ADVERTISEMENT

Dellquan Warren

Would be very surprised if he winds up at RU. Seems the NIL will be the deciding factor.

"Totally loved it at Rutgers, beautiful campus, I love the coaches' plan for me. But I want to be sure, and NIL is definitely important to me."

Sounds like Rod Tidwell. "Show me the money!"

Show Me The Money GIF

Dude looks like a very good player but he's not a 5 star guy that can fish around for 6-7 figure NILs.

But yeah sounds like we're a placeholder. I dont think Pike and coaching staff are going to like this.

Weird. Usually in basketball one you commit you stick.

Pike won't be too happy with this.
Yea flipping is a football thing, but maybe now with NIL it becomes more common in basketball if someone swoops in with a better offer

Unfortunate comments since flipping is a football thing and not prevalent in bball

Interesting comments about a possible 2023 reclass too
Guessing that flipping may become more prevalent with NIL now in the picture. Kids might verbally commit but other schools then make NIL offers.

From the article, it sounds like he liked Rutgers, but then didn't know how to say
"I like you but I still want to see other people."
And instead of saying that ^ he just "committed" on the spot to end the visit on a feel good vibe.

From the article, it sounds like he liked Rutgers, but then didn't know how to say
"I like you but I still want to see other people."
And instead of saying that ^ he just "committed" on the spot to end the visit on a feel good vibe.
But he had a whole commitment video done. It didn't seem like a spur of the moment thing. But it was out of nowhere. I dunno.

I have a question. He is open about hearing from other schools.
What about other kids who commits. Do they keep hearing from other schools also even though they are not open about it like DellQuan? Or do kids really just shut everything down after verbal commit?

Say what??? Hoping he ends up here because looks like a great player…

All the quotes from the article though lol! Best one: “I’m trying to make sure I made the right choice because I haven’t been to that many places so I want to make sure.”

Mentioned 5 other schools he wants to visit and said that NIL was very important. Also doesn’t know if he’s going to be 2023 or 2024.

Damn. Not actually a verbal commit

Reactions: Kbee3
I have a question. He is open about hearing from other schools.
What about other kids who commits. Do they keep hearing from other schools also even though they are not open about it like DellQuan? Or do kids really just shut everything down after verbal commit?

Not good. How do you build a class and turn down others if one of your spots if filled by someone saying these things? I have confidence that Pike can manage this and it might end up being a situation where RU says thanks but no thanks. Post the Harper commit, we will look attractive to many PGs.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
well i have to imagine the coaching staff will be having a conversation with him about this real soon if not already

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT