washington State
South Carolina

Looked into this further, for the teams you cited 7 of the 10 had losing records and most of these happened in 2016 and 2015 (see below).

GT was 3-9 in 2019 when they lost to The Citadel
Kansas was 0-12 in 2015 & 3-9 in 2018.
Baylor was 1-11 in 2017 when they lost to Liberty (last year as FCS).
Iowa State was 3-9 in 2016 when they lost to Northern Iowa.
Virginia was 2-10 in 2016 when they lost to Richmond.
NW was 7-6 in in 2016 when they lost to Illinois State.
Iowa was 8-5 in 2016 when they lost to ND State.
Washington State was 9-4 in 2016 when they lost to Portland State.
South Carolina was 3-9 in 2015 when the lost to The Citadel.

Anything can happen on any given day but the odds are very slim and typically happen to real bad P5 teams.

Got it, approx. 3% of all P5 games against FCS teams (not counting last year) have resulted in a loss. Glad we have you to do the worrying for the rest of us.

Ummmmmmm. How many FBS teams are playing games against the top FCS teams ? Not that many for good reason. Fattening up against the Howard’s and Norfolk States of the world are meaningless.

‘South Dakota State would beat us as well.

Looked into this further, for the teams you cited 7 of the 10 had losing records and most of these happened in 2016 and 2015 (see below).

GT was 3-9 in 2019 when they lost to The Citadel
Kansas was 0-12 in 2015 & 3-9 in 2018.
Baylor was 1-11 in 2017 when they lost to Liberty (last year as FCS).
Iowa State was 3-9 in 2016 when they lost to Northern Iowa.
Virginia was 2-10 in 2016 when they lost to Richmond.
NW was 7-6 in in 2016 when they lost to Illinois State.
Iowa was 8-5 in 2016 when they lost to ND State.
Washington State was 9-4 in 2016 when they lost to Portland State.
South Carolina was 3-9 in 2015 when the lost to The Citadel.

Anything can happen on any given day but the odds are very slim and typically happen to real bad P5 teams.
Typically these OOC games are early season.. for all we know, losing such a game helped send the team into a tailspin.

All I am suggesting is that everyone not count this game as an automatic win and that we don't think of the outcome as EVERYTHING. It is just a single game against a good team.

This UD team is very good at the FCS level. However, I don't see that program to be as good as some of those classic Tubby Raymond teams. In short, I think Rutgers wins this game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT