ADVERTISEMENT

Destination Dogs team to open Neo-Neapolitan pizzeria in New Brunswick

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
The Destination Dogs team — including Jimmy Cronk, Sean Hosty, Mike Parker and Frank Karthaeuser — have teamed with Knead Baked Goods owner Jackie Mazza, who supplies bread to the Dinky Bar and Kitchen in Princeton and New Brunswick restaurants INC Bar and Kitchen, Destination Dogs and the Frog and the Peach, to open Fatto Americano, which translates to “American made” in Italian.

“It’s a play on what’s traditional in Italy,” said Cronk. “We wanted to do recipes that are not strictly Neapolitan since we want to use outside ingredients such as what’s local and what inspires us from Italian American cuisine.”

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...destination-dogs-knead-baked-goods/417772002/

I can't believe the Dillinger room is gone. Any idea what happened? That place was pretty cool, albeit never full.

Reactions: Korbermeister
I can't believe the Dillinger room is gone. Any idea what happened? That place was pretty cool, albeit never full.

Cool place, way overpriced drinks and I don't know many people that actually ate food there...

Dillinger Room would of killed in a place like Asbury Park. That was my first thought the first time I went there.

They did some strange things. I will never forget a girl I was with ordered some drink in a fancy pineapple copper cup and they made me put a 100$ (or $75 i can't remember) deposit on my credit card because the cup cost that much each and it was to prevent people from stealing them. That rubbed me way the wrong way. They obviously gave the deposit back, but I had never experienced that before in my life.

They did some strange things. I will never forget a girl I was with ordered some drink in a fancy pineapple copper cup and they made me put a 100$ (or $75 i can't remember) deposit on my credit card because the cup cost that much each and it was to prevent people from stealing them. That rubbed me way the wrong way. They obviously gave the deposit back, but I had never experienced that before in my life.

That's like at Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans, if you order a hurricane they charge you for the glass, and then you have to take the glass to the hostess stand to get your money back. Of course, the cost of the glass is only $5 or so, and they assume anyone ordering a hurricane is a tourist who is going to keep the glass as a souvenir.

Reactions: Korbermeister
That's like at Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans, if you order a hurricane they charge you for the glass, and then you have to take the glass to the hostess stand to get your money back. Of course, the cost of the glass is only $5 or so, and they assume anyone ordering a hurricane is a tourist who is going to keep the glass as a souvenir.
Smart move. Wish they would've done something similar at the Hofbräuhaus in mch in 1982

Anyone been to Fatto Americano yet? I saw that they did open and had a couple good reviews. Looking to try it soon.

Has anyone been?

Pizza place from the Destination Dogs guys. In the old Dillinger Room space.

Didn't try it yet, but looking in the space looks straight of Jersey City/Brooklyn.

Yeah that's why Dillinger Room failed in NB. It would have made a killing in those locations.

Fatto is supposed to be pretty good though so will try to get to it soon.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Fatto Americano, New Brunswick

No, Fatto Americano does not mean "fat American,'' it means "American made.''

The owners of hot dog legend Destination Dogs are behind this venture; it opened this April in the space formerly occupied by the Dillinger Room and Makeda.

fatto1jpg-1d613ae5fa3fad47.jpg

Peter Genovese | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Destination Dogs is all about first-rate hot dogs, sausages and brats, so it's no surprise the meat toppings at Fatto Americano are equally good. The Fatto Supreme combines house-made sausage, pepperoni, red onions, San Marzano tomatoes and mozzarella, while my favorite here, the Lady Liberty (photo), is a choice combination of mortadella and smoked mozzarella.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/in...ew_pizzerias_-_20_terrifically_tasty_pla.html

Yeah that's why Dillinger Room failed in NB. It would have made a killing in those locations.

Fatto is supposed to be pretty good though so will try to get to it soon.

Salt also has that vibe but seems more high end. It was packed the night of the IU game.

Over all the upper George St area continues to make strides.

ADVERTISEMENT