ADVERTISEMENT

Denver Lacrosse

biazza38

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
I hate them. They were up on ND 13-2 today. I hate to open up old wounds, but dammit how did they lose to Marquette? Their center is a beast who has ridiculously quick wrists. I just had to vent because I lnow I'm not the only one who saw this.

I hate them. They were up on ND 13-2 today. I hate to open up old wounds, but dammit how did they lose to Marquette? Their center is a beast who has ridiculously quick wrists. I just had to vent because I lnow I'm not the only one who saw this.

Me too but I hate ND much worse. It really does look like Denver tanked their BE tournament game v. Marquette to get an additional BE into the NCAA tournament. They should get rid of the auto bids or add a qualifier like at least having a top 20 RPI. I hope Denver gets destroyed next week.

Me too but I hate ND much worse. It really does look like Denver tanked their BE tournament ga to get an additional BE
Totally hate ND more. I really don't get how Denver lost. I think their centerman is the best in the country

Totally hate ND more. I really don't get how Denver lost. I think their centerman is the best in the country
He is called a faceoff kid or FOGO for short stands for faceoff and get off. He is from Denville and went to Mo-Beard and yes he is the best in the country but against Marquette their faceoff kid ( who is also from NJ) matchs up very well as he is also strong and quick.
Face offs are a lot about matchups

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
He is called a faceoff kid OT FOGO for short stands for faceoff and get off. He is from Denver and went to Mo-Beard and yes he is the best in the country but against Marquette their faceoff kid ( who is also from NJ) matchs up very well as he is also strong and quick.
Face offs are a lot about matchups
The kid looks like he can play fullback or linebacker. Albany and Maryland should be a fun game tomorrow. Albany dominated in the faceoff circle verse UNC

Fogo, not centerman. This isn't hockey.

Kid is a beast. Everyone but Denver missed that kid. Fam, who do you think takes Groel's spot?

No question they waxed us good-----that's 6 in a row over us.

Eight weeks ago we lose to them 11-10 at the buzzer in Denver and to get your ass whipped like that is inexcusable.

Yeah Foads keep dreaming----we beat Ohio State and Md

Finish in the Top 4 of a 6 team conference before you begin that narrative.

I am not sure that we deserved to be in over ND but generally, it appears that the ACC is not at the level of the B1G this year. Not assuming anything for next year but it looks that way this year. I do not think that Hopkins should have been in either. If we want to get in we have to leave no doubt

In over ND or Cuse. No. Over Duke and UNC Yes.

RUTGERS should have been invited into the playoffs over North Carolina, Yale, Loyola-MD, Marquette, Air Force, Bryant and Monmouth.

RUTGERS earned a playoff spot on the field. Late in the season RUTGERS took Maryland to 3(OT) before losing and in their last regular season game RUTGERS beat Ohio State.

RUTGERS may have been a top 10 team this year.

I live in Albany...I hope they pull it off...I always loved the underdog

Albany looked like a deer in headlights against Maryland. They weren't ready for prime time.

It's really incredible what Tillman is doing at Maryland. In 7 seasons he's now been to 6 Final Fours, won 5 consecutive ACC/B1G regular season championships, and 3 conference tournament titles. Amazing numbers.

Bringing another national title to UMD would make him a god there. Funny enough, his contract is up in a few weeks. I think Maryland will bump him up to at least $275K-300K and his assistants will get a nice bump, too.

If I'm Michigan's AD, no chance I'm not looking at the Ivy for my next coach.

First call has to be Nadelen at Towson.

Wouldn't sleep on ND's coach either, though he didn't help his cause this weekend. He's been very restless for a long time.

Albany looked like a deer in headlights against Maryland. They weren't ready for prime time.

It's really incredible what Tillman is doing at Maryland. In 7 seasons he's now been to 6 Final Fours, won 5 consecutive ACC/B1G regular season championships, and 3 conference tournament titles. Amazing numbers.

Bringing another national title to UMD would make him a god there. Funny enough, his contract is up in a few weeks. I think Maryland will bump him up to at least $275K-300K and his assistants will get a nice bump, too.

If I'm Michigan's AD, no chance I'm not looking at the Ivy for my next coach.
That Albany game brings to my mind our great hoops and FB season of "76"when we went on that incredible run to the final 4 before coming to earth with a harsh crash...but in this case I couldn't lose...I just love underdogs unless it's ACC or SEC...sorta the David and Goliath syndrome...at least our conference got it's props with the MD win and Albany earned some respect for the little man...lol...

First call has to be Nadelen at Towson.

Wouldn't sleep on ND's coach either, though he didn't help his cause this weekend. He's been very restless for a long time.
Yep, Towson is a tough place to recruit. Will always be 3rd fiddle to UMD and JHU with stiff competition from Loyola and to a lesser extent UMBC. What he has done with that program is very impressive. He has them playing as well as anyone in the country right now.

Don't know much about ND's coach's situation but that is a top 3 job IMO. Would think that would be a tough pull.

Another I would look at is the Albany coach. I've always felt like Albany had some huge built in advantages being one of two SUNY schools playing D1 lax. A quarter or half ride to a LI / CNY kid goes a lot farther than it does at Cuse, Hofstra, Cornell or any of the other private schools in the state. And in a lot of ways they have an advantage over Stony Brook in recruiting LI kids that want to leave the Island. But I think they have peeked and their road is only going to get more difficult as the gap between the B1G / ACC and the rest of D1 widens. Marr would recruit Michigan extremely well and runs a fast paced, player friendly style similar to ours.

Not sure why, but Corrigan has tried to get out of ND on more than one occasion. He was very interested in the Uva job most recently.

Speaking of, heard the alums aren't too happy with Tiffany already.

