ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul vs Northwestern

Yeah. Based on the way we struggled tonight against a very bad Morgan St. team, I think we have a LONG way to go to be competitive in the Big 10. The new coaching staff looks like a dramatic improvement, but we can't shoot worth a lick, as many have observed. After the cream puffs are over it will likely be another long year in conference.

The difference versus last year is if we do get hot shooting in a game, we have the capability of upsetting a few more teams. In the past we didnt have that. Still hongexpecting around 13-15 wins.

Minn and Illini with good wins-----Ohio State struggles against FDU.

We have to be able to quicken the passing and crispness of the offense in order to beat the better teams. I liked what mike Williams did late in the game. Instead of just staying outside looking for another 3 point attempt, he cut to the hoop and made the reverse lay up. His game is starting to really come full circle with offense, defense and rebounding. If the 3s are falling, find a way to score. We will have some nights where everything is clicking and that will be fun.

One note on the crowd last night. Outstanding, especially the student section. We played a really poor game but the students stayed into it and helped create a RAC atmosphere of old. When the RAC gets loud, it's a tough arena for opponents.

Yes, we were too stagnant against the zone. Whenever we sped up the offense we began to pull away. The ball needs to move quickly against the zone. We really moved the ball quickly against the zone in our first few games but the last few games it has not been as fast or crisp. Last night we needed to push the ball more and when we did good things happened.

Northwestern, Penn State, Illinois, Minnesota will all be tough games to win even at the RAC. The bottom of the league is stronger this year

Iowa is struggling so far. They are not the team they were a year ago. We should have a real shot in that game as well.

Do you think NW follows the neighboring Cubs to do the unthinkable - land an NCAA tourney bid - knocking us to #2 on the list?

Yeah. Based on the way we struggled tonight against a very bad Morgan St. team, I think we have a LONG way to go to be competitive in the Big 10. The new coaching staff looks like a dramatic improvement, but we can't shoot worth a lick, as many have observed. After the cream puffs are over it will likely be another long year in conference.
Strongly disagree

Believe me, I strongly hope you are right!
Granted almost every middle to lower tier Big 10 team from last year is better but so are we. We have not had depth like this in at least 10 years. I expect competitive games every night. I am not going into any game thinking we have no chance

Reactions: shields
Granted almost every middle to lower tier Big 10 team from last year is better but so are we. We have not had depth like this in at least 10 years. I expect competitive games every night. I am not going into any game thinking we have no chance

Plus, you've got to believe that our shooting has to improve, especially Sanders and Johnson, who are shooting well below their historical average.

Reactions: goru7
ADVERTISEMENT