ADVERTISEMENT

Deshawn Freeman Selling Rutgers Gear

About us page

Founded by Jason Lansing, Austin Pomerantz, and Hunter Pomerantz, along with athlete-founders Charles Matthews and Zavier Simpson, The Players Trunk is a platform for former college athletes to capitalize on the gear they earned during the duration of their college career. This marketplace houses player-owned, game-issued/worn gear, directly from the player.

About us page

Founded by Jason Lansing, Austin Pomerantz, and Hunter Pomerantz, along with athlete-founders Charles Matthews and Zavier Simpson, The Players Trunk is a platform for former college athletes to capitalize on the gear they earned during the duration of their college career. This marketplace houses player-owned, game-issued/worn gear, directly from the player.

“Gear they earned”?

I guess the scholarship and free education they received wasn’t enough, so they have to sell all of the free gear they’re given.

Pretty sad indeed. Not shocked Simpson is behind this, after the incident he was involved in and got away with this winter.

The prices are very good , especially considering it is unlikely fans could find these just walking into a store or even on general websites.

Reactions: Plum Street
“Gear they earned”?

I guess the scholarship and free education they received wasn’t enough, so they have to sell all of the free gear they’re given.

Pretty sad indeed. Not shocked Simpson is behind this, after the incident he was involved in and got away with this winter.

I have zero issues. Football players and basketball players generate a ton of revenue, probably at a big multiple to the value of their college education

I have one of those Rutgers issued vest, I do not blame him for selling it, terrible cut and fit.

College athetic departments (including Rutgers) have sales and auctions for these items every year to raise money. This is former players doing the same thing to earn a few dollars on some ugly crap that they will never wear again.

“Gear they earned”?

You mean that icy road thing? C'mon.. that was a whole lotta nothing... unless we get into the "loan" of the car thing... his lying about being the driver was a little strange unless he thought he was doing something wrong.

The prices are very good , especially considering it is unlikely fans could find these just walking into a store or even on general websites.
The gear bag was a good buy for someone... though they did not mention its size.. if it is a small one then price $50 was just okay.

You mean that icy road thing? C'mon.. that was a whole lotta nothing... unless we get into the "loan" of the car thing... his lying about being the driver was a little strange unless he thought he was doing something wrong.

You forgot the driving under the influence and getting away with it thing.

I have zero issues. Football players and basketball players generate a ton of revenue, probably at a big multiple to the value of their college education

Cant really say I have an “issue” with it but still think it’s pretty sad. You would think these players would be proud of their alma mater and want to hang on to that type of stuff, or continue to still wear it.

Cant really say I have an “issue” with it but still think it’s pretty sad. You would think these players would be proud of their alma mater and want to hang on to that type of stuff, or continue to still wear it.
Mildly sad.

looking at big picture it is sad that most of these athletes have a false sense of what their earnings power will be thru basketball or football.

Last edited:
Reactions: S_Janowski
D still plays ball overseas (he's been pretty successful by and large)...was scheduled to play for Jimmy V before an unexpected knee issue held him out.

I've got no issue at all unloading some of his old gear to put some money in his pocket. We all do it whether it's a yard sale, DeClutter or some other app based vehicle.

While I was President of the CC, countless players donated game worn gear to me for use at auction. This is just an extension of that. I hope it catches on, because I'd definitely be a buyer for the right items!

If Brian Leonard sold some of his old Rutgers clothing, I could certainly see why. Nothing probably fits him. If they hadn’t said who he was on The Birthplace show on BTN, I would never imagined it was him. He looks like a completely different person since his Rutgers and NFL years

If Brian Leonard sold some of his old Rutgers clothing, I could certainly see why. Nothing probably fits him. If they hadn’t said who he was on The Birthplace show on BTN, I would never imagined it was him. He looks like a completely different person since his Rutgers and NFL years

As did Teel lol...

ADVERTISEMENT