The only issue with Towson and Albany is that they recruit a different type of student then Michigan which would be more akin to the Ivies. I think Shay would be great, I am hearing that Corrigan's act might be getting old in ND. The UVA guys have to give Lars a little time, his style is perfect for the Hoos but, he has to be able to get some of his guys there.
What about the guy at Monmouth,( Fischer) he has done a good job in a place that is hard to recruit at and he worked at ND for awhile so he might have some insight into recruiting their

Fischer is an RU guy so you have to pull for him. I would think being a new program would dictate the style that he plays, which would be a concern if I was hiring.

When I have seen them, it's like watching paint dry. You'd hope being a new program and not so much talent would be the reason though.

Agree with Fam. Marr at Albany doesn't translate to Michigan in my mind. The kids he has at Albany are not the type of kids who get into and go to Michigan. Would likely have to change his player philosophy.

Nadelen seems like a perfect fit at this time. They are in dire need of some defensive discipline and he can bring it. You'd think he'd do well recruiting there considering he seems to have done that at Towson, and Michigan is a much easier sell now.

The rumblings I have heard out of Uva is Tiffany seems more interested in molding men than winning lacrosse games. Can't imagine that's true but the natives are restless already there. Got to be a tough place to coach now given their past success. Immediate results are expected. Got to give him time though, that's for sure.

Reactions: rufamily
Agree, Towson and Albany recruit similar type players out of necessity. A kid with grades and skill to play at Duke, UVa, ND, Ivies, etc. is not gonna give a look to either school. But let's not pretend that every kid playing for Duke, UVa, ND and to a lesser extent Ivies would get in to any of those schools if not for their skills on the lacrosse field. If anything, it is more impressive what Marr and Nadalen have done essentially picking up the scraps leftover after the big boys take the pick of the litter or pulling hidden gems out of Canada or other lesser recruited areas and fielding teams that can compete at the highest level.

I don't think either coach would have to necessarily change the skillset profile of the players they recruit. However the reality is that currently they have to take risks - either grades or maybe character - in order to acquire talent similar to higher caliber schools where coaches do not have to take similar risks. At Michigan, either coach would certainly have a much better shot winning a battle against ND or Duke than at Albany or Towson, that's for sure.

Tony Seamen, a year behind me in College, had a great run at Towson. Also did very well at Penn & Hopkins. Tony made it to the Final 4 with all three teams.

RUTGERS should have been invited into the playoffs over North Carolina, Yale, Loyola-MD, Marquette, Air Force, Bryant and Monmouth.

RUTGERS earned a playoff spot on the field. Late in the season RUTGERS took Maryland to 3(OT) before losing and in their last regular season game RUTGERS beat Ohio State.

RUTGERS may have been a top 10 team this year.

If there was a notion to prohibit more than four teams from the B1G to make the playoffs this season, that notion needs to change.

Assuming that Michigan retains a good Head Coach, which I think is probable, there could be a year where the B1G will have 6 of the top 10 teams in the country,
like the B1G often does in Wrestling.

Not sure why, but Corrigan has tried to get out of ND on more than one occasion. He was very interested in the Uva job most recently.

Speaking of, heard the alums aren't too happy with Tiffany already.
Despite Corrigan's success at ND, UVA is still a step up. Never surprised when a former player looks at his alma matter. Corrigan family is interesting. Deep ties with ND, but also ACC and several schools there.

If there was a notion to prohibit more than four teams from the B1G to make the playoffs this season, that notion needs to change.

Assuming that Michigan retains a good Head Coach, which I think is probable, there could be a year where the B1G will have 6 of the top 10 teams in the country,
like the B1G often does in Wrestling.

This scenario would not surprise me at all. The B1G moving forward is going to be an incredible battle, as it was this year. It's an exciting league to be a part of. Far more than the old BE we were a part of.

What's PSU doing facility wise for the lacrosse team? I saw some renovations or building of some kind is going on.

This scenario would not surprise me at all. The B1G moving forward is going to be an incredible battle, as it was this year. It's an exciting league to be a part of. Far more than the old BE we were a part of.

What's PSU doing facility wise for the lacrosse team? I saw some renovations or building of some kind is going on.
PSU just got a good donation ($3.5 mil) to upgrade the lax stadium. 6 top 10 teams could happen, but would be tough. This season was almost perfect from a conference pespective. If RU beat Md, 5 teams would have been 3-2, holding serve at home and beating UM. Michigan winning games would have shifted standings/RPI etc.

PSU just got a good donation ($3.5 mil) to upgrade the lax stadium. 6 top 10 teams could happen, but would be tough. This season was almost perfect from a conference pespective. If RU beat Md, 5 teams would have been 3-2, holding serve at home and beating UM. Michigan winning games would have shifted standings/RPI etc.

The B1G could get 6 of the top 10 in the country if 3 B1G teams that are 2-3 in conference have great OOC records.
The B1G is that good. It is even possible for a B1G team that is 1-4 in conference to make the top 10, but, that team would have to have an undefeated OOC record, which would be unlikely.

Reactions: Caliknight
The B1G could get 6 of the top 10 in the country if 3 B1G teams that are 2-3 in conference have great OOC records.
The B1G is that good. It is even possible for a B1G team that is 1-4 in conference to make the top 10, but, that team would have to have an undefeated OOC record, which would be unlikely.
That team would have to be Hopkins. All kidding aside, the B1G is that could and it could happen. If RU beat Delaware but lost to OSU in OT, I think they still would have been borderline top 10 at 1-4

Penn State just received a $3.55 million donation to complete the permanent bleachers for the $6 million stadium project. Lacrosse is also supposed to be part of the new facility for all sports that will also have a new indoor facility.
702x336xpanzer-stadium-lacrosse-702x336.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.pD5NpYijJ4.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-03-20-at-12.38.47-PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT